Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Continue discussion of Bitcoin and alts here.

If you are interested in learning more about the importance of Bitcoin, I recommend checking out the videos of Andreas Antonopoulos. Here is a Bitcoin primer from him.

His more in-depth videos are fascinating to me.

The best site for people newly interested in Bitcoin is Bitcoin.org

Do not go to Bitcoin.com or follow @Bitcoin if you are interested in Bitcoin, they are pushing an alt called Bitcoin Cash in an attempt to steal the Bitcoin brand. Bitcoin Cash is not Bitcoin.

This is the state of the top 10 coins at the time of this thread creation.

S4PRu.jpg

It's been a really good week in crypto. As I said in the other thread right before SniperHF kindly asked for a new one, Bitcoin has gone up ~2k since my daughter was born last week, I believe she was blessed by Satoshi. Her inheritance (temporarily) growing...

Last edited:
Reactions: SniperHF

void

Jan 5, 2006
Keep an eye on VET trading on Binance which opens at 12am est. They did a token split of 1:100 and you can also start generating VTHO (their version of gas) in their wallet. Generation rate is 0.000432 VTHO per VET per day. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes on a nice little run.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
As someone who first bought bitcoin....8 days ago should i focus on putting everything into it until i have one coin or should i balance it with etherum?

Want to have one full bitcoin and 10 etherums.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Keep an eye on VET trading on Binance which opens at 12am est. They did a token split of 1:100 and you can also start generating VTHO (their version of gas) in their wallet. Generation rate is 0.000432 VTHO per VET per day. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes on a nice little run.
VET as in VeChain?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Apparently the deadline date for the ETF decision was delayed to Sept 21st

On Tuesday, the Federal Register published a notice from the US Securities and An online marketplace which facilitates the exchange of crypto or fiat currencies based on the market exchange rate.
">Exchange Commission (SEC) dated July 18, 2018. The agency has postponed by 60 days its decision about a proposed rule change that might allow NYSE Arca to list and trade exchange-traded funds (ETFs) linked to the price of A type of cryptocurrency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds, operating independently of a central bank. This term may also be used to reference either the network, protocol, or actual cryptocurrency.">bitcoin. The SEC "shall either approve or disapprove the proposed rule change" by September 21, 2018.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
As someone who first bought bitcoin....8 days ago should i focus on putting everything into it until i have one coin or should i balance it with etherum?

Want to have one full bitcoin and 10 etherums.

Usually the pattern is when Bitcoin goes up the value of other coins go down. When Bitcoin stabilizes the money then flows into other coins.

VET as in VeChain?

Yes.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Usually the pattern is when Bitcoin goes up the value of other coins go down. When Bitcoin stabilizes the money then flows into other coins.

Yes.

This is incorrect.

More often than not when Bitcoin is going up, everything is going up aside from a small handful of times where your theory is correct.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
When bitcoin goes up, most alts stay or go down. Everyone sells those to ride the wave. It's been like that basically since ethereum led the alt renaissance

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
When bitcoin goes up, most alts stay or go down. Everyone sells those to ride the wave. It's been like that basically since ethereum led the alt renaissance

Once again this is incorrect. The the Alts and bitcoin normally go hand and hand.

sdfsdsdf.jpg

This is just ether, i'm not going to post every single alt coin but most of them have almost the exact same pattern.

Of course there are always a couple exceptions.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Cool, now pick a spot and zoom in. Compare November 2017, for example. There are several more instances where one is more delayed.

The differences are over the course of days, not the long haul. Most things are still tied to the price of bitcoin based on the lack of trading pairs, but when that starts running, the alts lag behind or see a modest dip as everyone rushes to what's booming. Your chart shows this.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Cool, now pick a spot and zoom in. Compare November 2017, for example. There are several more instances where one is more delayed.

The differences are over the course of days, not the long haul. Most things are still tied to the price of bitcoin based on the lack of trading pairs, but when that starts running, the alts lag behind or see a modest dip as everyone rushes to what's booming. Your chart shows this.
What does it matter if it's delayed by a few days or a week? The fact is that is follows almost an identical pattern as bitcoin.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Except when it doesn't, which is often. I didn't say it "mattered", I said that's what's happening. When bitcoin runs, the alts stay as is or decline in the short term. If you're strictly holding, it doesn't matter because when bitcoin reaches the end of its run, that money filters to the alts. What @phisherman said is correct. You just chose to ignore the second part of their post for some reason.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Except when it doesn't, which is often. I didn't say it "mattered", I said that's what's happening. When bitcoin runs, the alts stay as is or decline in the short term. If you're strictly holding, it doesn't matter because when bitcoin reaches the end of its run, that money filters to the alts. What @phisherman said is correct. You just chose to ignore the second part of their post for some reason.

No you got called out on your incorrect comments and now you have to try and back paddle to justify it. You're the one guy i would recommend nobody here take advice from...

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
No you got called out on your incorrect comments and now you have to try and back paddle to justify it. You're the one guy i would recommend nobody here take advice from...

Lol what the f*** are you talking about? Your own chart shows exactly what the post you replied to stated. Just take the L and move on. You don't have to be right all the time or invent things to argue about.

And when have I given advice? I've barely posted in this thread in the last year, and I almost never give advice. But you're one to talk, MAGA boy, who lied about how much they made off ethereum for internet cool points or some shit.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lol what the **** are you talking about? Your own chart shows exactly what the post you replied to stated. Just take the L and move on. You don't have to be right all the time or invent things to argue about.

And when have I given advice? I've barely posted in this thread in the last year, and I almost never give advice. But you're one to talk, MAGA boy, who lied about how much they made off ethereum for internet cool points or some ****.

Yes and we thank you for that.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I'm with What the Faulk on this one. The alts usually tend to lag behind Bitcoin and respond to how it's doing. The profits from Bitcoin generally flow into the altcoins after it has made its run. Of course there are always exceptions.

It's hardly something to start bickering over guys. Calm down :laugh:

Reactions: What the Faulk

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm with What the Faulk on this one. The alts usually tend to lag behind Bitcoin and respond to how it's doing. The profits from Bitcoin generally flow into the altcoins after it has made its run. Of course there are always exceptions.

It's hardly something to start bickering over guys. Calm down :laugh:
That's exactly what I said. Alts follow suit to whatever bitcoin does. He is saying they the alts go down

void

Jan 5, 2006
VET as in VeChain?

Yep, Vechain. Binance announced a VTHO airdrop for anyone holding VET by August 1st. Price is up 25% because of it.

Vechain's up to some really big things in the next few months from what I've been told by people in the know. Their OceanEx and Cahrenheit (created by Joe Lee, the founder of Kuaidi - the Uber of China) icos are going to be absolute behemoths.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
That's exactly what I said. Alts follow suit to whatever bitcoin does. He is saying they the alts go down

They do. A lot of money from the alts flows into bitcoin. That's why bitcoin dominance tends to increase.

Then the profits flow back into the alts. The flow of funds follows the market sentiment. There are always exceptions but that's the general rule of thumb.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They do. A lot of money from the alts flows into bitcoin. That's why bitcoin dominance tends to increase.

Then the profits flow back into the alts. The flow of funds follows the market sentiment. There are always exceptions but that's the general rule of thumb.
Gotcha. Well I disagree then. Bitcoin went up over the last week and the alts all went up as well. I didnt see much going down aside from a handful. That's how it usually goes. And when bitcoin goes down, everything follows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->