Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Funny, what is happening now is again aligning (like it has before) with what whatthefaulk and phisherman were saying on page 1 of this thread. BTC dominance increases, alt coins value to btc tanks, even if their dollar value increases, as people dump alts to try to latch onto a growing btc. This is a bullish indicator for alts, you just need to give it time. When people swap over, keep hodling what you have, and accumulate more alt. No offense to crypto guy, but exactly what they were telling him, is exactly what we are seeing right now, again.

I clicked first page because I was curious about this thread, hadn't seen it before. It reads so perfectly to describe right now, but from 2018.
If you look at the charts, the alt coins continue to follow BTC almost identically. Sometimes they lag a day or teo behind but when BTC is rising, usually everything else is too (aside from complete shit coins but nobody should be concerning themselves with them at this point). When BTC is tanking, everything else is too.

I say “almost” all the time because yes sometimes a whale comes in a buys a ton of BTC and it may raise a few % more than others, but the same can we said for any of them.

If you dont believe me just look at the charts for last 3 months for BTC and the top 20 alts, almost identical to BTC, not the complete opposite.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I'm not going to debate, it's fine if you disagree with us. But you're making the same exact comments to an exact replica of the situation to which the comments then perfectly describe. I think you just aren't understanding what they are saying... and like I said, it is bullish for altcoins.

Unless I am wrong and you consider ethereum a worthless shitcoin,

https://cryptopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ethbtc-may8.png
May 8th

XRP
https://cryptopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/xrpbtc-may8.png
May 8th

Monero
https://cryptopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/xmrbtc-may8.png
May 8th

Tron
https://cryptopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/trxbtc-may8.png
May 8th

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
https://s3.cointelegraph.com/storage/uploads/view/7c6841b57758c1fe46f268bdb037bf53.png

BTC dominance down, BTC in the red, most top alts in the green; the rest of the month prior to now, BTC dominance up, BTC in the green.

I didn't see this article (posted today) until right now
but it is another statement mirroring the posts made on page 1
"People get intrigued by the hype around the event, as they expect a short-term bullish outcome to occur on the markets, and they start to buy into Bitcoin.
Where can we see that? In general, these movements can be spotted in the altcoin markets. Usually, when Bitcoin sees a big rally, people FOMO into Bitcoin. One such example is Ether (ETH).

ETH BTC 1-day chart. Source: TradingView
While the USD value of Ethereum is remaining relatively stable (as the price has been hovering between $197 and $215 in the past two weeks), the BTC pair is getting absolutely hammered.
But why? It’s because people are selling their altcoins to catch up to Bitcoin. Ether has seen a selloff of 20% in the BTC pair in the recent week, while ChainLink (LINK) and Tezos (XTZ) have seen a 30% selloff in the past ten days. Indeed, all selloffs have been seen in the BTC pair while the USD pairs have remained relatively stable.
Interestingly, previous bull market moves have seen similar action. For example, Bitcoin’s peak price was during December 2017 with a high of $19,700. This was when there was a huge selloff in the BTC pairs of altcoins.
However, just around this time, the altcoins started to bounce heavily and showing strength, resulting in the biggest “altseason” the market has ever seen. The price of Ether rallied towards $1,300-1,400 in the month after that.
A similar structure is also forming right now. The selloff of altcoins results in low prices enticing investors to jump back into Bitcoin. This is why today when the price of Bitcoin retraced a few hundred dollars, many altcoins bounced such as Chainlink."

"This dropdown and retrace should trigger altcoins to start rallying as they are eager to follow Bitcoin. Hence, a breakdown below $9,400 could be a sign for them to start recovering.
Losing the $9,400 level would be a bearish signal for the momentum of Bitcoin, but potentially a bullish signal for altcoins to catch up."

You don't have to believe this article either, but I don't know how else to put it that they
didn't already, or that this article doesn't, or that people I talk to wouldn't.

Like I said, I mean zero offence, either. And maybe we're somehow wrong and you're correct. You get what has been said, and those people are entirely incorrect. I just bring it up light-heartedly because I found it interesting that I clicked on the first page by chance, and saw a debate describing exactly what is taking place the past week, from 2 years ago. I also figured you may have reconsidered your stance since then on the topic.

EDIT: Look at the selling volume of ethereum if you think people aren't selling alts to switch to btc, but the cause is that alts are still gaining or holding steady, while some double digit billion dollar whales are pumping bitcoin and bitcoin alone, thus creating the discrepancy we see right now.

PS: Like I said, this bodes well for altcoins, which is why I said it is a bullish indicator. The may play in the short-term was to accumulate or hold your alts, and leave btc alone, or profit take a bit and put it into your alts.

If this rally ran into zero resistance and kept soaring into the moon without ever looking back (we all know that had 0.00% of taking place) altcoins would have been absolutely left in the dust and those red candles would have become red yard sticks

Last edited:

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
There's the halving dump :)
don't regret heavily debating the risk-reward of heavy profit taking this afternoon to re-buy for the big upcoming rally

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not going to debate, it's fine if you disagree with us. But you're making the same exact comments to an exact replica of the situation to which the comments then perfectly describe. I think you just aren't understanding what they are saying... and like I said, it is bullish for altcoins.

Unless I am wrong and you consider ethereum a worthless shitcoin,

https://cryptopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ethbtc-may8.png
May 8th

XRP
https://cryptopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/xrpbtc-may8.png
May 8th

Monero
https://cryptopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/xmrbtc-may8.png
May 8th

Tron
https://cryptopotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/trxbtc-may8.png
May 8th
I'm not really sure you are understanding.

We are talking about the value of the coin to fiat. I don't care what BTC/ETH is.

When the price of Bitcoin goes down, Ether and most alts go down. When Bitcoin goes up in fiat, so do the alt coins.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I'm not really sure you are understanding.

We are talking about the value of the coin to fiat. I don't care what BTC/ETH is.

When the price of Bitcoin goes down, Ether and most alts go down. When Bitcoin goes up in fiat, so do the alt coins.

Okay, CLEARLY state that yes people sell alts to jump to bitcoin, that they do not happen simultaneously, short-term SAT mis-match, CLEARLY state a time-range, and don't disagree with people that state factually correct information by citing information that agrees with them. Yes, when you look at a chart from a distance of most major alt coins and bitcoin over their history, and you look at their value to fiat, they follow a similar growth and decline pattern. No one has said anything contrary to that. No one has disagreed with that point. You made a comment and someone added to it and nit-picked it, with information that doesn't have to contradict your larger (or re-phrased) statement. However, their completely accurate statement, you then went on to argue against. So, I don't think you get it. I think we get that the biggest bull runs for bitcoin were positive for the most alts, and that the biggest downturns for bitcoin were negative for most alts. But tell me what, exactly, was incorrect or wrong about a single post that you initially disagreed with on page one? Every single word they said was exactly, down to a tee, correct, and was starting to relive itself now. And no one in the first page who you disagreed with cared about what BTC/ETH was either, they just stated relevant information to what you had stated, and then proceeded to disagree with. Can you explain why high selling volume and even slightly higher buying volume takes place on an alt while bitcoin has an even higher, almost entirely buying volume surge and bitcoin dominance increases, and that is caused by some whale buying bitcoin, and no one is selling alts? If your statement were loose or specific enough, or more importantly you didn't disagree with correct information and simply clarified your statement to begin with, everyone would have agreed with you. What you are trying to get at isn't wrong. The way you phrased it was also eligible to have relevant and appropriate correct comments to go along with it, which you discredited.

Anyway, I'm sorry, it really doesn't matter. Maybe we just aren't getting each other, or maybe we all just don't get it at all. Or maybe we're debating in silly semantics. I hope you made a lot of realized gains today :popcorn: I say that sincerely
or if you're just hodling, continue on it, and buy another dip if another comes (whether you bought this one or not - every 10-20% counts)

EDIT: And yes, the dump happened virtually exactly simultaneously across the board, everything from bitcoin cash to EOS cliffed at the same time

EDIT 2: Funny, I actually didn't see your clockwork post until I posted the first edit and scrolled up

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
'We are talking about btc/usd though'

I say, 'we aren't talking about 5 minute candles though'

pre-dump btc and most alts were green in may
that wasn't something the posters in page 1 were necessarily saying contrary to, and everything they said was exactly right
it's fine if you're using different time frames and different metrics than others
then tell them that
instead of telling them they are wrong when they state correct information
now watch post-dump btc and most alts
don't use a 5 minute candle and nothing else the first 9 days of a month
and yes, if btc goes to 6,000 by next week, alts are going to go lower
if btc goes to 13,000 by next week, alts are going to go higher
no one is disagreeing with that, though

they gave helpful information which was absolutely true and is showing itself true yet again now and you were telling them it's wrong

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Okay, CLEARLY state that yes people sell alts to jump to bitcoin, that they do not happen simultaneously, short-term SAT mis-match, CLEARLY state a time-range, and don't disagree with people that state factually correct information by citing information that agrees with them. Yes, when you look at a chart from a distance of most major alt coins and bitcoin over their history, and you look at their value to fiat, they follow a similar growth and decline pattern. No one has said anything contrary to that. No one has disagreed with that point. You made a comment and someone added to it and nit-picked it, with information that doesn't have to contradict your larger (or re-phrased) statement. However, their completely accurate statement, you then went on to argue against. So, I don't think you get it. I think we get that the biggest bull runs for bitcoin were positive for the most alts, and that the biggest downturns for bitcoin were negative for most alts. But tell me what, exactly, was incorrect or wrong about a single post that you initially disagreed with on page one? Every single word they said was exactly, down to a tee, correct, and was starting to relive itself now. And no one in the first page who you disagreed with cared about what BTC/ETH was either, they just stated relevant information to what you had stated, and then proceeded to disagree with. Can you explain why high selling volume and even slightly higher buying volume takes place on an alt while bitcoin has an even higher, almost entirely buying volume surge and bitcoin dominance increases, and that is caused by some whale buying bitcoin, and no one is selling alts? If your statement were loose or specific enough, or more importantly you didn't disagree with correct information and simply clarified your statement to begin with, everyone would have agreed with you. What you are trying to get at isn't wrong. The way you phrased it was also eligible to have relevant and appropriate correct comments to go along with it, which you discredited.

Anyway, I'm sorry, it really doesn't matter. Maybe we just aren't getting each other, or maybe we all just don't get it at all. Or maybe we're debating in silly semantics. I hope you made a lot of realized gains today :popcorn: I say that sincerely
or if you're just hodling, continue on it, and buy another dip if another comes (whether you bought this one or not - every 10-20% counts)

EDIT: And yes, the dump happened virtually exactly simultaneously across the board, everything from bitcoin cash to EOS cliffed at the same time

EDIT 2: Funny, I actually didn't see your clockwork post until I posted the first edit and scrolled up
I think we just arent getting each other as i'm extremely confused right now :laugh:

All I was saying is when the price of bitcoin moves, so does everything usually in the same direction. I'm not sure what the arguments were back 2 years ago but I don't want to read all of those posts again.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If I had to pick 3 cryptos, in order, they would be BTC, ETH, XLM.

XRP has SO much going for it, but at the same time, some things about it/ripple make me want to bang my head against a wall. I still have it narrowly behind XLM, though.

I'm very stoked to see what 2022 looks like in the crypto space.

My top three cryptos are:

Eth - BY FAR, hold 86% of my total
Neo - 8%
Bat - 3%
XRP & XLM as the last few percentage.

I have a shit ton of eth i scooped up back when it was anywhere between $13-$200, but my average is worth around $70.

Never bought BTC since it was too pricey for my taste when i got into crypto a couple years ago. I probably have the most faith in BTC, ETH, BAT, and XLM.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I think the dump coincides with Paul Tudor Jones announcement (sell the news) and not the halvening

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think the dump coincides with Paul Tudor Jones announcement (sell the news) and not the halvening
If that's true then I expect another dump on the actual day of the halving...which I do expect. Then the slow rise up again.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
If that's true then I expect another dump on the actual day of the halving...which I do expect. Then the slow rise up again.

maybe, maybe not. I am not taking the risk and swing trading this

---

I feel it is for altcoin enthusiasts best interest for bitcoin to succeed. Sometimes I'm baffled at some of the altcoiners disparaging btc

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
maybe, maybe not. I am not taking the risk and swing trading this

---

I feel it is for altcoin enthusiasts best interest for bitcoin to succeed. Sometimes I'm baffled at some of the altcoiners disparaging btc
Hell no, i'm not risking it either way either.

If bitcoin fails at this stage everything will. Maybe in 10 years that will be different but the majority of the money is in Bitcoin.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Amazing news for Ether holders. Even though it seems like most just jumped ship for the Bitcoin halving.

The less whales the better. Those guys can do some serious price damage when they left but the price of Ether continued to climb from Dec which means more little guys are getting into it. People who have collected 32 or more ETH went from 100K to 115K over the last year. You will need at least 32 Eth to proof of stake once that goes live on Ethereum 2.0 so people are slowly building up their bundles.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Hopefully it goes up quick. I did my buying years ago.

even so, if you really believe in it and will hold long term you will want the prices to stay low whilst converting income

this is why you should change your username and instead spread FUD lol

-

if the market continues to bleed and crypto is green what do you guys think will happen?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
even so, if you really believe in it and will hold long term you will want the prices to stay low whilst converting income

this is why you should change your username and instead spread FUD lol

-

if the market continues to bleed and crypto is green what do you guys think will happen?
Meh, I put so much in years ago for much lower than the prices are now, i'm letting this money sit in there and am investing new money into the stock market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad