Coyotes' Tempe Arena Proposal Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Totally not for sale, right?

QC talking to Bettman, for sale and a move to Houston report recently. Now this.

The taxes will get paid one way or another. It’ll cost more for the league to make the arrangements. I just really don’t see how this team survives this year.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
There HAS to be something else going on. Like I said earlier, there's no way they can't pay that small of an amount when the owner is letting the GM take on contracts for draft picks. No way. There's more to this story we don't know yet.

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
And I thought this new ownership was finally the solution...seems Covid really harmed his cash flow.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
And I thought this new ownership was finally the solution...seems Covid really harmed his cash flow.

That can't be why they are delinquent on $1.5 mil. What's the annual operating budget for the Coyotes? Has to be over $100 mil...no? We're talking less than 2% of annual expenses.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That can't be why they are delinquent on $1.5 mil. What's the annual operating budget for the Coyotes? Has to be over $100 mil...no? We're talking less than 2% of annual expenses.
Westhead has stats on his Twitter of 2021 revenue at $66 million and a $33 million loss so your $100 million would be really close. Either way some really stupid decisions to get to here.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Well, he could just be a **** and doesn't care about optics at all, daring the City to do what it has done. This is not the first delinquent payment incident with Muerelo.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I love the trades BA did where we took on other teams unwanted salary, but we also signed some FAs. Jaskin's $3.2 mil could have paid the taxes and the team wouldn't be any worse off in the standings.

Reactions: Prarievarg and SR

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I just read that the COG is threatening to lock out the Coyotes if unpaid rent to the tune of 1.3million is not paid. Lockout date is 12/20/21. azcentral.com

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Well, he could just be a **** and doesn't care about optics at all, daring the City to do what it has done. This is not the first delinquent payment incident with Muerelo.

I could see this as either a negotiating tactic or petty tit for tat with Glendale, but apparently the team also owes state taxes.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

This is what i suspect to be (at least partially) the case here.

That they're most likely being an asshole just trying to bully down the amount due on a valid agreement between the team and the city, now that the bill is actually due. Glendale wants it's money as agreed to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias Maccete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad