Coyotes Reverse Retro Jersey Discussion

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm cool with purple, too. I through a hissy fit because I thought the teaser video was showing the actual design. Like we were suns purple with suns orange stripes and that's it. Which would be awful. Since then I realized that it was only hinting at some major color elements, without showing any hints of actual design components. So I'm done with my tantrum.

It's ok. I'll pick up the tantrum where you left off. Grrrrrr

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017

I see this circulating around Twitter... I know it is just one guys take on the hinted at jerseys, but I am not a fan lol. Hopefully it will be a little less "cartoony".

Reactions: RemoAZ

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Personally don't mind the purple so much... as long as it's not orange as well. I can do purple and copper though. AZ is the copper state so it is a regional thing.

I don't mind them taking a creative shot for this style of jersey because it's supposed to be "reverse retro"... it's not the new home/away or alternate jersey so the stakes are different for me.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Cool. Never understood the Gila Monster.

Well, just goes with the desert theme I suppose? AZ is one of the few places in the entire world that has em. It falls under the whole celebrate AZ thing... like the cacti, kachina patterns, southwestern style.

4VD9F8k8UxxqLTjyKskELGIgM5QhpRyAphIb3AE9c0SK5xMsuBr6acjTJxLS29b7vIRIFHG7gLvqMbkzHvWTY9cZ4SIvDnkysI9fZBpInQXpspig3aEQQuKk6W0tOKwlKS52pNzD

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well, just goes with the desert theme I suppose? AZ is one of the few places in the entire world that has em. It falls under the whole celebrate AZ thing... like the cacti, kachina patterns, southwestern style.

4VD9F8k8UxxqLTjyKskELGIgM5QhpRyAphIb3AE9c0SK5xMsuBr6acjTJxLS29b7vIRIFHG7gLvqMbkzHvWTY9cZ4SIvDnkysI9fZBpInQXpspig3aEQQuKk6W0tOKwlKS52pNzD
I'm familiar with the creatures. I've seen them in the wild. What do they have to do with the Coyotes? The paw print I get. The moon I get. The Gila Monster? What's the damn point?

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I'm familiar with the creatures. I've seen them in the wild. What do they have to do with the Coyotes? The paw print I get. The moon I get. The Gila Monster? What's the damn point?

Well, the way I make it work is this: Coyotes howl at the moon, which you accept. Coyotes also live in the desert that has saguaros and Gila monsters (at least the ones here in AZ do). Both are things the AZ Coyotes do right?

So if you look at that green jersey as an attempt to show what a coyote lives in... With the whole desert motif on the bottom, saguaro green, Gila monster shoulders, and the Coyote right in the middle of it all... I can see it making sense.

I suppose it's flimsy but I'm willing to accept it just so they can do stuff that embraces what AZ is about.

As for how it looks, that's up to personal preference haha!

Reactions: awfulwaffle

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I don't mind the gila monster shoulder logo, but it's an abstract art style, which, along with the desert landscape of that original jersey, doesn't mesh at all. As they appear to be using that logo, I hope the rest of the jersey fits that profile rather than the old one which was all over the place.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't mind the gila monster shoulder logo, but it's an abstract art style, which, along with the desert landscape of that original jersey, doesn't mesh at all. As they appear to be using that logo, I hope the rest of the jersey fits that profile rather than the old one which was all over the place.
If the trim has the look of native Arizona petroglphys like the Gila Monster, than suddenly there's some cohesion and I don't hate the lizard anymore. If they use a petroglyph shoulder patch, a kachina coyote, and MS Paint Clip Art trim, then it's just a damn mess.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Someone already leaked the Vegas jersey and after looking what they did I’m thinking this jersey is going to be the old kachina head jersey with the colors reversed.

54731ea58e196d204e3e5be29696dbc8.jpg
If they made the orange brown or copper I could live with this jersey. Purple is just stupid. Why do they want to be the Suns? The NBA sucks. If he wants to copy Sarver as an owner, we're going to suck even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad