Crosby GOTY?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
They're nice goals, but neither of them include a mid-air double-tap where the goalie is actually DEKED as part of the play. Which is a crucial difference many seem to be missing.

This is pretty much the same goal from 8 years ago. This wasn't even close to GOTY 2010..or at least no one mentions it.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
We get it, you dislike Crosby.
No, I just don't get how people think everything Sid does is better just because Sid does it. I showed you an example of someone doing it 8 years ago and no one saying anything. It's GOTY around here because it's Crosby. If not than Cammalleri would have GOTY 2010.

And for the record I think Crosby did have GOTY last season, but not the Buffalo one.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Only player in the world who can score like that

No. Ton of guys have the hand/eye to score a goal like that. It was the perfect storm of positioning, opportunity, luck, and skill. And he nailed it. Still impressive as hell, but come on. Juggling pucks isn't really that hard. He was basically undefended. lol

This is one of my personal favorites....

Reactions: turkleton85

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
No. Ton of guys have the hand/eye to score a goal like that. It was the perfect storm of positioning, opportunity, luck, and skill. And he nailed it. Still impressive as hell, but come on. Juggling pucks isn't really that hard. He was basically undefended. lol

The processing speed of his brain is pretty elite though to be able to successfully do it in a game situation with a wobbly puck. In real speed it’s better

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The processing speed of his brain is pretty elite though to be able to successfully do it in a game situation with a wobbly puck. In real speed it’s better

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. It was amazing. But to say he's the only guy capable of doing that is just ignorant in regards to the talent level that it takes to make it to pro hockey. I've seen a few goals like that in beer league over the years(there are some absolute studs playing beer league in Chicago).

I watched a couple guys who played junior A hockey juggle a puck in the air between them, from around the blue line in, and score without the puck touching the ice, in an alumni game this year. There are a lot of really, really talented hockey players in the world.

This is an AHL guy....

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Since we're on the topic of sick mid-air goals, and hand/eye coordination, here's another absolutely awesome goal. This guy never sniffed the NHL.

Grabovski pulling off some ridiculousness.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Thanks for the video, I'm too lazy/inept to embed videos haha. That's so sick. But it's Matt Benning scoring in the Oilers lost season, so it will get no hype.

They're nice goals, but neither of them include a mid-air double-tap where the goalie is actually DEKED as part of the play. Which is a crucial difference many seem to be missing.

Disagree, I think the crucial difference is that the timing on Benning's is more difficult; Crosby tapped it out in-front of him and then tapped it in the net, which is impressive focus. Benning had to wait for it to come down from 9 feet in the air and then baseball swing it off the goalies back from behind the net.

No mention of this goal which is similar

Yeah, never saw that. That's pretty disgusting at that speed. As Drew Remenda said - "that's just Connor McDavid."

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Really nice goal but I don't get how people get all excited about it. Still, Crosby is still the best player in the NHL.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We get it, you dislike Crosby.
Most of the people coming into this thread are your usual Crosby haters that are usually choked that he's still doing insane things in the NHL. I'm not surprised by it at all, just par for the course here.

But if it was Kucherov, Ovechkin, or literally any other player, it'd be hailed as the "GOTY AINEC LMNOP!"

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
No mention of this goal which is similar

Thought this goal got mentioned quite a lot when it happened. But yeah, it's equally as nice and difficult to pull off.

The stuff these guys do sometimes is just crazy. They have some of the best hand eye coordination of any athletes.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
He's pretty good, eh.

People are so embarrassing when threads like this or milestones get posted. If you don't like a player, scroll on. It's not that hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad