GDT: Crapitals @ Candy Canes - 7 PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Put your hard CAPS on and let's get this DUB!
Caps.gif

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
We need a forward on this team to be imbued with the spirit of Brett "I Am f***ing Shooting The Puck the Moment It Gets on My Stick" Connolly - the guy that had the primary assist on 2 of the 3 most important playoff goals in the Cup run (Game 3 OT, 1st round v. Columbus and Game 5 final, Cup winning goal).

You know he got those 2 assists on 2 of the 3 most important goals in the franchise's history? It was not through a fancy pass, or because of an extra pass, or due to eye-popping dangles followed by a slick dish. No sir. He got those assists because he f***ing shot the puck the moment it got on his stick and it bounced off a body or the goalie, and then was deposited into the net. He got those assists by not making a pass at all - but by shooting the f***ing pill right away while teammates were at, or approaching the net.

Observe and note Locker ("the shawwtt of Connolly was so fast":

Or watch here

Shoot the f***ing puck as soon as it's on your stick and have mates at - or crashing - the net.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
This would be a fine spot to snap the losing streak. At 4 right now, after this the next one is Sens at home, then @ Red Wings. Lose these 3 and the season is done. Even losing 2 would be relying on others to suck.

So please, surprise me.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Anyone have any idea on lines?

8-17-15
63-29-43
67-24-21 (Carl Oliver Hagelin Memorial Line)
47-23-96 (maybe Dowd needs a night off?)

Reactions: troyerlaw

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
No 🔑🔑🔑 tonight. I feel like I've let the team down with some lackluster efforts recently.

Going to take a mental break for a game and hopefully gain some mental clarity.
AI man, i dont get it. "hockey fan looking for mental clarity"

Attachments

• Designer(4).png
    Designer(4).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: twabby

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Shoot the pill Stromer. Better option than a back pass at the top of the zone to pursuing defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad