Post-Game Talk: Crysaitl

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Hard to believe Edmonton is so bad. They literally have SIX former top 5 picks on their roster (four of whom were drafted by EDM, and four of whom were top 3 picks). The Rangers have two (Laf and Kakko). How can a team get elite talent year after year and still not improve at all?
You ain't shit in this league unless you get at least league average goaltending and an all situations #1 defenseman. They hitched their wagons to Campbell and Nurse for those roles, and they ain't it.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Oilers board is delicious right now. Ready to trade Draisaitl five times over.

You're not allowed to celebrate if you said "game over" back in the first. No deficit is insurmountable if you're playing Edmonton.
I’ll take Draisaitl here

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Kravtsov doesn't draw the penalty that leads to the 5 on 3 because he's admiring his dirty blonde locks flowing in the wind #hockeyaesthetics
I wouldn’t call it drawing a penalty. More like Janmark was exhausted and took a lazy penalty on a player who wasn’t near the puck.
In the words of Mike Rupp “Bill Pito would have drawn a penalty there”.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I have no ill will towards Gallant but ....

1676697415218.png

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I thought it was a great effort. Can't really pick out many guys that weren't hustling. The big thing for me is they didn't let the bad puckluck/goaltending /whatever get to them. They played a good second and totally dominated the third.
Still, if it weren't the Oilers, I doubt the comeback would have worked. Campbell's save pct is awful this year.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
A lot to like about a huge comeback like that.

Igor was absolutely lights out after the first and was cool as a cucumber in the shootout - made it look too easy.

Fox, Mika and Kreider all came up big at key moments when the team needed someone to make something happen.

Trouba’s play during that OT PK against McDavid was absurd and likely saved the game.

Kakko and Laf both showed some serious nuts on those SO goals.

Edit: also Kakkos pass and Lafs shot on his goal in the third were both absolutely ridiculous.

The bad of course was that like 10 minutes of everyone forgetting how to play defense and Igor being a sieve. Also thought Panarin was being passive again. Spent so much of his ice time at the point and half-wall. His passes were executed well but he’s got to get between the dots more. Can’t count on Vesey to be the goal scorer on that line

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad