News Article: Mirtle: Maple Leafs Ownership Could Make Massive Changes if 'Really Disappointing First-Round Exit' Happens Again in the Playoffs

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
OKC Thunder went from having Durant, Westbrook and Harden all in their prime and blew it up
Now they have SGA and Chet and arguably the best young core in the NBA that is up and coming

It's not always doom and gloom to blow it up. The core 4 has not been able to get us to the next level

No guarantee that will happen.

Also, Harden last played there in 2012, it only took them 12 years to turn things around.

I'll pass.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Guess we'll have a better idea of these 'massive changes' tomorrow?

Reactions: ashs

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
heard its just a new menu for morning breakfasts on the road
french toast now !
I heard it’s free French toast when the Leafs win in the playoffs:
1715260757862.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: thinkblue

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
No lol. People for whatever reason are expecting these guys to come out with some blockbuster sayings. It's going to be the same cookiecutter answers as always.. "We didn't meet expectations, We have to continue building, We will take our time and weigh our options on what to do to improve the team".

Management won't back themselves into a corner by saying we will trade a certain players or we are going to do this etc, MLSE and management has been run like this for the past 10 years, I doubt how they go about their business changes tomorrow

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
My Humble Prediction of Headlines from Friday's "Blockbuster" Presser:

- Pelley says Shanahan has been doing a great job & his contract's been extended for 10 years
- Shanahan says Keefe has been doing a great job & his contract's been extended for 5 years
- Treliving announces Marner has agreed on a contract extension for 8 years $12M/per
- Treliving announces Tavares has been extended for 5 years @ $8.5M
- But they all acknowledge that there has to be accountability for all the losing so the Leafs Head Skate Sharpener Joe "Sweet Edge" McCoy has been relieved of his duties.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No lol. People for whatever reason are expecting these guys to come out with some blockbuster sayings. It's going to be the same cookiecutter answers as always.. "We didn't meet expectations, We have to continue building, We will take our time and weigh our options on what to do to improve the team".

Management won't back themselves into a corner by saying we will trade a certain players or we are going to do this etc, MLSE and management has been run like this for the past 10 years, I doubt how they go about their business changes tomorrow
My comment was tongue in cheek.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Shanahan job responsibilities altered or position changed in organization. with Pelley takes a more hands on role.
&
Keefe released and replaced.
&
Treliving given the green light to try and make changes including impacting the core 4 forwards going forward.

Would be a really good start to the Summer for Leaf Nation.

Reactions: The Masters

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Shanahan job responsibilities altered or position changed in organization. with Pelley takes a more hands on role.
&
Keefe released and replaced.
&
Treliving given the green light to try and make changes including impacting the core 4 forwards going forward.

Would be a really good start to the Summer for Leaf Nation.
Even if the bolded were true, would you expect them to announce it?

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
No but they can say "All options are on the table" and "Changes will happen"
Big difference from what they have said in the past if it were said. Also send a msg to the players
Maybe internally to the players at their exit meetings with the GM/President you can say that to them. Big mistake saying that publicly to the media, because at the end of the day you have now given yourself a hard deadline, and if they aren't good offers for players, you have to explain that in September.

End of the year media day are so useless, people need to let the GMS action do the talking, not hoping and wanting to hear something to comfort them.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No but they can say "All options are on the table" and "Changes will happen"
Big difference from what they have said in the past if it were said. Also send a msg to the players
I don't recall what they've said, I find these things pretty meaningless so I don't pay a lot of attention to the message. I do enjoy the overreactions here though. :laugh:
I also don't think they communicate to the players through the media, they would speak to them in person.

I would expect like you say, 'we'll look at everything....."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad