Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My SO invested a sizable chunk into Ethereum. She woke up pretty furious this morning. And I'm sitting here thinking this is why I never dipped my toes into crypto in the first place.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Just need her to hold and wait. Now would be the perfect time to buy ETH yourself. Probably be up 15-20% in a week. I wish I had the $5,500 in the bank that I used on the down payment for my car to start positions in ETH, ADA, and XLM.

Reactions: YNWA14

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just need her to hold and wait. Now would be the perfect time to buy ETH yourself. Probably be up 15-20% in a week. I wish I had the $5,500 in the bank that I used on the down payment for my car to start positions in ETH, ADA, and XLM.
I mean that's part of my thinking right now but I don't really have money to burn at the moment. I mean I have student loan residual but I'm paying that back in and focusing on eliminating that debt as soon as the interest rate freeze lifts. I'm not in a great position to be gambling with my finances. I know Ether is one of the safest bets there is right now but the cost of entry is still too high for me atm.

And it was/is for her too. She works side hustles to be able to afford her mortgage every month and be able to put in a bit in rainy day savings. I expect it to go back up but I think she's leaning towards getting out. Then again I don't think she was holding on til it hit 15k. Think she was just trying to make a few grand in profit

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
The volumes and prices we're seeing are higher but the market is proving it hasn't changed that much.

People can blame China all they want, but look at the panicked exits news like that causes. Far too volatile.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This was all prepared IMO. Looks WAY too obvious too. Whales getting their profits from people that panicked.
Good thing I was not in a hurry and was planning long term.

Reactions: S E P H

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This was inevitable and also why you should always take profit on the way up, especially in crypto. The fallout can be swift and severe. I said this over and over in 2017 and the same holds true today...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
My SO invested a sizable chunk into Ethereum. She woke up pretty furious this morning. And I'm sitting here thinking this is why I never dipped my toes into crypto in the first place.
She'll have the last laugh when it goes back up.

This is very normal. Even with this huge "crash" Ether is only at a 17 day low.

Smart SO you have there, definitely a keeper!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
She'll have the last laugh when it goes back up.

This is very normal. Even with this huge "crash" Ether is only at a 17 day low.

Smart SO you have there, definitely a keeper!
I mean I wouldn't go that far. She sold this morning and somehow accidentally bought her entire stake back by misclicking something in the app.

She's a keeper but we're both pretty much crypto newbs with me unwilling to dip my toe in so far but keeping an eye on things and researching here and there.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I mean I wouldn't go that far. She sold this morning and somehow accidentally bought her entire stake back by misclicking something in the app.

She's a keeper but we're both pretty much crypto newbs with me unwilling to dip my toe in so far but keeping an eye on things and researching here and there.
Haha that was definitely fate to make her re-click and buy it back! I definitely would not sell at this low! She will absolutely regret it in a few days/weeks.

But this is a great time to get some fantastic deals.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Haha that was definitely fate to make her re-click and buy it back! I definitely would not sell at this low! She will absolutely regret it in a few days/weeks.

But this is a great time to get some fantastic deals.
Hope you're right for her sake. Like I said. I don't really have a lot of capital to be staking in investments of any kind, much less one that's crashing at the moment.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah 2017 was a good lesson. I haven't lost any money on Crypto but I definitely could have taken a bunch of profit but as a first time investor it's hard to take out when you're making a bunch every day with no end in sight.

For those new to the space you only lose if you sell at a loss. This has happened many times before and way worse than this current correction. Most likely it bounces back over time.

If you never invest more than you're willing to see go to 0 you should always end up profiting in crypto atm as long as it's not in a shady shit coin.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Bought 12 coins at 4k. Woke up one morning to see half my investment gone. It’s climbed back up to the 2.7k per coin range but I doubt I see my initial investment back anytime soon.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Bought 12 coins at 4k. Woke up one morning to see half my investment gone. It’s climbed back up to the 2.7k per coin range but I doubt I see my initial investment back anytime soon.
You didnt lose anything unless you sold.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I wouldn’t worry guys. ETH and btc will bounce back up without fail. Give it time, no need to panic

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Some gamblers in here.

Yes, the market can be irrational, yes shit projects can pump greater than projects with fundamentals and real utility, yes it’s a market that can be swayed by a single tweet of an egomaniac…but if people are waking up mad because their portfolio dumped and selling because their emotional, they’re not investing; they’re just gambling money that they clearly can’t lose.

That’s ok, I was the same way back in 2017/2018. I made profit, but if I just held, I’d be sitting pretty and be a cycle ahead of where I am now.

I think if you’re new to crypto, you need to cut your teeth on a cycle, learn what projects to invest in during a bear market, and actually understand what the hell you’re into other than seeing numbers on the screen go up and down.

Because if you don’t understand why if everything goes right for something like Theta and TFuel for instance you’re golden, you’re never going to be able to hold anything when the going gets tough, let alone buy further in.

People always say that they wish they could have bought BTC or anything at low prices because they would be rich. No, the vast majority wouldn’t and we’re seeing it over the last week in particular.

Weak hands getting shaken out. No shame in that; I think most of us were there at one point. Learn something and come back again locked and loaded for 2025.

You want to graduate to the point where all the FUD lately excites you because you can buy all your favorites at a temporary steep discounts.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It still irks me to see how much people peddle Doge despite it being a shitcoin that doesn't even try to hide the fact that it's a shitcoin. I've had a few people text me because they know I've been into crypto for a while and tell me they got some Doge and I try to explain to them why it's a horrible investment but they get excited seeing the pumps.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
It still irks me to see how much people peddle Doge despite it being a shitcoin that doesn't even try to hide the fact that it's a shitcoin. I've had a few people text me because they know I've been into crypto for a while and tell me they got some Doge and I try to explain to them why it's a horrible investment but they get excited seeing the pumps.

I am not going to lie, lately, I've been thinking about getting Doge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad