Crosby GOTY?

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
The benning goal is nice but not near what crosby's was. Benning's was a single baseball shot/sling off a back. Crosby's was a double tap while beating the goalie.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. It was amazing. But to say he's the only guy capable of doing that is just ignorant in regards to the talent level that it takes to make it to pro hockey. I've seen a few goals like that in beer league over the years(there are some absolute studs playing beer league in Chicago).

I watched a couple guys who played junior A hockey juggle a puck in the air between them, from around the blue line in, and score without the puck touching the ice, in an alumni game this year. There are a lot of really, really talented hockey players in the world.

This is an AHL guy....

Plenty of people are capable of a lot of things, doesn't mean they do them. Tavares is the only other similar goal where he is purposely directing the puck in the air to set himself up for a goal. Tavares' goal is legendary.

None of these highlights people are posting are close to the difficulty of Crosby's. I haven't seen anyone in here make a suggestion about a better GOTY so far.

Brandon Montour is a good NHL player too FYI. Even though that video is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I find it even more impressive because it wasn’t like he just hit a rebound in with good hand eye. The first time he knocks the puck up to himself, it feels all premeditated. Like he says “let’s see if this will work” knocks it up once then swats it in

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Worst part is he made it look so easy... Disgusting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad