Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
WA is one of those states where our exchange choices are a bit more limited. I grabbed up some ADA at Bittrex a month or so ago, glad it will be easier going forward.
Am new at this and don't enjoy all the swapping around you do with a trading interface very much.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
DSLA already made me 25x since I got airdropped some in early February and they probably have another 5-10x in them with their Mainnet launch on March 13. Along with SOAR probably the most interesting smal cap I've found though SOAR only went up 8x.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Thanks to Grayscale my $LINK is finally moving. I still believe it is the most undervalued in asset the crypto space. Of course, I was also celebrating the $ADA rocket yesterday with you all.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
WA is one of those states where our exchange choices are a bit more limited. I grabbed up some ADA at Bittrex a month or so ago, glad it will be easier going forward.
Am new at this and don't enjoy all the swapping around you do with a trading interface very much.

Voyager also supports ADA and other less easy to find assets in Washington for future reference (I live in Seattle.) Voyager is a nice little app.

Reactions: sigma six

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Does anyone know if you actually own the coin/crypto on Coinsmart? Or do I just own paper. I’m reading around and hearing holding paper versions of the coin is useless and now I’m confused.

with that said what’s the best app to use for buying/selling and owning the coin in Canada?

Answered in other forum

You can withdraw and send it to your wallet.

Ndax is my better option. Higher fee to withdraw. However no deposit fee and the price is more accurate.

You could sell ada at 1.71 while coinsmart was at 1.66

As holding I'm using blockfi. It's a small amount

Reactions: xtra

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I have roughly 8 eth and was up over a months salary yesterday...wanted to buy a new laptop and tv but wonder how much the gas would be.

What do you guys think about this ethernity chain?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I have roughly 8 eth and was up over a months salary yesterday...wanted to buy a new laptop and tv but wonder how much the gas would be.

What do you guys think about this ethernity chain?
The gas to get it from your wallet to an exchange shouldn't be more than a few dollars. It is making trades on a decentralized exchange like Uniswap that are the real killer.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Im not entirely crypto savvy but constantly learning. I noticed ETH is doing staking for ETH2 w/7.5 apr and there is a wait list. I know the money that you stake you cannot convert it or sell it at least from coinbase until sometime in the future, but what this whole thing about in layman's terms?

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Im not entirely crypto savvy but constantly learning. I noticed ETH is doing staking for ETH2 w/7.5 apr and there is a wait list. I know the money that you stake you cannot convert it or sell it at least from coinbase until sometime in the future, but what this whole thing about in layman's terms?
Basically you are staking your Eth for the greater good of the project, which is upgrading the blockchain to ETH 2.0. So you are essentially letting the project use your ether. The negative is you won't be able to touch that Ether until the upgrade is complete which is probably 1-2 years. The pro is you are making 7.5% (that number is not set in stone) in interest.

It's a little more complicated than that but that's the gist.

Reactions: Unspecified

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Basically you are staking your Eth for the greater good of the project, which is upgrading the blockchain to ETH 2.0. So you are essentially letting the project use your ether. The negative is you won't be able to touch that Ether until the upgrade is complete which is probably 1-2 years. The pro is you are making 7.5% (that number is not set in stone) in interest.

It's a little more complicated than that but that's the gist.
Does it stake me in at the price of ETH at the time I offer the stake amount?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Someone at my job tried to get me into it, I had no interest having something unknown downloaded into my phone however to mine. Who knows how much that thing can access into your phone.

I downloaded it and I am mining (for more than a year and a half I would say) precisely because they recommended it to me at work. If they weren't authoritative people on the subject I would never have downloaded it.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad