HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Last Place Edition (Top 3 pick Clinched!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I closed the other thread, as it was diverging away from the overall topic of this thread, which is Montreal getting the best draft pick possible. It is a tank thread.

This is NOT the thread to discuss former players that should be reserved for the Out of Town thread. Inappropriate discussion will get deleted, and has the potential for warnings for thread highjacking.

Current Standings: Montreal has clinched a bottom 2 finish & a guaranteed top 4 pick.

Screenshot_20220427-233957_NHL.jpg

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You mean... like a... ummm... Pheonix?!
Tempe will have to do. :sarcasm:

Arizona came through big time! One of the best days to be a Habs fan over the last decade.

Other satisfying moments were acquiring Suzuki, last season’s Stanley Cup run, firing Therrien and JJD, firing Bergevin-Timmins, not renewing Sly and the advent of HuGo and Marty.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So really this is a comedy after all! The Coyotes didn't want to finish last it seems. Finally I can start cheering for the Habs again!
Actually, the Coyotes showed that if they were going to lose, it wasn’t going to be for lack of trying or some dubious stratagem.

I can’t say enough about how professional they have been by truly striving for winning above all else.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just saying, the lottery is May 10 and the #1 pick has the #51

Guy Lafleur had the #10 and was born in 1951, the Lafleur ghost will give us some help !
Where’d you get that, from Marinaro this morning? Marinaro used that exact reference when trying to act like an oracle with a rabid Habs fan from Ottawa, who wanted to meet up with him.

Reactions: the

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

My point is that this really nebulous ideas that posters have where we sell every contract we can, sign nobody of value until our prospects are ready and we want to contend is dumb as hell and pretty much a surefire way to fail and suck for perpetuity. Team building is and should be a lot more fluid than that where if you think a key - even veteran - piece is valuable and available, you go for it no matter wherever the hell you think you are in your rebuild because putting set, rigorous timelines on a rebuild when dealing with factors as unpredictable and dynamic as young athletes is a dumb conviction that many hold unto for dear life.

This has absolutely nothing to do with going in multiple directions. You can have a vision and still follow the above.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I'm so excited about the prospect of maybe winning the 1st pick and grabbing Wright in this years draft. He's exactly what we've been wanting for what seems an eternity. A legit 1C. People who are lamenting he's not a "generational talent" are missing the point with Shane, this kid has all the tools to be a real star in this league.

Generational talent? Perhaps not. Franchise player? Absolutely!!! Here's hoping the hockey Gods bestow some luck and we win this lottery.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
My point is that this really nebulous ideas that posters have where we sell every contract we can, sign nobody of value until our prospects are ready and we want to contend is dumb as hell and pretty much a surefire way to fail and suck for perpetuity. Team building is and should be a lot more fluid than that where if you think a key - even veteran - piece is valuable and available, you go for it no matter wherever the hell you think you are in your rebuild because putting set, rigorous timelines on a rebuild when dealing with factors as unpredictable and dynamic as young athletes is a dumb conviction that many hold unto for dear life.

This has absolutely nothing to do with going in multiple directions. You can have a vision and still follow the above.
I apologize for that post ....Just forget i said it.....

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Tempe will have to do. :sarcasm:

Arizona came through big time! One of the best days to be a Habs fan over the last decade.

Other satisfying moments were acquiring Suzuki, last season’s Stanley Cup run, firing Therrien and JJD, firing Bergevin-Timmins, not renewing Sly and the advent of HuGo and Marty.
Well done............hi lites from the last 10 years. You forgot the Drouin trade.................the Bergy wins all his trades were also big moments, rinse and repeat!!

All jokes aside, There are four or five guys who look to be very good players.
Cooley is staying in the NCAA is that right?

Reactions: Runner77

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They are just couple of our mistakes and it's a shame we have quite a bunch of those. I've written about Bergevin mindset and how many of us Canadiens fans adopted his view of team building where everything is really f***ing hard and overpaid lackluster plugs are diamonds in the rough. Whether it happened on purpose or not but I get a vibe that you are one his disciples. It's adorable to be excited of plugs that cost one Barkov and then some but they only matter in the galaxy of grind, a little frozen pond on outer space where race of Therriens rule the rink. I'm afraid you don't have the sight or a vision for winning hockey and thus I'm not concerned of your point of view.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

'It's adorable to be excited of plugs that cost one Barkov and then some...'

Uh...okay?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
We have better chances to pick 1st OV than TO in 2016... We need that little TO luck. Shane Wright is extacly what the doctor has ordered.

Franckly, Cooley too... I don't mind either of them. I would be disappointed if we select 3rd...

When he was 15yo, I thought Wright was generational. Well, he might not be, but he's definitely a great prospect.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well done............hi lites from the last 10 years. You forgot the Drouin trade.................the Bergy wins all his trades were also big moments, rinse and repeat!!

All jokes aside, There are four or five guys who look to be very good players.
Cooley is staying in the NCAA is that right?
It was actually a list of satisfying moments. How do you figure Drouin fits in there? 🤣

I’ve only begun looking at prospects more closely now that one of the top 3 will be ours.

We have a ton of picks as you know and eventually, we’re going to experience a contract limit squeeze. I’d be very surprised that they would fill one of those few contract spots available with a NCAA player drafted this year when it can be delayed.

That said, I don’t know how NHL ready he is but it looks so far that Wright and Cooley have a majority consensus as likely to go 1-2 — most are giving Wright the edge but if we should get that 2nd pick instead, Cooley would not be all that far off from Wright.

I’m really more concerned about the 3rd slot, as opinions are more varied.

Reactions: BLONG7

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You seem to assume so much from one sentence, that maybe it's your turn to explain what you are trying to say?

Combining Dvorak and Anderson's salaries to claim that you're missing out on the Barkovs of the world is moronic for a multitude of reasons but the foremost ones being that Barkov or not, you still need to ice players and some of them are bound to end up costing you 4 million dollars or 6 million dollars. Not to mention that they constitute two players at two different positions, rendering the comparison even dumber than it originally was. In fact, I would love to find one example of a player of Barkov's caliber getting traded from his team because of the scenario you described.

Your turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad