Craig MacTavish hired as Lokomotiv head coach (and fired - 09/24/19)

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Why am I not surprised that MacTavish couldn't even cut it as a KHL coach for more then 8 games?

When are Lowe and Howson going to be joining him in unemployment?

Oh right, they won't be because Katz will always create some artifical position for these clowns regardless of how big a stain their reputation creates for the franchise at this point in time to do so.

It won't be long before MacTavish some how crawls back into a comfortable position within OEG as well.

Sigh...

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Why am I not surprised that MacTavish couldn't even cut it as a KHL coach for more then 8 games?

When are Lowe and Howson going to be joining him in unemployment?

Oh right, they won't be because Katz will always create some artifical position for these clowns regardless of how big a stain their reputation creates for the franchise at this point in time to do so.

It won't be long before MacTavish some how crawls back into a comfortable position within OEG as well.

Sigh...

I figured people would catch on by now that unfortunately we have an owner who only cares about revenue and not a winning product on the ice. And there are several of these guys running pro franchises worldwide and we have one of them!

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What goodwill? Holland could be worse than Chia. Who knows......

He got rid of Lucic, MacT, and got us Tippett. Then didn't bend over like a bitch when JP whined his way to Liiga.

Also, most of us are willing to allow him to have 2 years to cleanup the Chia-Mess, so I'm actually ok with losing this season and the next, as long as we have a modicum of stability.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the year? But won't be crushed when we miss the playoffs again.

I'm still happy we don't have Lucic.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
He got rid of Lucic, MacT, and got us Tippett. Then didn't bend over like a ***** when JP whined his way to Liiga.

Also, most of us are willing to allow him to have 2 years to cleanup the Chia-Mess, so I'm actually ok with losing this season and the next, as long as we have a modicum of stability.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the year? But won't be crushed when we miss the playoffs again.

I'm still happy we don't have Lucic.

Even MacTavish says Holland has been “visually better.”

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It just underlines what so many people on the threads have been saying for years.

This guy, like a lot of other dubious talents in the upper echelon, was just another albatross hanging around the mast of the good ship Oiler.

He simply didn't have the coaching/management abilities that are conducive to success. Not here and not anywhere else either. Obviously the Russians didn't care that he is good friends with Gretzky and Lowe. Russia tends to be a place where the real world is more important than the Hollywood version.

I am glad that Katz is recovering (and wish him all the best) but let's hope he doesn't make the same mistake again and invite this guy back.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Wait.. Lokomotiv is 6-2-2 right now. Or did they win 2 games right after MacT left?

You sir have the qualifications to be an Oilers scout. Congratulations, you start tomorrow.

And remember, we take winning seriously around here, there are no second chances around here. There are actually 265 chances, so don't blow it!

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
The Russians are efficient. Fired after only 8 games. Meanwhile 3 years later, the Oilers are still auditing and evaluating.
Russians are like that. They don't beat around the bush. They tell you exactly what they think of you. Refreshing to say the least ..

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
MacTavish was a great player and a great coach. (Holland should know this as MacT out-foxed Babcock and the mighty Red Wings in 2006.) That said, his brief and undeserved tenure as GM was mediocre at best, and I think Holland is smart enough to avoid the PR disaster of re-hiring MacT right now.

Reactions: McSuper and ujju2

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Man, I wish Katz was my buddy and would create a high paying job of zero accountability, even less responsibility and requiring absolutely nothing for qualifications for me.

Then I would be able to sit at my desk doing f*** all reading all these threads with a shit eating grin rather than a complete grimace and a sense of dread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->