Coyotes Reverse Retro Jersey Discussion

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Jesus they are all over the damn map. Who the hell is running this freak show?
If you’re referring to the crazy brim of the howling head cap, I believe that’s a very old design. Not a new release.

As for the reverse retro and all associated mercy, I think they literally just replaced green with purple on an existing design and did nothing else.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If you’re referring to the crazy brim of the howling head cap, I believe that’s a very old design. Not a new release.

As for the reverse retro and all associated mercy, I think they literally just replaced green with purple on an existing design and did nothing else.

The hat with the gecko or gila monster or whatever it is, is new too. We have to have the most uniforms and logos per years of existence in the league. Moon, lizard, howling coyote, standing kachina, kachina head, running coyote...and colors...light purple, dark purple, basic red, sedona red, orange, tan, light green, dark green...like I said, all over the map. I know they just want to sell more merchandise but come on. 3 killer versions, 2 Kachina, one regular coyote with authentic Arizona colors and be done with it.

Reactions: AJ171181

rt

May 13, 2004
The hat with the gecko or gila monster or whatever it is, is new too. We have to have the most uniforms and logos per years of existence in the league. Moon, lizard, howling coyote, standing kachina, kachina head, running coyote...and colors...light purple, dark purple, basic red, sedona red, orange, tan, light green, dark green...like I said, all over the map. I know they just want to sell more merchandise but come on. 3 killer versions, 2 Kachina, one regular coyote with authentic Arizona colors and be done with it.
But none of the design elements on the lizard hat are new, I guess was my point. But your point makes sense. I agree.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
But none of the design elements on the lizard hat are new, I guess was my point. But your point makes sense. I agree.

The theme of the release was Reverse RETRO. The idea was never to introduce new stuff, but to give old stuff a new look.

rt

May 13, 2004
The theme of the release was Reverse RETRO. The idea was never to introduce new stuff, but to give old stuff a new look.
I get it. I think they did a great job executing a creative vision that I find fairly suspect. lol. I think given the requirements and league strategy for this, the Coyotes nailed it. It's not my cup of tea. But that's the vision, not the execution.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Like some odd reverse retro kinda thing..... odd :laugh:

rt

May 13, 2004
Like some odd reverse retro kinda thing..... odd :laugh:
I was t saying they SHOULD have done anything by differently. I was responding to the idea that they’re doing all kinds of crazy new things, which they aren’t.

But I misunderstood his point which was that they’ve done too much over the last 24 years.

Tanic

Dec 28, 2003
Visit site
The hat with the gecko or gila monster or whatever it is, is new too.

The purple hat is new... green version been around for the last 20 years.

IMG_4335.jpeg

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I've never understood that. Are we the Arizona "sometimes" Lizards/Geckos/Gila Monsters? The moon at least ties in to the howling. Do Coyotes eat lizards? Hate when those little f***ers get in my house. I tell the dog it's his job to keep them out but he's not having it.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I don’t mind the purple, I don’t mind the Gecko/Gila Monster. I reallly love the Peyote Coyote head, thank that’s an amazing logo without the rest of the body (I like the rest of the body, but like the head much better.)

I hate the trim. Ruins it for me. Didn’t like it then don’t like it now. I wish they did a hybrid jersey without the cartoonish trim but I’m not upset about it. Should be fun to watch them on the ice and we may just be extra hard on ourselves/team. The entire hockey world seems to have it as a top 5 jersey, assuming for nostalgic purposes...which is kind of what the NHL was aiming for, so we nailed the assignment.

rt

May 13, 2004
I don’t mind the purple, I don’t mind the Gecko/Gila Monster. I reallly love the Peyote Coyote head, thank that’s an amazing logo without the rest of the body (I like the rest of the body, but like the head much better.)

I hate the trim. Ruins it for me. Didn’t like it then don’t like it now. I wish they did a hybrid jersey without the cartoonish trim but I’m not upset about it. Should be fun to watch them on the ice and we may just be extra hard on ourselves/team. The entire hockey world seems to have it as a top 5 jersey, assuming for nostalgic purposes...which is kind of what the NHL was aiming for, so we nailed the assignment.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Couple days late on this. But I love everything about ours. The purple, the trim, the Kachina head logo, the desert trim. Of the series, ours is one of the best.

And one with a lot of character too, while other teams of similar age like the Hurricanes or the Avalanche found nothing at all in their own history to use. The Coyotes really got this one right.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I personally love Colorado's reverse retro. The colors used aren't typically used throughout the NHL and I think they just blend beautifully on the old nordiques logo.

Reactions: RABBIT

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I miss Doaner so much.
You won’t for long!
Is it though? He's sneakily got the desertscape all bunched up to let every one know that part isn't worth seeing.
Noticed that too. Lol. Looks great there because you can’t see the cartoon desert. Oh well, I’m happy we weren’t a team that totally screwed the pooch.
I personally love Colorado's reverse retro. The colors used aren't typically used throughout the NHL and I think they just blend beautifully on the old nordiques logo.
Agreed, 100% my favorite jersey. I live in Colorado now and may just have to snag one. Will never be an Avs fan over the Yotes but they have always been a childhood favorite of mine cuz of their jerseys and Sakic. Think Quebec has the best jersey of all time, too. CO did a phenomenal job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->