Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Jakob Chychrun to 6 year Extension ($4.6M AAV)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Domi did not want to be traded.
This may be true but it's apparent his father did.

I don't know what is fact and fiction regarding whether or not Domi was not well liked in the room and whether a trade was viewed as a must do from the perspective of the dressing room and management. It could very well be that Chayka was in a tough spot where he was being pressured to trade an asset at a discount. It's from that perspective that most of us believe in the upside of the return in Galchenyuk; especially if he can be a true top two line C.

Reactions: CLW

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Total speculation on your part.
No it’s not. He said he wanted to be here for life. He said it before and after the trade. He said he truly meant it. He said he truly meant it before and after. If you want to say he’s lying and he actually wanted out, you’re the one who needs to back that up with something. Not me.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
No it’s not. He said he wanted to be here for life. He said it before and after the trade. He said he truly meant it. He said he truly meant it before and after. If you want to say he’s lying and he actually wanted out, you’re the one who needs to back that up with something. Not me.
I once told a girl I was in love with her, when in fact I was in lust.

Reactions: zz

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What I heard was that Tie Domi was a total annoyance. Kind of funny Max gets dealt for a player with another (apparently) problematic father.

I see a little Subban in Domi. Flashy, but maybe a little too focused on building his brand?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Total speculation on your part.

He might have wanted to be traded. He might not have. There was never anything in the media other than unsourced rumors that he wanted to be traded, so I'd lean towards believing that he probably didn't want to be traded. We'll never know unless he comes out and admits that he requested a trade, and I doubt he will.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I see a little Subban in Domi. Flashy, but maybe a little too focused on building his brand?
That's actually one of the reasons I liked Domi so much. I don't care if he builds his brand considering the corner stone of said brand is being awesome at hockey. The Coyotes could really use someone like that. Someone that is actually good but is extremely marketable as well. Max is one of the few Coyotes who always passed the eye test, it's weird to me that Chayka moved him. Time will tell if it was the right move or not.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Chychrun day to day with an upper body...

51Ee2bF1pXL._UX522_.jpg

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If I recall, wasn't the Friedman wording that the Coyotes were going to try to accommodate Domi by moving him by the draft? That sounds like a trade request to me.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Chychrun injured again WTF!!!

ONE FRIGGING GAME WITH THE BIG, NEW CONTRACT ******&&&^&*/&/

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Is this guy a training freak who trains himself brittle/dysfunctional? Or is he just unlucky?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad