Curious case of Brock Boesers next contract...

andyJH

Dec 28, 2005
Relax everyone, here he is on skates and all healthy looking.
boeser%20on%20ice.jpg

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Might be making a big deal out of nothing, but high profile people are going to get their social media scrutinized, but they're also choosing to be posting onto public social media accounts with fans of them and their team following. You have to take the bad with the good.

I don't do social media and I'm just fine without it, people who choose to engage in it should be aware that it's there for everyone to see and talk about. People shouldn't be subject to harassment on any medium but if you're a professional athlete fans will be involved with whatever you make public.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Might be making a big deal out of nothing, but high profile people are going to get their social media scrutinized, but they're also choosing to be posting onto public social media accounts with fans of them and their team following. You have to take the bad with the good.

I don't do social media and I'm just fine without it, people who choose to engage in it should be aware that it's there for everyone to see and talk about. People shouldn't be subject to harassment on any medium but if you're a professional athlete fans will be involved with whatever you make public.
People can post away all they want. But there were a couple of posters in the last page who expected brock to make an announcement about their theories about TowelGate.

No one owes that to anyone.

Not the Rock, LeBron etc who have massive followers.

He can post something to calm peoples fears but he doesn’t have to.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
I don’t know if this is the right thread for it, but Brock put a post up on IG about his dad, Duke, taking a turn for the worst. The link to a website says the following:

"Duke's lung cancer came back 6 weeks ago. It metastasized to his liver and he has some skeleton spots. He has been taking a medicine to prevent cancer growth. Yesterday afternoon he had a blood clot in the lung which triggered heart failure at home. The side effect of this cancer has affected both lungs. He was stabilized at FV Ridges hospital then sent him onto The U of M in ICU for better care. They are cooling his body to let his heart and brain heal. Still not of out of the woods for the next 48 hours, considered critical. We are currently waiting to hear what is next. The Burnsville medics, Burnsville Ridges and the UofM staff have been amazing. We will keep you updated as we hear. Please keep Duke in your prayers. "

Just terrible for Duke, Brock, and the whole family.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Come on Benning.. Times ticking..

I completely disagree with this sentiment.

There are a bunch of high end restricted free agents. The cap didn't go up as much as teams had believed it would so there aren't as many dollars available to pay the remaining free agents.

Several of the teams with restricted free agents are in cap trouble. The Canucks are one of them in that they likely won't have enough cap space left to pay the performance bonuses expected to be earned by Pettersson and Hughes after they sign Boeser and Goldobin and could end up putting themselves in cap difficulty for 2020-21 by having to defer those performance bonuses.

There's no rush. Boeser isn't able to sign elsewhere, isn't eligible for an offer sheet and isn't going to get the kind of money in Europe he can get from the Canucks. Just as if the Canucks want Boeser they have to sign him, if Boeser wants to play in the NHL he has to deal with the Canucks.

There's no reason whatsoever to jump in to sign him before seeing how the market shakes out.

There's no reason whatsoever for Benning to be impatient in this negotiation, nor for fans to be impatient and put pressure on the GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad