GDT: Coyotes VS Flames 7PM 3/15/2014

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
In 16 years of going to games, that Calgary Flames team is the most undisciplined team that I have ever seen.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Remember, this is the same team that started their 4th line against Vancouver and sparked a line brawl.

And they were the away team, so they submitted their starting lineup first, so it could be argued that they started it.

Yea, but upon reading a certain other thread (and discounting the occasional pot shot at our fans) one would think that the refs declared holy jihad against the Flames.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Yea, but upon reading a certain other thread (and discounting the occasional pot shot at our fans) one would think that the refs declared holy jihad against the Flames.

6 penalties in 1 period is pretty ridiculous, I kind of have to feel for them a little, but I did watch all 6 penalties live. They all deserved to be called, in my opinion. Now if they were saying that perhaps we could have gotten a few more, I might agree with them.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Looking ahead to plenty of Calgary fans, filling our empty seats, buying 50/50 tickets...and sitting on their hands for 2 1/2 hours...

Well, a little excitement for the visitors in the 2nd period, but the undisciplined penalties had them heading for the exits early in my section (even though the game wasn't over yet by any stretch)

If I counted correctly we're now 9-1-1 this season at home vs. Canadian teams (2 remaining vs WPG, EDM). Gotta love it. :handclap:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Went to the game. Had fun.

Once again, we play 40 solid minutes of hockey. 40. A hockey game is 60 minutes. Hello! If we play 60 minutes solid, we are playoff team and maybe can make a run. Instead we melt down in second period because guys start doing victory shots in the intermission or some such. Weird.

Mike Smith has been in his top form for the last five games. If we can stay at this level for the duration he gives us a good chance to make the playoffs.

Noticed Doan out a lot. Was effective. I've had to eat crow on the contract we gave him so far.

Congratulations to Summers. I was shocked he jumped into that play but good for him.

Also, riberio needs to ****ing shoot.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Well, a little excitement for the visitors in the 2nd period, but the undisciplined penalties had them heading for the exits early in my section (even though the game wasn't over yet by any stretch)

If I counted correctly we're now 9-1-1 this season at home vs. Canadian teams (2 remaining vs WPG, EDM). Gotta love it. :handclap:

I get more of a thrill out of beating the California teams. Like the Canadian anthem, though. Easy on the vocal cords.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Six minors in the third period alone.

Two by the same person one after another, both of which were directed at Halpern who didn't even touch the guy. Either one of the dumbest players I've ever seen (number 11, I think Backlund) or Halpern has the greatest troll face of all time.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Would be interesting to see our PP numbers with and without Hanzal in the lineup.

I was thinking this as well. We all know Hanzal is our most important forward 5 on 5, but apparently he is our most important player on the PP, too.

This team is a playoff team when healthy, but once you take one of our key players out we have no depth to replace them with and we turn into crap.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Two by the same person one after another, both of which were directed at Halpern who didn't even touch the guy. Either one of the dumbest players I've ever seen (number 11, I think Backlund) or Halpern has the greatest troll face of all time.

According to the Calgary board we're crazy, don't know hockey, and are the benefactors of an NHL reffing conspiracy to get the Coyotes into the playoffs.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Strolled on over to the Flames board and read all four pages of my GDT clone...four posts had me shocked...wow..wanted to post something but I will let them think their crazy thoughts because you can have a rational conversation with crazies.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Strolled on over to the Flames board and read all four pages of my GDT clone...four posts had me shocked...wow..wanted to post something but I will let them think their crazy thoughts because you can have a rational conversation with crazies.
I found all of those posts hilarious. Especially the NHL conspiracy one from the Winnipeg fan. :laugh: There's just something about the Coyotes winning that causes opposing fanbases to stoop to new lows. It's extremely amusing.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Hey cool we won. Sucks I missed it. I need to stop drinking. Did they show who won the 10 millionth fan stuff? Hope they had a Coyotes jersey on.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Went to the game. Had fun.

Once again, we play 40 solid minutes of hockey. 40. A hockey game is 60 minutes. Hello! If we play 60 minutes solid, we are playoff team and maybe can make a run. Instead we melt down in second period because guys start doing victory shots in the intermission or some such. Weird.

Mike Smith has been in his top form for the last five games. If we can stay at this level for the duration he gives us a good chance to make the playoffs.

Noticed Doan out a lot. Was effective. I've had to eat crow on the contract we gave him so far.

Congratulations to Summers. I was shocked he jumped into that play but good for him.

Also, riberio needs to ****ing shoot.

Couldn't agree more with everything here. Summers was super impressive on that goal though.

16,373 not bad

They gave out green ST Pattys day shirts to the first 10k, right?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Couldn't agree more with everything here. Summers was super impressive on that goal though.

They gave out green ST Pattys day shirts to the first 10k, right?

Those monstrosities would actually make me less inclined to go to the game. :laugh:

The good news, is that promotional giveaways like this are sponsored by outside companies, so the team doesn't spend money manufacturing the giveaway items. (mouser, you're very knowledgable when it comes to financial aspects of hockey, so I encourage you to correct me if I'm wrong)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
You gotta kidding me? :laugh:

You must not have seen the game. The Flames have some talent. Unfortunately the talent is concentrated in their HF members. On ice it's all "goonsville". Boston plays a heavy game. Calgary plays a dirty game. Tons of late hits and grab and clutch.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
For all those not at the game, Calgary plays a goon game away from the puck. The TV cameras tend to focus on puck play and not on the entire sheet of ice.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I found all of those posts hilarious. Especially the NHL conspiracy one from the Winnipeg fan. :laugh: There's just something about the Coyotes winning that causes opposing fanbases to stoop to new lows. It's extremely amusing.

They used to actually televise Glendale's city council meetings to Winnipeg, IIRC. Some people just can't get past the bitterness even though they now have a team of their own.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012

They must have missed the extremely weak tripping call on Halpern where he made light contact with the the shin pad and the Flames player went flopping.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
If there are empty seats for boring midweek games in AZ, it's proof that the state doesn't deserve a team.

If Coyotes fans are at the game and Flames fans are at home watching on TV but the Coyotes GDT is still 2 pages longer than Flames GDT ... what's that proof of?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad