Crosby GOTY?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
That's a cute move in a shootout, but doing what Crosby did during a game while being defended and where Price even tries to swing at the puck and then moves to stop the shot and is still beaten is a much much higher degree of difficulty.

Even you, an epic Pens hater, can appreciate that and admit that it is the best goal of the year, so far.

If Ovy did that, I would have zero issues saying it was the best.

It's cute in game, too, since that's where Kucherov did it.

Reactions: malkins

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That's a cute move in a shootout, but doing what Crosby did during a game while being defended and where Price even tries to swing at the puck and then moves to stop the shot and is still beaten is a much much higher degree of difficulty.

Even you, an epic Pens hater, can appreciate that and admit that it is the best goal of the year, so far.

If Ovy did that, I would have zero issues saying it was the best.

Oh please. This has nothing to do with who scored it. I had no problem admitting that the one handed goal by Sid last year is probably the best goal of the past 10 years. This one is just personal preference. The Kucherov no shot move is not only beautiful, it broke Holtby mentally. He hasn't been the same since he allowed that one.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh please. This has nothing to do with who scored it. I had no problem admitting that the one handed goal by Sid last year is probably the best goal of the past 10 years. This one is just personal preference. The Kucherov no shot move is not only beautiful, it broke Holtby mentally. He hasn't been the same since he allowed that one.

Holtby hasn't been the same since the Pens broke him in the playoffs last year. But sure, yeah, "THAT GOAL" is why he's broken.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ovi has a no look turn around slapper that beats Price from the boonies which is GOTY. But you won't admit it.

I haven't even seen that until now, but you should pump your breaks kid, not all of us come into every Caps thread to hate like you do for literally every single Pens thread.

And that no look turn around slapper is nice, but that would be more get it on the net and pray something happens rather than being up close and making a move. I've seen better goals from Ovechkin than that, so maybe if you want to come at me with an Ovy goal, pick a better one, the guy is literally a highlight reel for goals scored, how do you even pick that one of all the ones he's scored this season?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Holtby hasn't been the same since the Pens broke him in the playoffs last year. But sure, yeah, "THAT GOAL" is why he's broken.

I watch every game. It's true that the Pens damaged him mentally more than anyone, but he was starting to get over it. After that Kucherov goal, Holtby allows everything in and he keeps getting pulled.

Whatever, it's a matter of personal preference in the end, and if you call everyone who disagrees with you on something purely subjective a hater, that's your problem buddy.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
There literally evidence of players doing the same thing as Crosby, to say that Kuch's wasnt pure talent and skills as well is just ignorant.

Everyone could do what Kucherov did. It’s all creativity. Not a lot of players can do what Crosby did in a game with Carey Price in net

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Everyone could do what Kucherov did. It’s all creativity. Not a lot of players can do what Crosby did in a game with Carey Price in net
Not true at all. Again look at the evidence of players doing the same thing my mans. Not alot of players can do what Kuch did with Holtby in net.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
While it took a lot of skill to hit the puck off of a bounce, from one side of the net to the other and then smack it in all while Price was following the puck,..... Crosby’s one handed goal last year was about 10x better than this one.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Not true at all. Again look at the evidence of players doing the same thing my mans. Not alot of players can do what Kuch did with Holtby in net.
Did anyone else tried it? I know a Gabrielle guy in the CHL did it once...

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Because it is. It's not all about flash dude.

Uh in the goal of the year discussions it kinda is. Also as an Ovie fan I'm sure you were singing a different tune in his flashier days. The goal you posted was fine nowhere near as remarkable as what Sid did here.

Reactions: 99664987

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Uh in the goal of the year discussions it kinda is. Also as an Ovie fan I'm sure you were singing a different tune in his flashier days. The goal you posted was fine nowhere near as remarkable as what Sid did here.
Rolling puck, far out, no look, spins, and beats Price. It's more impressive. Sid didn't score the coordination goal from the distance Gretzky did. He was in highest danger area. Ovie was in the boonies and didn't even look

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
These threads are hilarious. Sensible posters are impressed to one degree or another as they should be regardless of who the player is. The rest pollute the thread with the tired "no, my favorite player had a better goal way back when" routine. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Most of the people coming into this thread are your usual Crosby haters that are usually choked that he's still doing insane things in the NHL. I'm not surprised by it at all, just par for the course here.

But if it was Kucherov, Ovechkin, or literally any other player, it'd be hailed as the "GOTY AINEC LMNOP!"
I disagree, if it were anyone but crosby it wouldn't be a thread.
GOTY ? naaa
Crosbys GOTY ,yes ... i mean there are only 24 to choose from :laugh: ,had to add that:naughty:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I said it last year and I'll say it again. He's a once in a lifetime player. When all is said and done he'll be considered a top 5 player ever to play the game. If he isn't already.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I honestly don't think it's Crosby's best goal.

Have we not forgotten the one hander against Buffalo?

Reactions: TNT87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad