Coyotes Reverse Retro Jersey Discussion

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
I will definitely be buying one of these for myself and the fiance for Xmas. Excellent version.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I still don't love the trim of the RR jersey. Not gonna lie.

But I absolutely f***ing LOVE that purple.

Haha yea, the trim is definitely an ugly one in most measures. But for me it's one of those "It's ugly, but it's ours" kind of deals. Since this one was RR... I get why it's the same.

IF they do come up with a new jersey sometime soon... Definitely hope they design the trim better, haha.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
OMG it's so horrible. Orange and Suns purple with a traditional logo. Can't believe you guys like it. Completely not anything close to AZ colors unless you consider copying the Suns good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuhrious

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Yeah, it's pretty cool. We could have done a lot worse compared to what seems ended up with. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the most popular of the series. Now, can we just get a white kachina please?

As for the purple, Diamondbacks use it too. And the Coyotes used in the color before the Dbacks were here. Az has done the same thing with the color red.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
OMG it's so horrible. Orange Cacti and Suns purple with a traditional logo. Can't believe you guys like it. Completely not anything close to AZ colors unless you consider copying the Suns good enough.

I think it ended up purple because the fact of it being reverse retro.

If you look at green on a color wheel, it's opposite is technically red right? Well, Yotes already have red jerseys so that's probably one reason they didn't go that route. Purple or orange are the next colors that are close to the opposite, funny enough! So, either way they would have been accused of copying the Suns unless they chose red... which would be meh imo, especially with this design.

The trim didn't change color from what I can tell... the desert and gila monsters and cacti are all the same I think so the only change is the purple.

All that being said, if someone doesn't like it then that's personal preference and I get it. I just wanted to share a possible reasoning they went with that color because I also hope it wasn't to copy the Suns...that would be lame as hell.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I’ve always loved the dark green version the most- it looks so good with that copper orange. The purple turned out better than I expected though, so that’s cool. Either way, I’m glad to see the desert trim make a return. I can’t quite tell in the initial pictures, but does the desert trim extend all the way around the sleeve cuffs? Seems like there’s a lot of copper there without distinct mesa edges.

EDIT: just looked at the pre-order site. The desert trim does not extend to the sleeve cuffs... oh well. I’ll celebrate whatever I can. Love that they’re using more of the kachina, desert, and copper orange.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The purple color is pretty cool. Kind of an "electric" purple. The trim...god, it's so awful.
I agree. I like the purple. I hate the trim. Couldn't they tie in the Gila Monster better with something like this as the trim (but in the new colors):

IMG_6831_600x.jpg

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I agree. I like the purple. I hate the trim. Couldn't they tie in the Gila Monster better with something like this as the trim (but in the new colors):

IMG_6831_600x.jpg
See now that is sweet. That jersey with the Kachina head would get my money even if I had to buy the garbage quality Adidas/Reebok

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Is this jersey actually going to be worn in a game?

I would want to see the whole kit before too much "judging". I do like it for its uniqueness. I also liked the green version ( as a true alternative jersey - wearing only on special occasions).

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Is this jersey actually going to be worn in a game?

I would want to see the whole kit before too much "judging". I do like it for its uniqueness. I also liked the green version ( as a true alternative jersey - wearing only on special occasions).

From what I understand they will be worn a few times during the season.

They're also our opening night uniforms.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I like the purple more than anything with this jersey honestly. I’d be down to go to full time Kachina but replace green with purple. The green has always been my only reservation with the Kachina unis. Lots of purple in AZ Sports though with the Suns and the original Dbacks gear, then also if you include GCU.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00