GDT: Crapitals @ Candy Canes - 7 PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
Another horrible veteran not scratched by Carberry btw.
There's not exactly a lot of replacements for him. Dube was pretty bad in his NHL deployments this year, but I guess you could argue that Frank deserves a look. I really don't know who gets the call after that.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pacs has 3 goals in 41 games. Not exactly GMBM’s finest moment.

Double-edged sword.

Patches was playing decent and had value going into the deadline. He was clearly shopped and there were interest. It would have been a good signing if they cut ties with him at the TDL when he was still playing well.

But then again, that NMC is on GMBM too. He gave it. But for Patches this loses a lot of respect from me. Blocking a trade is still fine, it's his right. But to do that and then absolutely mail it in on a team that's been fighting for their Playoff lives? That's sickening.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Pacs has 3 goals in 41 games. Not exactly GMBM’s finest moment.
kind of overlooks the 17 assists for a total of 20 points in 41 games.

I'm not saying he's been great or that I want him back but like... for a guy returning on a double Achilles that's not the worst line ever. He's still cooked in the long term. He's not coming back from that faster than his age will sap from him anyway, but they took a flier and had a buyer and he didn't waive.

Oh well. It's a really, really low risk investment that almost worked out with a pick and has at least gone .5 PPG with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad