Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Don't feel bad I was told the same when it was a fraction of a penny. I got in around 4 cents which I'm happy about tho.

Was also ready to throw $1000 in towards ADA back when it was 40 cents. But I’m learning not to let FOMO dictate my investing. It’s already cost me too much money

Reactions: ibleedkings

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
What’s the best altcoin to buy right now do you guys think?

And is Ethereum gonna take a price dip after this massive run or will it hold?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I bought $100 of DogeCoin back in January when it was less than a penny. At what point during this pump is it a good idea to dump?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I bought $100 of DogeCoin back in January when it was less than a penny. At what point during this pump is it a good idea to dump?
Timing a market peak is nearly impossible. If you are every considering cashing out an investment but are unsure, I go with the 50% strategy. By selling half, you are now capitalizing on a fantastic return while shielding yourself against the unpredictability of crypto markets. By retaining half, you still leave yourself tremendous upside should the coin continue to run.

My own personal belief, much like I said shortly after New Years in 2018, is that we are in the mania stage. Much like the mania we experienced then. Markets tend to have a severe pull back when mania hits. But this is crypto, so another market 2x from here is also entirely plausible.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What’s the best altcoin to buy right now do you guys think?

And is Ethereum gonna take a price dip after this massive run or will it hold?

It is a tough pick out of 9,000+. I could give you a better answer if I knew what particular sector of crypto interested you. If you are looking for a possible NFT gem, I would look at ARTEON. If you want to enter the DeFi space... a staking return coin where you get paid liquid wBTC for staking your tokens, I'd look at Axion (I earned $2,500 last month in wBTC just from my stakes). If you want to look at a DEX that will attempt to use its own chain to parallel ETH trading and essentially allow you to trade ERC-20 tokens with near zero fees instead of paying $50+ per trade on UniSwap, I'd look at SwapDex. A lot of these are small/micro cap tokens. A bit riskier but, they each have solid teams behind them. MDX is another good exchange token.

A solidity developer I work with on a regular basis is heavily invested in GLQ, and I mean almost $500k worth. It is at 5c. He is convinced, along with a whales group he is in, that it will be a $2 token.

If you want an Escrow/Starter services token, look at TrustSwap (ETH), PolkaStarter (DOT) or Cards (ADA). They all do the same thing on their respective chains.

If you want to explore Binance Smart Chain, I'd look at Pyxis. Super undervalued gem IMO. For some higher risk/reward propositions, Knights Defi or Barrel.Finance.

I could honestly write dissertation on this stuff.

To your second question... what goes up must come down. Nothing runs forever and IMO when it comes down, it will come down hard. Just like we saw in 2018.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I cashed out. It's not going to be long before things crash the way things are going. It's nuts how many people are throwing their money at literally anything right now. Look at the state of DOGE and the "investors" on social media just now.

This has January 2018 written all over it.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Timing a market peak is nearly impossible. If you are every considering cashing out an investment but are unsure, I go with the 50% strategy. By selling half, you are now capitalizing on a fantastic return while shielding yourself against the unpredictability of crypto markets. By retaining half, you still leave yourself tremendous upside should the coin continue to run.

My own personal belief, much like I said shortly after New Years in 2018, is that we are in the mania stage. Much like the mania we experienced then. Markets tend to have a severe pull back when mania hits. But this is crypto, so another market 2x from here is also entirely plausible.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For sure.

My plan is to wait and see if it goes back toward $.50, sell half, and invest that money in a legitimate crypto. Was going to buy Polkadot but it’s not available in NY so back to the drawing board.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I uh, really like Cosmos but I recommend everyone do their own research. I can't believe Ripple has pumped as much as it has.

I have 50/50 split in Eth and Cosmos. Hoping to get some more in during this small lull.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
While I was sitting around the firepit with my family last night, quite a number of coins crashed a good 10-20% very quickly including BTC. I supposed BTC leads the way when this happens but wonder why it fell to 51K like that. Should have set an alert so I could get some more at the bottom.

Poor ALGO, hit its best high this year at almost $1.80 and a few hours later it was back in the $1.20's.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I uh, really like Cosmos but I recommend everyone do their own research. I can't believe Ripple has pumped as much as it has.

I have 50/50 split in Eth and Cosmos. Hoping to get some more in during this small lull.

What do you like about Cosmos?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I cashed out. It's not going to be long before things crash the way things are going. It's nuts how many people are throwing their money at literally anything right now. Look at the state of DOGE and the "investors" on social media just now.

This has January 2018 written all over it.

Things are much different than they were in 2018. There will absolutely be corrections, like we are in now, but prices aren't going to crash down to Ether in the 100s and Bitcoin under 15K again.

Of course I'm speaking of safe projects like those, shit coins like DOGE will eventually come crashing down as they should, and I don't feel bad for those investors who did no research.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Things are much different than they were in 2018. There will absolutely be corrections, like we are in now, but prices aren't going to crash down to Ether in the 100s and Bitcoin under 15K again.

Of course I'm speaking of safe projects like those, shit coins like DOGE will eventually come crashing down as they should, and I don't feel bad for those investors who did no research.
While I do agree on ETH and BTC, a 30-40% retrace from current prices isn't out of the question either. But again, this is crypto so a 2-3x is also just as likely :laugh:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If you are looking for a DOGE/SHIBA like meme coin to run with, HUSKY and PIKA. Absolute degen gambles but...
I would also recommend Safemoon. It’s getting massive hype. A few co-workers were talking about it and getting in so i said f*** it and threw $1,000 into it a few days ago...i’m now up up $8,000!! It’s insane the cult following that coin is getting over the last couple weeks.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I would also recommend Safemoon. It’s getting massive hype. A few co-workers were talking about it and getting in so i said f*** it and threw $1,000 into it a few days ago...i’m now up up $8,000!! It’s insane the cult following that coin is getting over the last couple weeks.
Yeah.. I've known about safemoon for a while and just never got in. :(

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

What are your thoughts on bittorrent token? Ive read a lot of positives but not sure if its worth it.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Is there any way to get Safemoon without having to buy BNB or BSC and using pancakeswap? I have some Dogecoin money I can f*** around with

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Is there any way to get Safemoon without having to buy BNB or BSC and using pancakeswap? I have some Dogecoin money I can f*** around with

Unfortunately no. If it is traded on BSC, you will need to have BNB to make the trade and have your metamask connected to BSC to be able to trade through pancake swap.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Unfortunately no. If it is traded on BSC, you will need to have BNB to make the trade and have your metamask connected to BSC to be able to trade through pancake swap.
I figured as much.

What are everyone’s thoughts? Too late to get in? Or still time to buy some and benefit from a pump?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad