Video game sections you will never do again.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Unlocked a core memory with this one, I feel like I only got passed this level a handful of times. Do you get the Turtle Van after this stage?

I can't remember because I only got passed it a few times as well. I've still never beaten the game.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I've been playing Hollow Knight for an hour here or there lately. Once i beat this f***ing arena lvl 3 I'm never doing it again ever. JFC it's hard! I get to the part where there are spikes on the ground all the enemies are up in the air. Those f***ing little dart bugs can rot in hell.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I've gone back as an adult and this one is still difficult. Probably not the most difficult but it was probably the first time I ever became super frustrated with a game.

View attachment 869351
That underwater level is incredibly easy compared to the last two sections of the game.

That game had an absurdly irregular difficulty curve. Area 1 was too easy, 2 was harder due to the water, 3 and 4 are quite doable, and 5 and 6 are absolute grade A number one BULLSHIT.

• Haha
Reactions: PK Cronin

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

The bosses in Sonic Superstars. The bosses are so slow to do their cycles that you often have to wait 30+ seconds between opportunities to damage them. Combine this with one-hit deaths in later stages and a lack of checkpoints and you have an incredibly frustrating experience. Just look at the video above, a successful attempt at this boss takes almost 10 minutes and half of it is just waiting for a chance to attack. There are also points in this boss fight where you have to stand in a certain point on the screen with very little warning else you die instantly and have to redo another 5+ minutes of the same boring fight to get another chance.

I liked the stages and the game overall but the bosses are among the worst I've ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad