TSN: CSKA GM Fedorov says Zaitsev will join Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
"He knew from the start of the season that they had an agreement"

Lou Lam is the Godfather :laugh:

Lou: Oh and Nikita... Make sure when you arrive in Toronto, that your face is clean shaven... I don't like stubble messing up the skin on the dorsal side of my hand.

Nikita: Yes, no problem sir.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I'm not sure what else people need to count this "egg".

He's coming here. 100%.

I bet they already have the contract signed and sealed and are waiting until they can deliver it.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

He's coming here. 100%.

I bet they already have the contract signed and sealed and are waiting until they can deliver it.

If there has truly been an agreement in place from the beginning of the year... Per fedorov.... Wow.

I've been blown away by this guy this year, obviously more so of late during the playoffs where every game has been on TV. Get him in TO and beef him up a bit, and you've got quite the player at a remarkable bargain, considering he's 24 and seasoned.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

He's coming here. 100%.

Because I tend not to trust sources I know nothing about, especially if there is some shoddy translating involved. Until the Leafs confirm it or one of the major guys here in North America says its done deal 100% I dont trust it. So far, they have only said "is expected to sign"

Mad Brills*

Because I tend not to trust sources I know nothing about, especially if there is some shoddy translating involved. Until the Leafs confirm it or one of the major guys here in North America says its done deal 100% I dont trust it. So far, they have only said "is expected to sign"

Mckenzie and friedman have been wrong before.

The team's gm said it, and other NA guys have said it's not a secret anymore.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Exactly. And are they all using the same sources from Russia?

Also, Fedorov hasnt directly said it, Russian reporters are reporting be said it. Thats a fairly large difference.

I want him as much as anyone, but I do not count on it as done at this time.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

To be fair, (unless I missed it), the tweet said that Federov confirmed it but I haven't seen an actual quote or video where he confirmed it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Having said that, I'm pretty confident that he'll be signing in Toronto. I wouldn't say it's guaranteed, but it appears to be very likely. There is a lot of information that I didn't know previously and a lot of it points the Leaf's way.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
In the free agency period, Stamkos? If not him I think they will be going after Boedker. Pretty young (26 y/o), and he seems like a great fit for Babcock's team.

Although I am a fan of Boedker, what makes him a great fit for Babcock's team? Shoddy possession numbers, not great p/60.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Exactly. And are they all using the same sources from Russia?

Also, Fedorov hasnt directly said it, Russian reporters are reporting be said it. Thats a fairly large difference.

I want him as much as anyone, but I do not count on it as done at this time.

well if he's said it to reporters, doesn't that mean he has said it?

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Although I am a fan of Boedker, what makes him a great fit for Babcock's team? Shoddy possession numbers, not great p/60.

Good point regarding his p/60, which is unusually low for a 50ish point player. Will say he played on two of the worst possession teams this year though, so it's safe to say his corsi/possession numbers will go way up playing on Babcock's Leafs. He's a terrific skater who plays a solid 2-way game, he's capable of putting up 50-55 points, plus he's only 26. We don't have much in the way of LWs after JVR either.

I can see another team throwing a $6m+ per contract at him, which would turn Lou off. Still, not a bad option at all if they're looking to add a Kadri-aged forward to compliment the incoming 18-22 year olds. I hope we end up with Stamkos though.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Here is why he is coming to Toronto. Its the best city in North America hands down for sports and recreation. Heck half the city is a park. You can walk without hitting a street from north to south from east to west.

Russians hate the USA now thanks to Putin.

Our defence has some big holes, he makes the team guaranteed.

Toronto has a huge Russian population.

Uncle Leo is a great Russian speaking guy to show him the ropes. He can hang with Sosh.

Apparently Zatsiev speaks very good English so I doubt this is much of a factor but he would definitely be hanging with Soshnikov and Komarov.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Apparently Zatsiev speaks very good English so I doubt this is much of a factor but he would definitely be hanging with Soshnikov and Komarov.

I didn't know this, was wondering about the language barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad