GDT: Crapitals @ Candy Canes - 7 PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Like there's no way Pacioretty should get a lineup spot over Matthew Phillips. Absolutely insane. Even the biggest Phillips haters will probably agree with me.

Reactions: Rockingred12

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't even believe the East has a chance with the West opponent. Either way, I'll root for Vegas before I will any of the current Eastern playoff teams.

Ironically, I'm starting to think it might be the other way around. A competent team like Florida, Carolina or NYR can pretty much get to the Conference Finals without much trouble, while the Western teams might beat each other up significantly more in the first 2 rounds.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Barf. Not Vegas. In the West, I'd root Avs, Jets, or Canucks.

Oh that's only if it comes down to Vegas left lol. I'm hoping it's the Jets year. Avs or Canucks are fine too. For me to say Vegas means a lot because I don't like any of the current Eastern playoff teams.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It turns out players available on the scrapheap are there for a reason. Huh.

Shame to waste Darcy's effort in this one.
I thought, and I suspect BMac thought, that if Patches had a chance to play for a contender he'd take it and run, giving the Caps whatever asset was on offer. I guess he doesn't really want to win a Cup after all.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Great game by Kuemper. Puzzling calls by the officials. It looked like they had put the whistles away halfway through the third period, letting some obvious calls go, only to make an extremely questionable call in the last 2 minutes. You can't necessarily blame the loss on the refs, but I mean, holy cow that was a bad call. Carolina got this one gift wrapped.

Caps offensive struggles continued without much sustained pressure in the offensive zone. Despite the deficit in scoring chances, the Caps could still have easily won the game if one of those chances went in. It's kind of crazy that we are able to hang with teams with such a shot discrepancy.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Two Ovi goals, couldn't care less about the outcome albeit frustrating. Should have committed to the red tank. Wasted opportunity.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Had a family emergency today, and had to sell my tickets to this game. Imagine the roller coaster of emotions of missing two Ovi goals only to collapse in the dying minutes. Thankful I didn’t go. How pathetic of this team.
I hope the family emergency resolved okay 😕

In other news… there’s like seven guys i wish we could scratch next game.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
2 Ovi goals will not win games.

I think some of the players are playing with injuries. We went from playing dominant to forgetting how to shoot.

Drop pass to the other team: drink.

Drunk

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
IMG_9856.png

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
At least everyone else sucks and we are still very much in play to lose our way into a playoff spot. Will be a photo finish!

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I hope the family emergency resolved okay 😕

In other news… there’s like seven guys i wish we could scratch next game.
Thanks brother. Most of my family had severe food poisoning but everyone’s okay, no worse for the wear. I was spared luckily.

You know Ovis goals was him in the dirty areas other wise we probably get shut out

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I thought, and I suspect BMac thought, that if Patches had a chance to play for a contender he'd take it and run, giving the Caps whatever asset was on offer. I guess he doesn't really want to win a Cup after all.

I've defended Patches a few times in the past. I thought he was contributing with physical play and veteran leadership even if the goals weren't coming right away. After coming off a major injury, I figured it would take him some time to get the goal scoring going again. He was getting chances, but they weren't going in, so i believed it would balance out and he would start finishing eventually.

Fast forward to this last stretch. He has looked more like a passenger, and isn't even really getting any scoring chances. The tempo of the games has picked up towards the end of the season and he hasn't been able to raise his compete level to match. This team needs goals, and he's not producing any, so it may be time to look at inserting another player (NOT Phillips).

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Rod always gets what he wants in the end. Cries about everything, and the officials don’t want it on their conscience if he pops from a steroid freakout. That being said, the team that deserved to win this game won it.

Darcy was a hero until it became overwhelming. Really sucks for him that despite a great performance he still ended up with an L and a 3.00 GAA on the night. Deserved better. By better I mean a team with a pulse in front of him.

Like there's no way Pacioretty should get a lineup spot over Matthew Phillips. Absolutely insane. Even the biggest Phillips haters will probably agree with me.
I actually agree, because at least Phillips wouldn’t get playing time. They just keep throwing Pacioretty out there like he’s magically going to turn the clock back a decade.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad