Curious case of Brock Boesers next contract...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Boeser posted himself wakesurfing June 24th, so unless he hurt himself, I don't know. He's definitely covering up his arm. He had his one wrist taped up all year so I don't doubt he's injured elsewhere - Canucks medical staff is brutal.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Boeser posted himself wakesurfing June 24th, so unless he hurt himself, I don't know. He's definitely covering up his arm. He had his one wrist taped up all year so I don't doubt he's injured elsewhere - Canucks medical staff is brutal.

This is ridiculous. 2 pictures and we are jumping to conclusions about an injury...

It could be multiple things, he could've gotten a tattoo, which would need to be covered up from the sun as much as possible when it's that new. It could be him just awkwardly holding a towel.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If Boeser injured something wakeboarding he needs a massive wake up call. But if he did injure something you got to wonder if he's just unlucky or there is something not right. At this time, I'm not going to speculate further and assume he is 100% and having fun.

4 years would be a friggin disaster, that just absolutely screams Boeser taking his 1 year ARB rights contract and then walking, because that would be the most Canucks thing ever

Well if 4 years doesn't take him to UFA it's not an absolute disaster. It'll just be a long bridge contract. There would be more than enough time to figure out whether he'll sign a long-term contract for reasonable dollars. If the concern is that he's just going to arbitration and leave, he'll still be a tradeable asset. I would do 6 years, but as we have discussed here, there are some concerns with Boeser in terms of his long-term performance in the NHL. A short bridge isn't the end of the world.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
If it was a tattoo and he knew all this speculation was out on the internet , while negotiating a huge contract you would think he would be smart enough to go on Twitter and say “ it’s a tattoo .. relax “

Either he’s injured or he’s trolling

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
If it was a tattoo and he knew all this speculation was out on the internet , while negotiating a huge contract you would think he would be smart enough to go on Twitter and say “ it’s a tattoo .. relax “

Either he’s injured or he’s trolling

The twitter account he hasn't posted on since April... Social media is a nice conduit to the fans, but players are required to be on it and post to quell the tin foil hat ramblings about 2 freakin pictures.

Does he even know that this is an issue? If I was a hockey player, I'd want to cut out social media as much as possible, specially during the offseason when it's time to relax and recharge from a very physically and mentally demanding season.

If he was injured I highly doubt he'd have posted those pictures and would go full on social media blackout to avoid this exact BS.

This is literally people trying to find something wrong when there isn't anything going on.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This is ridiculous. 2 pictures and we are jumping to conclusions about an injury...

It could be multiple things, he could've gotten a tattoo, which would need to be covered up from the sun as much as possible when it's that new. It could be him just awkwardly holding a towel.

I don't even know how anyone came to the conclusion his arm is in a sling - you can't even see anything, but he's definitely covering it up on purpose.

He could literally be doing that to cover up his beer...:laugh: McDavid seems pretty slick with that too, usually has his hands behind other peoples backs in pictures.

Reactions: BeardyCanuck03

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
If Boeser injured something wakeboarding he needs a massive wake up call. But if he did injure something you got to wonder if he's just unlucky or there is something not right. At this time, I'm not going to speculate further and assume he is 100% and having fun.

Well if 4 years doesn't take him to UFA it's not an absolute disaster. It'll just be a long bridge contract. There would be more than enough time to figure out whether he'll sign a long-term contract for reasonable dollars. If the concern is that he's just going to arbitration and leave, he'll still be a tradeable asset. I would do 6 years, but as we have discussed here, there are some concerns with Boeser in terms of his long-term performance in the NHL. A short bridge isn't the end of the world.

Is it really unsure at this point that something is wrong? He has had issues with his wrist for... 3 years straight now?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I don't even know how anyone came to the conclusion his arm is in a sling - you can't even see anything, but he's definitely covering it up on purpose.

He could literally be doing that to cover up his beer...:laugh: McDavid seems pretty slick with that too, usually has his hands behind other peoples backs in pictures.

That's the most rational idea I've seen on what is going on. I'm frustrated I didn't think of it and was thinking tattoo, lol. Although I hate that I even thought about it.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
The world's largest beer bottles if he needs to cover his entire arm and shoulder to hide them in those pictures.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

This is all Benning's fault.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Is it really unsure at this point that something is wrong? He has had issues with his wrist for... 3 years straight now?

He looked great in his rookie year. But it could certainly make him more prone to injury. That's why I said a short term bridge isn't the end of the world. Wrist and shoulder injuries can impact a player's shot long term.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can understand why players wouldn’t want to play in these kinds of markets where social media photos are picked apart.

Seriously some people need to reassess the importance of their favorite sports team.

Reactions: thekernel

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Injury was never a valid concern as it was reported last week that he was ready to go for Da Beauty league. People were speculating on whether he might sign a contract soon so that he would be covered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad