GDT: Coyotes VS Flames 7PM 3/15/2014

Feb 12, 2003
We had a particularly outspoken Flames fan sitting near us. After a while it just started to make me laugh, so I would mockingly exaggerate calls. The puck was deflected off the ice by the Flames, "Hey that's a delay of game!".

I forget which poster it was from our group, but they interviewed her on the big screen talking about how she had been a STH since 1998. I remember talking to her years ago at some of the developmental camps, her screen name was something related to Landon Wilson at the time.

Aside from the goal I thought that Summers played his best game as a Coyote. It really speaks volumes that Tip had him out there in the last minute protecting the lead with the opposing goalie pulled and even on the PK.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
If there are empty seats for boring midweek games in AZ, it's proof that the state doesn't deserve a team.

If Coyotes fans are at the game and Flames fans are at home watching on TV but the Coyotes GDT is still 2 pages longer than Flames GDT ... what's that proof of?

We have our own webpage called Calgarypuck.com

That's where most of our users go. 15,000 members, over 4 million posts, so yeah..

Good game guys. You guys supported the tank :naughty:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
No wonder we have more posts--all the Flames fans are too busy lurking in our forum.

Stay warm, Calgary.

Well then, I'm not sure what I did to not "be warm", but whatever.

I guess having more posts than another team shows who's the bigger fanbase?

anyways, cheers! Thought it was an exciting game, and you guys played better than us for the majority of the game.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

That's where most of our users go. 15,000 members, over 4 million posts, so yeah..

Welcome!

We accept refugees from where all hope is lost, and there is no future for winning hockey for generations to come. We feel the pain of all you Flames fans.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

So cute..You own webpage for Flames fans. I looked at the page it is not as big as you a making it sound or trying to make it sound.From what you were saying I was expecting more but it looks just as active as the Flames section of HF.

Well then, I'm not sure what I did to not "be warm", but whatever.

I guess having more posts than another team shows who's the bigger fanbase?

anyways, cheers! Thought it was an exciting game, and you guys played better than us for the majority of the game.

He is probably saying to stay warm because your high for today in Calagary is 42 degrees. For us here in the valley that is still pretty cold.

Having more posts equals a bigger fan base (which was not even said) is not as bad as the comments about how Phoenix fans don't know anything about hockey..or how we cant tell the difference from and offside and an icing. Or even worse that we don't even know the teams name..The Coyotes fan base is a growing fan base with a very passionate core of fans.

I can't fault Flames fans for starting it but for Flames fans to continue it is ridiculous.

Last edited:

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Summers is the best skating dman we've had since David Tanabe. He knifed through the neutral zone on that first goal like it was warm butter.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Having Doan parked in front on the powerplay has been very effective the past 10 games or so. Doan surprisingly has great hand eye coordination. I like it.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Was it just me, or were they playing Werewolves of London as the goal song last night? Audio on CBC is terrible.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Was it just me, or were they playing Werewolves of London as the goal song last night? Audio on CBC is terrible.
They were. I'm as big a Warren Zevon fan as anybody, but give me "Howlin' For You" any day and twice on Sunday. Cool if there's a reason for the change or if there's a rotation of songs (Florence and the Machine, anybody?) but the Black Keys tune is perfect.
Summers is the best skating dman we've had since David Tanabe. He knifed through the neutral zone on that first goal like it was warm butter.
That praise is very high and very early ... better than Yandle? And Hale? And Rundblad? We were playing Calgary, so that particular neutral zone WAS warm butter.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
So cute..You own webpage for Flames fans. I looked at the page it is not as big as you a making it sound or trying to make it sound.From what you were saying I was expecting more but it looks just as active as the Flames section of HF.

He is probably saying to stay warm because your high for today in Calagary is 42 degrees. For us here in the valley that is still pretty cold.

Having more posts equals a bigger fan base (which was not even said) is not as bad as the comments about how Phoenix fans don't know anything about hockey..or how we cant tell the difference from and offside and an icing. Or even worse that we don't even know the teams name..The Coyotes fan base is a growing fan base with a very passionate core of fans.

I can't fault Flames fans for starting it but for Flames fans to continue it is ridiculous.

Maybe you saw the wrong page?

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/index.php

4.6 million posts, 15,000 members; the stats are at the bottom of the page. It's a lot more active than the Flames HF forum; the Flames HF forum is pathetic really.

Oh well, doesn't matter. I like the 'Yotes, and I hope you guys go far into the playoffs.

Cheers

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the average fan of the Phoenix Coyotes knows more about hockey than the average fan of a traditional hockey market, just because you're talking about a self-selecting group of people who actively took an interest in the team and sport and you're less likely to get the 'fan' who just defaults to hockey fan because the team is there and everybody else likes them.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the average fan of the Phoenix Coyotes knows more about hockey than the average fan of a traditional hockey market, just because you're talking about a self-selecting group of people who actively took an interest in the team and sport and you're less likely to get the 'fan' who just defaults to hockey fan because the team is there and everybody else likes them.
I don't think I agree with this. That is quite the stereotype.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I don't think I agree with this. That is quite the stereotype.

I, as a Coyotes fan, will admit I don't know that much about hockey. I have never ice skated, but I love hockey. I know some of the rules, understand that the tv timeout comes with the red light(thanks doaner). I don't know all the rules, but I know enough to understand the game and I'm happy to be a Coyotes fan.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I, as a Coyotes fan, will admit I don't know that much about hockey. I have never ice skated, but I love hockey. I know some of the rules, understand that the tv timeout comes with the red light(thanks doaner). I don't know all the rules, but I know enough to understand the game and I'm happy to be a Coyotes fan.

And that is all that matters.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!

Rules are what I enjoy. Haha. ;)

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

I get your train of thought, but actually, it would be quite a stretch. I have a 13-game plan in Section 213, and if that section is representative of the arena for hockey knowledge, then it is quite low. It's kind of sad to hear the excitement in the arena ramp up when a Coyote hits the blue line with speed on a 1-on-3.

I have been to some games in northern market teams, and have always been impressed at the level at which people know what's going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad