Crosby GOTY?

Feb 24, 2017
Something like this is exactly why Sid has grown on me over the years and I now respect him and admire his hard work. He probably could not have done this years ago. And he realized it. So he likely identified this as a skill he wanted to be better at and worked his ass off at it until he can do stuff like this. Beauty.

Reactions: ncm7772

illpucks

May 26, 2011
If GOTY means 2017-2018 season why no one say Orlov?

Ovechkin scored this in 2014 and it is GOTY

Orlov does this in December

And this thread is quiet about it

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
L-O-f***ing-L at people saying "meh" in this thread.

On topic, I still like Kucherov's goal a littttttle bit better b/c I think it took a little more moxy to pull it off, but Sid's goal was insane

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I disagree. Kuch's is a great goal, but this goal by Crosby is significantly more difficult to pull off given this goal is basically instinct, raw skill, nerve, and surgical hand eye. Kuch had time to plan his and had practiced it many times. This goal is on a different level.
I agree with you, sorry if I misworded it. I was just talking about Kucherovs goal itself- Crosby's was infinitely more impressive.

Reactions: Future GOAT

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't want to go into the whole GOY over someone else who has scored a great goal this year....HOWEVER...amazing goal by Crosby.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Tavares scored a similar goal about 13 seconds into this video.

^^ Impressive goal to be sure.

The thing that people are missing with these juggling-comparison videos, is that Crosby's first juggle essentially acts as a deke (only in mid-air) on a goalie facing the puck. That's why it's a cut above. It's a double-tap AND a change of direction on a goaltender who is able to make a save. It's not just that he hit an already bouncing puck twice in mid-air. He changes the angle to go around Price, but it's all done without the puck ever hitting the ice.

The ridiculousness is in the details.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad