Crosby 1 assist in 4 games

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Either that game or next a pens player is hit in the back of the head with a puck and goes down they instantly blew the whistle while Z laid in a puddle of blood. Not spun to make it seem intentional just saying the kid had part of his skull broken and they didnt stop it leading directly to a goal and they then changed their own rules literally the very series to instantly blown dead. And Im not made or upset they lost the series it has built character in our team. This moment for the cbj isnt huge if we rightfully won the pens series. That series on the other hand strengthened MAF career and Malkin and Kessel showed to be the most inportant guys on the team yet again cementing their legacy of being the reason Sid could celebrate 2 more trophies.

What rules were changed? There was no memo from the NHL stating they should start blowing the play dead if a player is downed
You're making these comments that have zero factual basis here to spin some sort of narrative.

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
He has a great argument to be heading towards #5 all-time without mentioning whether he has won any Cups or not.

Not my point. Just saying some go too far trying to show Crosby as a great playoff performer by bringing up Cups and Gold medal as if they're individual accomplishments. I understand that there's context there, but inflating it is flawed, as shown in the recent series.

I think it's hypocritical because these same people year after year put all the Caps' failures solely on Ovechkin and then attributed all arguments to just excuses. Now it's reversed.

Last edited:

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Not my point. Just saying some go too far trying to show Crosby as a great playoff performer by bringing up Cups and Gold medal as if they're individual accomplishments. I understand that there's context there, but inflating it is flawed, as shown in the recent series.

I think it's hypocritical because these same people year after year put all the Caps' failures solely on Ovechkin and then attributed all arguments to just excuses. Now it's reversed.
Not a big Penguins fan at all, but hard to argue his compete level in the playoffs. Guy makes everyone better.
That's just the pressure of star players. Get the credit for the good times and blame for the bad.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
As per your request, here is your first quote.

Your subjective opinion on Crosby's performance has no relevance to the fact that he produced against the #2 defensive team unless we want to look at other series where he did not produce good numbers despite being one of the Pens best players on the ice. The 2016 SCF, like his whole playoffs, saw him play an excellent 2-way game with many clutch plays. The 2009 SCF also comes to mind.

As I said, he has played enough playoff games while being the best offensive and overall player on a team that has had the most success of his era. There should be no doubt that his numbers completely speak for themselves. If there is any player who we can say "singlehandedly" won a series for his team, it's Crosby. Cherrypicking a series or two using hyperbolic words like "destroyed" to try build a narrative looks foolish.

And this does not even get into the fact he has carried lesser talented linemates to help his team create depth, a key in both of their last Cup wins.

You cherry picked series. Thats how it started. You used CBJ series as the golden standard for Crosby, which is laughable since its one of the worst series of his career. He was a minus player for 4 out of 5 games and got demolished by first Dubinskys line and later Karlssons line.

I havent talked about any other series (other than compliment his play against Capitals in round 2 that year) and you wander off in your "Daver diagnosis" mind and speak about other things. Its like talking about the stars gravity and you bring up how big you think the teachers genitalia is. Nothing is ever related. We talked here about 2017, you go away and talk about 2016 and 2009 instead. I also wonder why you cant accept that Crosby have had not so good series. Or I think I do know why, but last guy who pointed that out got slaughtered by the moderators.

This place would be better without Moderators so wiseacres like you would get the social backlash that you would get in real life.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
You cherry picked series. Thats how it started. You used CBJ series as the golden standard for Crosby, which is laughable since its one of the worst series of his career. He was a minus player for 4 out of 5 games and got demolished by first Dubinskys line and later Karlssons line..

It was an example of him producing against the #2 defensive team in the league. You still have said nothing to dispute his offensive performance.

Don't like apparent cherrypicking? Fine, I am more than happy to let his era-leading playoff point totals, his era-leading playoff PPG, and his era-leading Conn Smythe wins speak for themselves.

Happy?

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I havent talked about any other series (other than compliment his play against Capitals in round 2 that year) and you wander off in your "Daver diagnosis" mind and speak about other things. Its like talking about the stars gravity and you bring up how big you think the teachers genitalia is. Nothing is ever related. We talked here about 2017, you go away and talk about 2016 and 2009 instead. I also wonder why you cant accept that Crosby have had not so good series. Or I think I do know why, but last guy who pointed that out got slaughtered by the moderators..

I assume you have an even higher level of disgust for the poster who started commenting on other series which precipitated my response among the many other responses made before I even commented?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad