Craig MacTavish hired as Lokomotiv head coach (and fired - 09/24/19)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Glad he's moving on, I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I suspect he had an offer, spoke with Holland about his future with the Oilers, and decided this was better then just being let go.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He was the head of the snake of the old boys culture in hockey ops (not Lowe anymore IMO). Cut the head off and the rest will fall. I expect most of Howson and his staff to be gone too.

This is a big change in culture IMO and finally a turning of the page to a new era. Still tons of work to be done but this was a very important first step.

Lowe is a lifer whether we like it (most of us don't) or not. He was never going to be erased.

It's his lackeys and abundance of side kicks that the Oilers needed to rid asap IMO. This is a start

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
This is 100% a guy getting out ahead of the boulder.

Suddenly I have a lot of confidence that names like Howson, Green, etc will follow, though I'm not sure they even have enough of a reputation to find another job as good as this one is.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Good Luck to Craig McTavish, nobody loves the Oilers more than him. It was time to leave, but I've always liked the guy.

I don't think anybody has every questioned the OBC's love of the Oilers organization. Lowe and Gretzky have done more for this team than almost any other people on the planet after all, but that doesn't make them good at managing the hockey club. We want them gone because they are currently hurting the team. People can appreciate what they were independently of what they are currently doing.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't think anybody has every questioned the OBC's love of the Oilers organization. Lowe and Gretzky have done more for this team than almost any other people on the planet after all, but that doesn't make them good at managing the hockey club. We want them gone because they are currently hurting the team. People can appreciate what they were independently of what they are currently doing.

This.

I really don't doubt that Craig loves Edmonton and loves the Oilers. I bet the quality of the job he's done bothers him a lot more than it bothers me.

Which is saying something because it bothers me a f*** of a lot.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Nobody questioned their love of the Oilers. We just questioned if they knew what they were doing and if they actually had a plan

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
giphy.gif

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

It's like Katz. Loves the Oilers. Sucks at hiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad