Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Almost $3300, wow. It was at ~$1900 just a few scant months ago when I started dca'ing. Wish I would have done larger amounts but congrats to the long term holders!

My hope is that something I got in on while actually cheap (VET) will behave like this some year.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
After a few days of stagnation ETH hit a new ATH today.

Odds it flips Bitcoin in a few years?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I could use some advice...
I'm new to this thing. I invested around 2 months ago. I bought some BTC and some ETH. At first everytime I could get some money above my investment, I took the money. It secured me thinking that as soon as I'd get my investment back, I'd be more at ease. I got roughly 1/6th of my investment back already.
I have decided three weeks ago to hold. BTC got down, and obviously ETH got up. I can right now take 25% of my ETH investment, but obviously, I'm very cautious of selling too early.
Should I pick up those 25% above my investment? I don't need the money right now, so should I transform those ETH in BTC, expecting it will rise up again?
Today I put some of my BTC into ADA because I felt ADA was rising, which turned out true.
But again, I read a lot of different sources saying BTC will rise up this week, so maybe it was a bad move.

Do you guys take your benefits or do you hold in any case? And that benefit goes to which crypto (oy maybe you just take the money)?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Anyone have any insight into RLC? Bought $500 worth last night at around $6 a coin and it’s up 240% today.

Is the potential there or is this just a pump from being added for purchase on Coinbase?

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Anyone know how to withdraw from crypto.com in Canada? I've sat on ETH and BTC for about a year now. Bought ETH when it was super low, checked the app out of curiosity and I made decent gains.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Anyone know how to withdraw from crypto.com in Canada? I've sat on ETH and BTC for about a year now. Bought ETH when it was super low, checked the app out of curiosity and I made decent gains.

If you bought when super low you've made more then just decent gains lol.

ETH hit 5k CAD briefly now...let's go at least 10k by July 14 (lol)

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
If you bought when super low you've made more then just decent gains lol.

ETH hit 5k CAD briefly now...let's go at least 10k by July 14 (lol)
Ya man I bought when it was around 200-400. Sat on it for a while. Also forgot about the app Just withdrew around 2.5k (but that was a whole crap show process in itself)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What is the significance of July 14th? I have seen that date in a couple of places.
EIP 1559 hits the blockchain, which is basically an upgrade that will decrease fees and lower the Ether supply over time:

EIP 1559 flips a typical blockchain transaction on its head in order to fix numerous issues with Ethereum’s user experience. Traditionally, a user sends a gas fee to a miner for a transaction to be included in a block. That gas fee will now be sent to the network itself as a sort of “burn” called basefee with only an optional tip paid to miners. The burnt fee is algorithmically set as well, ostensibly making it easier for users to pay a fair fee.

Ethereum London Upgrade with EIP-1559 Set to Be Released on July 14th

Reactions: BrokenFace

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Bit of a bloody day today, hopefully just a hiccup.

Thinking about diversifying a bit though

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Should I pick up those 25% above my investment? I don't need the money right now, so should I transform those ETH in BTC, expecting it will rise up again?
Being in BTC is a bad move ever since mid-March whether you are holding or trading because Bitcoin-dominance is plummeting hard and you'll be missing gains on the bluechip alt coins such as XRP, LINK, ADA, LTC, BCH, and THETA to name a few potential good ones. You should be holding these regardless because their cycle will end towards the end of this year most likely surpassing Bitcoin's ROI. I don't know what your tax law is in France, but I would be conscious about that and stay away from hype-coins because they'll trap you as nobody really knows when to sell at the most appropriate time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I do have some ADAs and XRPs, but not many.
My question is more if I should take some profit now and then or hold long terms since I don't really need the profit money right now. And if I hold, what should I target? I have roughly 50% of my wallet in ETH and 50% in BTC, and very little in ADA and XRP.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I do have some ADAs and XRPs, but not many.
My question is more if I should take some profit now and then or hold long terms since I don't really need the profit money right now. And if I hold, what should I target? I have roughly 50% of my wallet in ETH and 50% in BTC, and very little in ADA and XRP.

There is never a right answer to that question. I recently have taken a large amount of profit but that is just me.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Being in BTC is a bad move ever since mid-March whether you are holding or trading because Bitcoin-dominance is plummeting hard and you'll be missing gains on the bluechip alt coins such as XRP, LINK, ADA, LTC, BCH, and THETA to name a few potential good ones. You should be holding these regardless because their cycle will end towards the end of this year most likely surpassing Bitcoin's ROI. I don't know what your tax law is in France, but I would be conscious about that and stay away from hype-coins because they'll trap you as nobody really knows when to sell at the most appropriate time.
You mean Ether ;) that is where his money should have been in. Could have almost tripled his money if he bought eth in early March. And ether still has the highest potential and likelihood to hit it out all of the alts you named.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad