Coyotes' Tempe Arena Proposal Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
well crap, down 1-0, not very well played by Veggie on that one...always better just to stay quiet and act big and let them make the mistake, rather than take yourself out of the net and let them have an empty net to shoot at.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
(Edit: link to it here. Coyotes towards the end)
Macramalla: Historically when the union digs in they tend to win

Listen to what he says about Ozanian. :laugh:

Pfft. Edmonton radio. "Houston is a growth opportunity they can't pass up". You know who the other one is? Atlanta. You know who the next one would be if they moved to Houston? Phoenix.

Although, encouraged to read in the other thread about the Tucson rink and Asu's will help too.
Boh last time I checked doesn’t make HFBoard rules.
As TL mentions they do have a set of "guidelines" they enforce ....sometimes. Like they used to really frown on "LOL" along with memes. Their interpretations of "sticking to the discussion" and "not insulting other posters" can be a little bendy at times, too. You can take a "thinly veiled swipe" and get away with it. You can also post bland content and hammer your agenda in your description, picking and choosing parts of the content that support your agenda and omitting that which doesn't. It's up to your detractors to pick it out.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Pfft. Edmonton radio. "Houston is a growth opportunity they can't pass up". You know who the other one is? Atlanta. You know who the next one would be if they moved to Houston? Phoenix.

Although, encouraged to read in the other thread about the Tucson rink and Asu's will help too.

As TL mentions they do have a set of "guidelines" they enforce ....sometimes. Like they used to really frown on "LOL" along with memes. Their interpretations of "sticking to the discussion" and "not insulting other posters" can be a little bendy at times, too. You can take a "thinly veiled swipe" and get away with it. You can also post bland content and hammer your agenda in your description, picking and choosing parts of the content that support your agenda and omitting that which doesn't. It's up to your detractors to pick it out.
Well thanks, sounds like a real sad place to hang out. I also live on the 48thstate, maybe will will look towards Houston for a place that invites discussion without bullshit.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
I don't understand why some think tank like Goldwater has so much power?
I don't know where they got it, but supposedly they have an enormous warchest. Enough money to hire the best lawyers and drag anybody into court.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I don't know where they got it, but supposedly they have an enormous warchest. Enough money to hire the best lawyers and drag anybody into court.

Think lots of donations from very wealthy people from out of the state. And their tax status allows them to keep those donations anonymous.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
BoH doesn’t have the make any rules. The current rules are ample enough for its moderator staff to kick someone out for dropping memes and other garbage into discussions there.

If you want to discuss actual business it’s the place to be. Memes and other junk posts are considered as “not adding to the discussion”. The standard for sticking to the topic runs very high there and if you want to FA there you will definitely FO.

Even I don’t question their decisions there.
Really now. I don't recall the fair and responsible folk that moderated the Arizona mega threads to have had any rules or control over the posts at all. Mess and garbage posts used to flourish there. Any rules were simply ignored when it came to the Coyotes.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Really now. I don't recall the fair and responsible folk that moderated the Arizona mega threads to have had any rules or control over the posts at all. Mess and garbage posts used to flourish there. Any rules were simply ignored when it came to the Coyotes.

Not going to get into that. It is what it is. If you don’t like how they do things then don’t go there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree. I just don't go there. Most of the posters are idiots and believe everything they read or hear and go from there. Social media will do that to ya. Most are brain washed by social media. We have quit using our brain. Hell, I bet 99% of the people couldn't tell you their home or cell # without looking at their phone.:)

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
The hell is the city of Tempe gonna think seeing that headline?

This f***in team, man…We defend it and defend it and come out looking like damn clowns every time. Are we just idiots for thinking this arena is gonna happen? Why would this arena happen if they can’t even pay their bills now?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Oof. How much do they owe? I was kind of hoping seeing that tweet from katie was just a hit piece attempt.
Craig says an article with details coming. Just how can this keep happening over and over??

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Easily avoidable headlines again for any decent ownership group with a bit of attention and care

It is all managed, all show

No doubt the next step is for these owners to play the victims yet again...

"Xavier, get to it"

Reactions: Kai Yo T

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Bettman/owners have to be tired of this organization embarrassing the league. Payment issues in the bubble were somewhat excusable. This is not. Will be interested to see the team’s response.

This feels like the end.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
All I can think is it's part of some negotiating tactic to get them to extend the lease another year. If they couldn't afford to pay that small of an amount, they sure wouldn't be eating bad contracts for draft picks. Has to be more to the story.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I knew this was gonna come back to haunt us when it matters most. You gotta pay your f'n bills.

Anyone still think we'll be signing another lease in Glendale? Is Tempe worried we'd stiff them too? Is any place we could play temporarily, willing to risk getting shafted?

So pissed at the way this team shoots itself in the foot all the damn the time no matter who's in charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Uncle Gary must have been very impressed when he got that phone call.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
All I can think is it's part of some negotiating tactic to get them to extend the lease another year. If they couldn't afford to pay that small of an amount, they sure wouldn't be eating bad contracts for draft picks. Has to be more to the story.

Who knows. But I think they just want their money. I sure as hell wouldn't sign another lease with someone that makes me have to take legal action against them to get paid.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Friedman says the City wants not only the present amount owing but extra to ensure the Coyotes don't leave a bill at the end of this season.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Even more concerning is that this broke more than an hour ago and the team has not responded.

Im really not in the mood for another canned “committed to staying in AZ” BS response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad