Crosby 1 assist in 4 games

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Pens needed him to step up and lead the team like he did down the stretch. The team is not that good. I said that all year. They only got in because of an amazing stretch from Crosby.

He ran out of gas and didn't have another level to go to. That's okay, we all get older. The Pens as a team are old and slow and are no match for the fast, young Islanders. Plus, Trotz out coached Sullivan.

Fact is the Pens are on a steep decline and are in for some very lean years ahead. The glory days are over. Time for some tough decisions on that team.

Reactions: Mbraunm

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
How many times was the regular season excused while the playoff glorified to boost Sids rep? Yet now, the tables have turned and the focus should be more on his 100 point season while his playoff play should be excused? Sounds about right....

The hypocrisy is as strong as his grace period.

You'll have to show me the quotes where I said that so I can get the stamps on my hypocrite card. After you can't find it you should probably look that word up.

If you want to claim this four games shows he's done and ignore his 100 point season, go for it. It's your credibility (or lack there of), not mine. You will come off as desperate though.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Because he still wasn’t seen as the best player in the league? Pretty straight forward and a point I’ve made so many times now. Maybe read up and keep up before responding.

Crosby’s playoffs made him the “best” player in many people eyes. This year should be a prime example of that doing the opposite, right?
What makes Crosby the best or top 2 is his consistency year in year out.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
At least another 4 elite years left?

What are you basing that on?

You really think Crosby is still going to be in his prime at 35?

Not who you are responding too, but I think it's possible.

Training and health sectors continue to make huge advancements. Look at what these guys do compared to what they did even 9 years ago in 2010 both in terms of training and modern medicine.

That coupled with a softer league, and tens of millions of dollars on the line, players are committed to prolonging their careers. It's why we're seeing more 30 year olds excelling over the past few seasons. And why we'll see more 40 year old players in the next 5-10 years than there ever were before in the history of the NHL. Crosby's in terrific shape. If he can avoid serious injuries, he can still be one of the best in the league at 35, no doubt about it.

TeeTee

Apr 20, 2016
Some ridiculous comments on here. I saw every game of the series and he was easily the best player on the ice regardless of team and not including goalies. Some time hockey bounces go your way, sometimes they don't. Lehner was very good and things went the Isles way but to suggest Crosby was somehow not good is just not true. He easily could have had 10 points in those 4 games with 1 or 2 bounces and teammates finishing plays. The Islanders played great team D but Sid still had his chances. His teammates, however, didn't and that's why he had only 1 point.

Dont waste your time, ABC. These D'bags want to do anything they can to discredit an all time great.

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
"On November 3rd, of the year 2000, Nicklas Lidstrom was a -4 in a 6-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks. Those aren't All Star numbers. What else is Nick Lidstrom hiding?"

Reactions: Tweed and Vikke

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Am I defending him?
Misread your statement. Apologies.
You'll have to show me the quotes where I said that so I can get the stamps on my hypocrite card. After you can't find it you should probably look that word up.

If you want to claim this four games shows he's done and ignore his 100 point season, go for it. It's your credibility (or lack there of), not mine. You will come off as desperate though.
It has nothing to do with credit. It’s the fact that Crosby still gets that benefit despite his horrid playoff run. If it was McDavid, so
Many would jump to the chance to call him out and talk about how superior Crosby is.

In terms of being one of the best players, this series should set him back. It always did for others while it actually helped Crosby.
What makes Crosby the best or top 2 is his consistency year in year out.
consistency doesn’t automatically get you in front of the line, especially when many others were better.

But thank you for further proving my point. Round up his yearly play and add it all together, he’s basically still the best

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

It has nothing to do with credit. It’s the fact that Crosby still gets that benefit despite his horrid playoff run. If it was McDavid, so
Many would jump to the chance to call him out and talk about how superior Crosby is.

In terms of being one of the best players, this series should set him back. It always did for others while it actually helped Crosby.

consistency doesn’t automatically get you in front of the line, especially when many others were better.

But thank you for further proving my point. Round up his yearly play and add it all together, he’s basically still the best
He’s about to be a hart finalist 5 out of the last 7 seasons with two smythes in addition.... so

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

Not sure what you're whining about, say McDavid is better as much as you like. If you are upset more people aren't joining you, maybe you should consider why without assuming a conspiracy.

4 games. Get over it. This is getting bizarre. If he flops next year you might have something to cheer about and you can watch McDavid draft videos until then.

You are like a guy trying to organize a lynch mob but is the only one angry.

Reactions: Tweed

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018

Training and health sectors continue to make huge advancements. Look at what these guys do compared to what they did even 9 years ago in 2010 both in terms of training and modern medicine.

That coupled with a softer league, and tens of millions of dollars on the line, players are committed to prolonging their careers. It's why we're seeing more 30 year olds excelling over the past few seasons. And why we'll see more 40 year old players in the next 5-10 years than there ever were before in the history of the NHL. Crosby's in terrific shape. If he can avoid serious injuries, he can still be one of the best in the league at 35, no doubt about it.

Elite players are getting younger, not older. Look at the Top 40 in NHL scoring this season. There is only 1 player older than 33 on the entire list - Brent Burns @ 34.

So the odds of Crosby being an elite player at 35 is pretty close to 0%.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
you can't judge a player based on a sweep like this. Of course in only losses, people's stats will look bad. If they Pens had found a win or two, and maybe got the ball rolling, Crosby could have heated up. Just like in the season, they looked awful for stretches and it looked like they might miss the playoffs even, but would get hot and find a way. It might have happened this playoffs if the Pens found traction in time, but they didn't

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Elite players are getting younger, not older. Look at the Top 40 in NHL scoring this season. There is only 1 player older than 33 on the entire list - Brent Burns @ 34.

So the odds of Crosby being an elite player at 35 is pretty close to 0%.
Crosby is not a normal player. He will be elite in 4 years.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

They juicing up.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
One bad playoff in years won’t tarnish Crosby’s legacy, come on.

He could have 5 more playoffs like this and it wouldn’t change anything

His legacy is already cimented and has nothing left to prove. He has done it all

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016

For sure, at the age of 33 Gretzky won the Art Ross trophy. It is definitely possible.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Marty St Louis won an art Ross at 37, recorded 99 and 97 points at age 34 and 35.

Lidstrom was the best Dman in the world until he retired at age 40

Reactions: Tweed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad