Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Yeah things seemed to pump a bit on the PayPal news. More easy ramps to facilitate newbies buying is always good.

Bitcoins price has not been volatile at all lately. Feels like it's been in the 9000s for awhile. At some point it has to break through five figures or it will probably drop down to 8000 relatively soon.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Haven't seen an altseason like this in quite some time.

Difficult to know when to take profits. Bitcoin could spoil the party at any time.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Bitcoins price has not been volatile at all lately. Feels like it's been in the 9000s for awhile. At some point it has to break through five figures or it will probably drop down to 8000 relatively soon.

Well it definitely broke through. Touching $12k at this point.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
ETH 2.0 officially begins it’s release Dec 1. People have already begun staking...over 10M in 24 hours so far, expect that number to skyrocket by the time Dec 1st hits.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What's everyone's thoughts on ETH 2.0? Worth getting into? I only have BTC at this point.
If you mean by getting into, staking, then no unless you are pretty advanced it everything (not an insult, even I wouldn't know the first thing about trying to create a validator to stake).

Just buy Ether, it will all turn into 2.0 in a couple years. The price has been increasing greatly the last couple months and I fully expect it will continue through the next few months. Bitcoin usually leads the way in bull runs and it sure is leading the way as of now...Ether normally follows suit.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Very exciting time for Ether...up over $100 in the last month to $455. Just the start of the bull run.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
$17k.

Just wondering when this is going to flow back into alts. We're getting closer and closer to an ATH.

Alt szn comes after a new ATH imo. But frankly I don't think it will be quite as good as 2017.

The 2017 rally was retail FOMO. This rally is more institutional acceptance. I think that type of money is less likely to speculate on alts, I think a lot of big money is getting in just wants btc as a hedge against the current monetary policy.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Alt szn comes after a new ATH imo. But frankly I don't think it will be quite as good as 2017.

The 2017 rally was retail FOMO. This rally is more institutional acceptance. I think that type of money is less likely to speculate on alts, I think a lot of big money is getting in just wants btc as a hedge against the current monetary policy.

December 2017 was crazy. It actually made me uncomfortable the rate at which absolutely everything was increasing, regardless of whether it had a genuine use case or not.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ethereum isn't worth it nowadays, it was like four months ago when it was like 110 bucks, but not now. Good on you lot who invested at this time.

XRP is pretty much the coin everyone should be investing into now.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Ethereum isn't worth it nowadays, it was like four months ago when it was like 110 bucks, but not now. Good on you lot who invested at this time.

It depends on what sort of gains you're looking for. You're not going to make 10x with Ripple, although the lower caps carry a greater risk.

As a rule I only invest in projects with a market cap <$100m. I don't put a lot of money in, so it gives me a better chance of greater rewards.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

What lol. You are out to lunch if you think ETH isn't going to be going MUCH higher than it currently is. Also screams you have done close to none, if any research.

And really? Ripple? I wouldn't recommend that to anyone to invest in and I have thousands of dollars in it from years ago.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What lol. You are out to lunch if you think ETH isn't going to be going MUCH higher than it currently is. Also screams you have done close to none, if any research.

And really? Ripple? I wouldn't recommend that to anyone to invest in and I have thousands of dollars in it from years ago.
Never emotionally buy and it seems like your entire post is emotionally driven. I love me some Ethereum, I never said it won't stop growing, but thinking you're going to make a good invest when it's already 478 bucks to me is having too much faith. I understand that it was once in the 1000 range, but hard to see it go there again as of now. If you think it can and will, then I absolutely understand why you're offended if someone disses it (which again wasn't the point of my post).

I am just basic in crypto, but my cousin is obsessed with it and has probably made more than you have. This isn't a dick measuring comment or an anti-you comment, but just saying how much he's made has been ridiculous. I argue is that to make the most off of your money, especially for a beginner like me you need to find that next Theta coin...something you can buy just a crazy amount and it can rise from 15 to 60 cents multiple times.

As a rule I only invest in projects with a market cap <$100m. I don't put a lot of money in, so it gives me a better chance of greater rewards.
Which coins would these be that you like?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Never emotionally buy and it seems like your entire post is emotionally driven. I love me some Ethereum, I never said it won't stop growing, but thinking you're going to make a good invest when it's already 478 bucks to me is having too much faith. I understand that it was once in the 1000 range, but hard to see it go there again as of now. If you think it can and will, then I absolutely understand why you're offended if someone disses it (which again wasn't the point of my post).

I am just basic in crypto, but my cousin is obsessed with it and has probably made more than you have. This isn't a dick measuring comment or an anti-you comment, but just saying how much he's made has been ridiculous. I argue is that to make the most off of your money, especially for a beginner like me you need to find that next Theta coin...something you can buy just a crazy amount and it can rise from 15 to 60 cents multiple times.

Which coins would these be that you like?
Emotionally invested? Look i'm not going to lay out all the information about Ethereum and it's MASSIVE potential that has just only started scratching the service, you can look that up yourself. You really need to do some research. I mean telling people to invest in Ripple just screams you didn't do any and only see that it's so cheap so you think you can make a lot of money if it hits a few dollars.

Oh and you know what some people said years ago when BTC was a few hundred bucks? "Oh it's so overvalued, it will never reach $1,000. Too late to get into it"

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I argue is that to make the most off of your money, especially for a beginner like me you need to find that next Theta coin...something you can buy just a crazy amount and it can rise from 15 to 60 cents multiple times.

That's also the easiest way to lose your money. The vast, vast majority of these small alt coins serve no purpose besides pump and dump plays. You can certainly get rich if you can time the market well, but that's a pretty risky play best reserved for skilled traders.

Personally I think Ripple is a scam and long-term it will be a bust. It's a pre-mined coin hoarded by the developers. It's never going to be that valuable because the creators control the tokens and unilaterally decide when to issue or sell them. I'm sure it will pump at various times and make some people money, but I definitely wouldn't consider it a long-term investment.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's also the easiest way to lose your money. The vast, vast majority of these small alt coins serve no purpose besides pump and dump plays. You can certainly get rich if you can time the market well, but that's a pretty risky play best reserved for skilled traders.
I mean that's the point no? Crypto has been so far so volatile I am not sure what's the point for a long-term invest...just look at Ethereum, it went from 1,000 and change to 180 bucks back to 500 (and it's personally my favourite coin)?! Whocares if Ripple is scam, the point is that it has already doubled in about a month and half period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad