Craig MacTavish hired as Lokomotiv head coach (and fired - 09/24/19)

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
images.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hold it. Do we know 100% that he isn't coaching for Lokomotiv and still working as a scout for us?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I’m happy but I feel a bit bad. That’s a long way from home. However this is bigger than him. This means change! Good luck is your future endeavours Mr. MacTavish.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Would that really be a bad thing if he gave us the odd player to have a closer look at?

I would, but apparently I’m not good enough for you :(

I didn't think you would do that for me after our last argument. ;)

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Yessssssss! I am so happy right now. I sincerely hope he does well there............. So we never have to see him again.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Holland sends MacT to Siberia?!? Was this via skype? Are we getting a case of Vodka in trade? I keep looking at the calendar thinking its April 1 and I'm being rolled. This is true, real, information?

Years after the fact the man that begat us Eakins and trainwrecked this org and multiple players is gone. I'm pinching myself. As others have stated Holland has my attention now. This is like Christmas.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Holland sends MacT to Siberia?!? Was this via skype? Are we getting a case of Vodka in trade? I keep looking at the calendar thinking its April 1 and I'm being rolled. This is true, real, information?

Years after the fact the man that begat us Eakins and trainwrecked this org and multiple players is gone. I'm pinching myself. As others have stated Holland has my attention now. This is like Christmas.

I suspect they've given Green and Howson a month each to find "soft landings" before they're forced to fire them.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hitch on Day 1. MacT in Week 3. ;) See my friends, patience can be rewarded. :thumbu:

I think MacT saw the writing on the wall and exited gracefully. I posted in an earlier thread that if Holland mirrors the Detroit hockey management structure there would be only 1 role for either MacT and Gretzky, one of them had to go, so while this should come as no surprise, this comes as a huge surprise lol.

Next up = Howson, Scott, and Sutter. While your at it Paul Messier, Chiarelli's little brother and Greens stepson. Rid the club of any shred of nepotism.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hitch on Day 1. MacT in Week 3. ;) See my friends, patience can be rewarded. :thumbu:

I think MacT saw the writing on the wall and exited gracefully. I posted in an earlier thread that if Holland mirrors the Detroit hockey management structure there would be only 1 role for either MacT and Gretzky, one of them had to go, so while this should come as no surprise, this comes as a huge surprise lol.

Next up = Howson, Scott, and Sutter. While your at it Paul Messier, Chiarelli's little brother and Greens stepson. Rid the club of any shred of nepotism.

Nah, Holland probably told the guy that he's going to be fired if he doesn't look for another job first.

Reactions: KYams17 and frag2

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wasn't Holland doing meetings with everyone this week? I suspect there are a few that are going to be told this.

Holland doesn't strike me as an ultimatum guy. You'd have to be blind deaf and dumb (in other words, an Oiler pro scout) not to see the writing is on the wall. Holland announced at his presser that there will be changes, that he is not beholden to any old Oilers, and it was time to make new memories.

The rats are now leaving the ship before the exterminator comes through and "exploring opportunities elsewhere".

Kevin Lowe has also been neutered, this is right from Katz who said at the presser that the only persons who can call him regarding hockey matters is Nicholson or Holland.

A new day is arising and the dawn appears bright.

Last edited:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Hopefully by draft, Lucic is gone too. Not OBC but still OBC [Old Bruins Club]

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hopefully by draft, Lucic is gone too. Not OBC but still OBC [Old Bruins Club]

I doubt it would be by the draft because Lucic is owed $3M July 1. If Holland can swing a trade it will be after the signing bonus is paid. If he swings any trade this summer even where we eat half his salary I will be absolutely stunned. I think we are stuck with him for 1 more season then he is traded after July 1 2020.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I genuinely enjoyed Mac T as a coach, I think he's much better suited for that role.

Ironically, if he had fled when Chiarelli's Reign of Error began and coached in Europe, I wouldn't have been shocked if he was back in the NHL at this point.

I also give him credit for trying something different with the Eakins hire, even if it was a colossal failure. Perhaps he saw there was some issue with the organization because it seems very clear Eakins had a mandate to shake things up.

All the best, Craig, it would be nice to see you back in the NHL at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad