Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yes it is "old" but not very old and the article expands on what is known. Get off your high horse.
Lol what? High horse? Maybe you should take a look in the mirror big guy.

It's an old article about a shady exchange, don't get all butt hurt because someone called you out for posting old news.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Crypto crashing

WHAT DID YOU DO ELON
I've been in crypto in the last five years and I've seen crashes and I've also seen momentum gains. It is a bit of gamble to know when to sell, but honestly mate with some exchanges allowing debit cards for crypto this might be the way to go into the future. My cousin invested a large amount in xrp at 40 cents and now it's a buck (last time I chequed), which has lead to him to buy everything with his card.

Why blame Elon Musk? Crypto is gambling money.
Crypto is obviously more volatile than stocks, but to say that it's a gamble is a bogus statement Jeffrey IMHO. I argue it's more of a risk and sometimes you get big payoffs as the bloke who was able to buy his new SUV did. It's about understanding the coins and investing into projects that you think will be worth it in the end. For example, Theta was like 10 cents for a very long time and now it's 6-ish bucks (staying quite consistent). Remember all we need is people to believe in it and you should be okay, again I've seen crypto insanely low and I've seen it insanely high and at this point I am not sure it will ever get to losses in the long-run. The bigger priority is knowing when to buy and sell, but whenever you see crypto go low that's the sign you want to put more in because it can reach 40% profit in three days or so.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It still irks me to see how much people peddle Doge despite it being a shitcoin that doesn't even try to hide the fact that it's a shitcoin. I've had a few people text me because they know I've been into crypto for a while and tell me they got some Doge and I try to explain to them why it's a horrible investment but they get excited seeing the pumps.

I would argue that most crypto investments are risky, but that's the point. Shit coin or not, if you have a coin that survives for a while with enough momentum, hype, and crowd behind it, it's bound to make people money at some point. The idea is whatever you buy, just set it and forget it until that one crazy day arrives where the entire market surges. Whether you invested in "legit" cryptos like Bitcoin and Ethereum or shit coins like Doge, just remember to buy when the market is hurting and sell when it's on a high wave. The real problem is a lot of people are impatient and when they see dips in the market, they panic and sell.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would argue that most crypto investments are risky, but that's the point. Shit coin or not, if you have a coin that survives for a while with enough momentum, hype, and crowd behind it, it's bound to make people money at some point. The idea is whatever you buy, just set it and forget it until that one crazy day arrives where the entire market surges. Whether you invested in "legit" cryptos like Bitcoin and Ethereum or shit coins like Doge, just remember to buy when the market is hurting and sell when it's on a high wave. The real problem is a lot of people are impatient and when they see dips in the market, they panic and sell.
I agree to an extent, but at the end of the day crypto wasn't just invented to be a pump and dump game. There is an end-goal for a lot of the projects in that space, and Dogecoin's literal end goal is to become shit.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I agree to an extent, but at the end of the day crypto wasn't just invented to be a pump and dump game. There is an end-goal for a lot of the projects in that space, and Dogecoin's literal end goal is to become shit.

The blockchain tech is the useful bit, not the cryptocurrency. Right now it's just a fair game for everyone to take advantage and make money. When things get regulated (and they will) I expect 99.9% of these coins/tokens to be wiped out, and the ones that survive and become used regularly will lose value in time since they become like regular currency that ppl have to work for.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The blockchain tech is the useful bit, not the cryptocurrency. Right now it's just a fair game for everyone to take advantage and make money. When things get regulated (and they will) I expect 99.9% of these coins/tokens to be wiped out, and the ones that survive and become used regularly will lose value in time since they become like regular currency that ppl have to work for.
I think what holds value and sides with cryptocurrency is that it's decentralised and investees like that.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Anyone with any input into Stellar? It’s fairly cheap right now and I’ve heard/read good things so far. Wouldn’t mind adding it to the collection of coins so far.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
RDT_20210530_0731363954023006331661374.png

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m really new at it and just bought the drops after reading and learning crypto and trusted exchanges and terminology etc. More to learn every day. Volatile as hell. Do your homework before jumping in to this thing. So much to learn for beginners.

i like it

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Anyone with any input into Stellar? It’s fairly cheap right now and I’ve heard/read good things so far. Wouldn’t mind adding it to the collection of coins so far.
I traded it a couple times on Newton Canada to load my Binance account because it carries low fees ( zero) to move from Newton. I haven’t kept it actually yet. It was up a few days ago but dropped with everything else. I’m only a couple weeks in to crypto. Research it before you jump is my thinking on it.

Reactions: mouz135

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think it could be sooner than you think...by the summer.
I just bought the dip. Brand new at this. It’s looking like ETH is a big ticket i just got at bargain basement. :)

Probably be seeing me around here in this thread. Crypto looks more promising than my leafs, less volatile too. Lol

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I bought a stack of Shiba inu tokens ha.

Any other shibarmy in here?

Haven’t checked it today yet. Bought for the long haul with no intention of selling.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I’m really new at it and just bought the drops after reading and learning crypto and trusted exchanges and terminology etc. More to learn every day. Volatile as hell. Do your homework before jumping in to this thing. So much to learn for beginners.

i like it

I live by the following rules with crypto investments:

- Never buy with money you can't afford to lose and any money you spend, be okay with losing it.
- Buy low when the market is crashing and everyone is crying and sell when it's high. Timing things is the tricky part but at that point you're cruising on gut feelings.
- Learn to hold long term, keep your emotions aside, be ready to sell if/when things spike up, and most importantly don't look back on the what ifs.
- Don't obsess with crypto news.
- I don't have a problem joining the communities for these coins, but watch out for scammers and don't get too involved.
- Probably best to take your coins that you want to hold out of the exchange and into a private wallet.
- Don't trade in shady exchange markets.

I bought a stack of Shiba inu tokens ha.

Any other shibarmy in here?

Haven’t checked it today yet. Bought for the long haul with no intention of selling.

It's a shitcoin, then again people make money on shitcoins so you never know. I bought some Shiba too but if I'm being honest, I feel like the creators made it as a scam but did not expect a huge community to form around it. So now they're trying to make something out of it and apparently they have a product called ShibaSwap which is supposed to be an exchange platform similar to the likes of UniSwap, PancakeSwap, etc.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

- Never buy with money you can't afford to lose and any money you spend, be okay with losing it.
- Buy low when the market is crashing and everyone is crying and sell when it's high. Timing things is the tricky part but at that point you're cruising on gut feelings.
- Learn to hold long term, keep your emotions aside, be ready to sell if/when things spike up, and most importantly don't look back on the what ifs.
- I don't have a problem joining the communities for these coins, but watch out for scammers and don't get too involved.
- Probably best to take your coins that you want to hold out of the exchange and into a private wallet.

It's a shitcoin, then again people make money on shitcoins so you never know. I bought some Shiba too but if I'm being honest, I feel like the creators made it as a scam but did not expect a huge community to form around it. So now they're trying to make something out of it and apparently they have a product called ShibaSwap which is supposed to be an exchange platform similar to the likes of UniSwap, PancakeSwap, etc.

Thanks bro appreciate all the tips i get. Yours are all perfect i think. I started with a thou little over a week ago and have 2 thou assets now. Some luck and some paying attention in there. I bought some Ether couple days back when it dipped. Just a bit over half a token. Its going up like a shot and I’m keeping it regardless. Now I’ll work on the fringes with modest budget building to buy more Ether. I have done well jumping on the dogecoin flows ( shitcoin) as you say :)

My shib is up since i bought and i continue to buy it $40 at a time. Doing well on it. The community is huge but it has been really stable for over a week.
Shibaswap seems to be the hype but I couldn’t give a sh!T personally. I think it has stay power. Really fun but learning. Thanks for the tips champ

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Just a note on the shibaswap. The developers aren’t getting a pay until the swap is a go. Then they get a pay in % off of the fees. Glad they aren’t rushing it.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
This some clownery shit right here.

I asked for a visa crypto debit card from Crypto.com in February. I received the notification it was shipped sometime in February. I have yet to receive the card. I contacted them by email. They asked me to confirm my address and to provide a proof address to start an investigation. I provided the info like I did the first time I setup up the account.

I receive an email asking me to pay a 10$ fee. I ask "A fee for what exactly?" The customer service agent replied, " It's a fee for re-issuing the card". I am trying to explain I never received the card. It's been some back and forth.

10$ or not, I am sorry, but paying a "re-issuing" fee for something I never received is quite ridiculous. I should charge a fee for this!

I should be getting my Helium miner at the end of the month. I am going to need a debit card. Does anyone know another exchange that has a debit card?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

I don’t have a like button but thanks for tips. Appreciate it. Hope you get wealthy off of it. I’ll settle for beer money ha

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This some clownery shit right here.

I asked for a visa crypto debit card from Crypto.com in February. I received the notification it was shipped sometime in February. I have yet to receive the card. I contacted them by email. They asked me to confirm my address and to provide a proof address to start an investigation. I provided the info like I did the first time I setup up the account.

I receive an email asking me to pay a 10$ fee. I ask "A fee for what exactly?" The customer service agent replied, " It's a fee for re-issuing the card". I am trying to explain I never received the card. It's been some back and forth.

10$ or not, I am sorry, but paying a "re-issuing" fee for something I never received is quite ridiculous. I should charge a fee for this!

I should be getting my Helium miner at the end of the month. I am going to need a debit card. Does anyone know another exchange that has a debit card?
I just got in to crypto and the reviews on them b@stards makes me that I can’t stand to see their name. Holding peoples money and everything when they want to cash out. Court cases against them to get their hard earned money etc.
Get rid of them maybe

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I just got in to crypto and the reviews on them b@stards makes me that I can’t stand to see their name. Holding peoples money and everything when they want to cash out. Court cases against them to get their hard earned money etc.
Get rid of them maybe

I got into Crypto around January.

That I didn't know about.

I reached out to support on Twitter. Someone reached out to me. It's been back forth with different people. The proposed solution is to activate the virtual card(most places don't take) and to wait longer. I asked "How much longer do I have to wait?" I was told " there's nothing we can do to speed up the process"

What a great solution!!

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->