GDT: Crapitals @ Candy Canes - 7 PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Like there's no way Pacioretty should get a lineup spot over Matthew Phillips. Absolutely insane. Even the biggest Phillips haters will probably agree with me.
Patches can still put up points and do the little things right, even on this Caps Starving for Goals team! Patches has size and won't get easily pushed around with how Phillips has a small size. Phillips just about has no business playing in the NHL, but if he wants to serious tank contribute for the Hawks, Sharks, Ducks, or for the No Home Landfill Coyotes, then he's welcome to do so!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I've defended Patches a few times in the past. I thought he was contributing with physical play and veteran leadership even if the goals weren't coming right away. After coming off a major injury, I figured it would take him some time to get the goal scoring going again. He was getting chances, but they weren't going in, so i believed it would balance out and he would start finishing eventually.

Fast forward to this last stretch. He has looked more like a passenger, and isn't even really getting any scoring chances. The tempo of the games has picked up towards the end of the season and he hasn't been able to raise his compete level to match. This team needs goals, and he's not producing any, so it may be time to look at inserting another player (NOT Phillips).
Man, Patches hasn't been the only one on this roster that has been a passenger to scoring goals! Tom Wilson choked on a breakaway(it sure looked like a weak shot attempt on it) when the Caps were up 2-0 and CMM shot a follow up shot right into Kochetkov's glove(CMM should have shot that puck stick-side)!

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks brother. Most of my family had severe food poisoning but everyone’s okay, no worse for the wear. I was spared luckily.

You know Ovis goals was him in the dirty areas other wise we probably get shut out
I don't know what has happened to Wilson who used to be good scoring goals from the dirty spots. I have to wonder if he needed more recovery time for the major injury surgery he had during the offseason? Either it was that or like Kuzy he doesn't seemed to like playing for Carbery's system.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Great game by Kuemper. Puzzling calls by the officials. It looked like they had put the whistles away halfway through the third period, letting some obvious calls go, only to make an extremely questionable call in the last 2 minutes. You can't necessarily blame the loss on the refs, but I mean, holy cow that was a bad call. Carolina got this one gift wrapped.

Caps offensive struggles continued without much sustained pressure in the offensive zone. Despite the deficit in scoring chances, the Caps could still have easily won the game if one of those chances went in. It's kind of crazy that we are able to hang with teams with such a shot discrepancy.
It makes you think if the Caps could just hang with other teams and balance the shot totals on the scoreboard with some consistency, then they might have scored more goals and won more games this season.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Suckity suck suck.

I'm content with 0 points and 2 Ovi goals, expected less. But i do feel for Ovi and Kuemper. They fought hard here while the rest mailed it in.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If the team was fatigued, then sit back and trap that neutral zone, maybe create a turnover and counterattack. Caps had, what 15 shots in this game? Two great plays from OV scoring 2 goals and then nothing else from 20 other players on the team! Caps sat back too much and were chasing most of the game. A lot of the team played dumb hockey, like they thought they were so good having a 2-0 lead.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I don't know what has happened to Wilson who used to be good scoring goals from the dirty spots. I have to wonder if he needed more recovery time for the major injury surgery he had during the offseason? Either it was that or like Kuzy he doesn't seemed to like playing for Carbery's system.
Nah, the difference is Kuzy doesn't like playing hockey anymore. He is generating points at an identical pace to when he played for the Caps this season. Don't know what the advanced stats look like but he seems to be pretty underwhelming on that Canes team.

Reactions: Block and um

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I went to bed at 2:0 thinking I will watch the rest in the morning.
Opened the NHL app, said "f***", but then thought positively : I saved like an hour of my time.

The goal for the rest of the season is Ovi scoring at least one goal. One goal in six games should be doable.

Reactions: Corby78 and g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I went to bed at 2:0 thinking I will watch the rest in the morning.
Opened the NHL app, said "f***", but then thought positively : I saved like an hour of my time.

The goal for the rest of the season is Ovi scoring at least one goal. One goal in six games should be doable.
This. Could only watch the first period, left satisfied.

Looking at Caps games like a buffet these days. Take what you need, leave the rest for someone else.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Hockey Gods are torturing us again, what's new. I would rather know at this
point one way or the other: are we going to make the playoffs or are we out.
But no, as usual we'll be stressed right until the end of the season.

Hard to say of the remaining teams who has the best shot. Based on remaining schedule,
I'd say the Islanders. Based on current performance. the Penguins. But we'll see.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Hockey Gods are torturing us again, what's new. I would rather know at this
point one way or the other: are we going to make the playoffs or are we out.
But no, as usual we'll be stressed right until the end of the season.

Hard to say of the remaining teams who has the best shot. Based on remaining schedule,
I'd say the Islanders. Based on current performance. the Penguins. But we'll see.
Usually I find close playoff races really exciting but this one just has bad vibes to it. It almost feels like the players arnt sure if they even want that last wildcard spot

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Aho is such a little bitch ass
Takes after his coach. Brindamour sucks. Whines and complains and makes excuses more than any other coach in the league. Was hilarious watching him say they didn’t lose any of the games in the series — the other team just happened to have more goals — after they got swept by Florida last year.

Carolina is the least likable team in the league. As long as it’s not them who wins I don’t really care who does (assuming it’s not the Caps).

Reactions: g00n and max21

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'd love Carbery to have Brind'Amours antics on the bench. It gets results. Gamesmanship kicks ass. I want more diving, embellishment, working the refs, etc.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'd love Carbery to have Brind'Amours antics on the bench. It gets results. Gamesmanship kicks ass. I want more diving, embellishment, working the refs, etc.
I’d prefer the refs just do their jobs rather than needing a man-baby to throw a tantrum at them to get his way. The no-call on the trip followed by the phantom hooking call on Sandin was so bad.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’d prefer the refs just do their jobs rather than needing a man-baby to throw a tantrum at them to get his way. The no-call on the trip followed by the phantom hooking call on Sandin was so bad.

Of course it was bad but bad refs are a given so might as well try to take advantage of the fact if at all possible.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Takes after his coach. Brindamour sucks. Whines and complains and makes excuses more than any other coach in the league. Was hilarious watching him say they didn’t lose any of the games in the series — the other team just happened to have more goals — after they got swept by Florida last year.

Carolina is the least likable team in the league. As long as it’s not them who wins I don’t really care who does (assuming it’s not the Caps).
Wearing 1990s Whalers stuff, the era whalers night wants you to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad