Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think bitcoins going to fall further but to call it “nuts” to be bullish right now is foolish. The FED is printing money like we’ve never seen and bitcoin was created for moments like these. I say we see an initial crash as people sell things for cash but after that I think it’s heading to the sky
I called it nuts before todays revolutions. Still think it tanks hard soon before skying again.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I can't believe I lost the like function from saying BTC is god and I'm bullish

I get my share of infractions, but this ain't it

Which one of you did this! I'll forgive you

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Get in Ether before 2.0 arrives around the summer! People already loading up :)

Ether will be overtaking Bitcoin before you know it :D

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
5800 -> 7800
Since you and I both last spoke in the thread, where i said it would be a great time to get into crypto, most went up 100%...wonder how many took our advice :)

edit - though for some reason i said it would be crazy to be bull on anything..yikes i was wrong there haha

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Lmao same, especially lately now that they “anonymously” infract :rolleyes:

they became anonymous because people were sending nasty DMs to those who issued the infraction not realising that 99% of the time an infraction is issued after someone reported a post. In may case I had someone going around reporting every post I did for about 3 days

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Bitcoin was born out of the last financial crisis.

Now 11 years later,

-The Fed continues to print money without a care for the long-term consequences
-The stock market continues to get further divorced from the economic realities and earnings
-The entire system continues to accumulate more debt and become further overleveraged in so many ways
-Oil prices collapsing starting to destroy the currencies of countries like Lebanon and driving people to seek out other stores of value

This could be a huge moment for BTC.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Absolutely

There are a lot more reasons that I am bullish on it.

This is a complete divergence from what I believed in earlier in this thread and a few years back

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What a day! Ether and Bitcoin booming. Last 7 weeks have been great, it was nice to see them both break through the residence of 8K and 200 this morning.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
BTC is edging closer to $10k again.

Of course, I've probably just jinxed it

What's your longterm view on BTC?

For me I see a lot of the regular posters have left. I'm like the complete opposite in that I knew about this pre 2013 (used it a few times) and recognise block chain as revolutionary... but "fell" for the BTC is AOL meme

Now my mindset has shifted, could be due to age and experience as I value wealth protection now

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
What's your longterm view on BTC?

For me I see a lot of the regular posters have left. I'm like the complete opposite in that I knew about this pre 2013 (used it a few times) and recognise block chain as revolutionary... but "fell" for the BTC is AOL meme

Now my mindset has shifted, could be due to age and experience as I value wealth protection now

I don't know how I feel about Bitcoin. I don't own any and I only purchase it when I'm exchanging it for something else. It doesn't scale well, it's painfully slow, and it's expensive. I can certainly see the appeal as a store of value right now, but as for the long term picture I have no idea. This space is so volatile that anything could happen. I do think the impending financial crisis will result in an increase in price. By how much I'm not sure.

Most of my money is in smaller projects with a real use case around data validation, verification, security etc. I think I mentioned before during my feud with The Crypto Guy (it was pointless and petty and I feel a bit bad about it, so if he's reading this no hard feelings :laugh:) that I was heavily into Constellation Labs. They're a small team, they're not perfect or without controversy, and they have a lot to learn, but the potential of their Hypergraph mainnet is huge, in my opinion. There's real potential for commercial-scale applications. They actually partnered with MongoDB this week, which is pretty significant news for them.

The entire crypto industry is still too immature for my liking. Too many people chasing a quick pump and dump without giving any consideration to the fundamentals of a project. It definitely has some growing up to do and a lot of the deadwood needs culled. There are 5000-odd tokens listed on CoinMarketCap and only a handful are actually of any real use.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
"Paul Tudor Jones Buys Bitcoin as a Hedge against Inflation"

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Jones, who said his Tudor BVI fund may hold as much as a low single-digit percentage of its assets in Bitcoin futures, becomes one of the first big hedge fund managers to embrace what until now has largely been snubbed by the financial mainstream. He was motivated to take a hard look at Bitcoin after considering the implications of massive fiscal spending and bond-buying by central banks to combat the coronavirus pandemic, he said.

By his calculation, $3.9 trillion of money, the equivalent of 6.6% of global economic output, has been printed since February.

“It has happened globally with such speed that even a market veteran like myself was left speechless,” Jones, 65, wrote. “We are witnessing the Great Monetary Inflation -- an unprecedented expansion of every form of money unlike anything the developed world has ever seen.”

Jones first dabbled in Bitcoin in 2017, doubling his money before exiting the trade near its peak at almost $20,000. This time, he said he evaluated Bitcoin as a store of value and decided it passes the test based on four characteristics: purchasing power, trustworthiness, liquidity and portability.

“I am not a hard-money nor a crypto nut,” he wrote. “The most compelling argument for owning Bitcoin is the coming digitization of currency everywhere, accelerated by Covid-19.”

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Bitcoin halving occurs in 4 days. What will the price do. Usually the opposite than what we think. Prediction, a slight bump up, nothing much. Then over the next 12-18 months it doubles in price from current prices. Usually it kind of fits that M.O.

Ether 2.0 starts this summer as well, should be another exciting time for the crypto holders over the next 1-2 years.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I don't know how I feel about Bitcoin. I don't own any and I only purchase it when I'm exchanging it for something else. It doesn't scale well, it's painfully slow, and it's expensive. I can certainly see the appeal as a store of value right now, but as for the long term picture I have no idea. This space is so volatile that anything could happen. I do think the impending financial crisis will result in an increase in price. By how much I'm not sure.

Most of my money is in smaller projects with a real use case around data validation, verification, security etc. I think I mentioned before during my feud with The Crypto Guy (it was pointless and petty and I feel a bit bad about it, so if he's reading this no hard feelings :laugh:) that I was heavily into Constellation Labs. They're a small team, they're not perfect or without controversy, and they have a lot to learn, but the potential of their Hypergraph mainnet is huge, in my opinion. There's real potential for commercial-scale applications. They actually partnered with MongoDB this week, which is pretty significant news for them.

The entire crypto industry is still too immature for my liking. Too many people chasing a quick pump and dump without giving any consideration to the fundamentals of a project. It definitely has some growing up to do and a lot of the deadwood needs culled. There are 5000-odd tokens listed on CoinMarketCap and only a handful are actually of any real use.

Thanks for the write-up. Will look into DAG.

I hear your criticisms on BTC but I think those are extremely fair trade offs for trust and decentralisation. None of the other coins have any potential to upend the current financial system or be an alternative reserve currency. They're also not trying to. Not saying BTC will be it but it is still a possibility, no matter how slim.

So I see great upside and also relatively low risk because it's also a call option on all blockchain projects.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I called it nuts before todays revolutions. Still think it tanks hard soon before skying again.

The majority of crypto bulls strongly agree with that lol. this halving event could be different. but a post-halving dump followed by accumulation period followed by slower, higher reaching ATH is the consensus amongst many of the most bullish hodlers.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Bitcoin halving occurs in 4 days. What will the price do. Usually the opposite than what we think. Prediction, a slight bump up, nothing much. Then over the next 12-18 months it doubles in price from current prices. Usually it kind of fits that M.O.

Ether 2.0 starts this summer as well, should be another exciting time for the crypto holders over the next 1-2 years.

If I had to pick 3 cryptos, in order, they would be BTC, ETH, XLM.

XRP has SO much going for it, but at the same time, some things about it/ripple make me want to bang my head against a wall. I still have it narrowly behind XLM, though.

I'm very stoked to see what 2022 looks like in the crypto space.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Funny, what is happening now is again aligning (like it has before) with what whatthefaulk and phisherman were saying on page 1 of this thread. BTC dominance increases, alt coins value to btc tanks, even if their dollar value increases, as people dump alts to try to latch onto a growing btc. This is a bullish indicator for alts, you just need to give it time. When people swap over, keep hodling what you have, and accumulate more alt. No offense to crypto guy, but exactly what they were telling him, is exactly what we are seeing right now, again.

I clicked first page because I was curious about this thread, hadn't seen it before. It reads so perfectly to describe right now, but from 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad