Post-Game Talk: Coyotes @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
We do have a tough schedule remaining, but we will hopefully be healthy by then. I am looking at you Henrik and Jesper.

Having Lundqvist will make up for having a tough schedule.

I am a bit unsure though how Hank will look when he gets back, I mean, it just seems like he has been so jittery early during seasons etc (he was real shaky for Sweden early in the OGs for example).

Will he pick up where he left? Will it show that he is well rested? Will he need 10-20 games to get back into it???

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Talbot's like that MLB pitcher who probably needs to warm up a little better because they're always getting rocked in the 1st inning.

Another cheap goal less than a minute in?

Oh well. Team bailed him out.

Still took the rest of the team too long to turn it on last night. That game should be nowhere near as close as it is.

Two points is two points, and first place is first place :nod:

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Anyone else think the biggest issue last night was terrible ice ? There were times I saw guys who we know are fast (hags,Krieder) where they were pumping their legs and they looked slow as hell.

Sure they were still faster than everyone but even the puck seemed to be a chore to move.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Anyone else think the biggest issue last night was terrible ice ? There were times I saw guys who we know are fast (hags,Krieder) where they were pumping their legs and they looked slow as hell.

Sure they were still faster than everyone but even the puck seemed to be a chore to move.

Agreed.

Saw a lot of guys falling down for no reason as well.

I thought the ice was even worse for the Calgary game...I thought the main reason the game was 1-0.

I've said for years that one of the major reasons the Rangers struggle with mediocre to bad teams at home is the ice conditions, which actually help teams with significantly less talent.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
The sad part in all of this is. When fast is back, AV will almost certainly scratch stempinak over glass.

Can we start a petition to have glass traded on monday?

Still not sure why if that happens. Stempniak has 9 goals on the season and fits in really well with Moore on the 4th line.

Fast, Stempniak and Moore as our fourth line would be awesome.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The salt is real.

It's amazing how this team manages to keep winning without the guy who has carried them for a decade. Nice change of pace.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Why do I feel like alot of teams fanbases especially in our division just don't want to give credit where credit is due...huh? All these BS excuses(ie...easy schedule...refs favor us..yada yada yada). I realize like we all do that we get alot of publicity and **** but is the jealousy so overwhelming for these other teams fans that they just can't see the reality which is...we are a *** damn good team and we likely are going to break their hearts when all is said and done? I mean if you go on Islander board for instance, they actually think playing us in the playoffs is a good thing. I'm sorry but that's nuts!. Anyways, it's so nice to see our team playing so well and winning all these game especially withought our best player. This bodes well for us going forward.

Fans are usually delusional when it comes to their rivals. Also, the Isle fanbase have their heads up their own teams ass since they're actually good this year. They've been out of the playoff picture for so long that they think regular season record and head to head games mean anything come playoff time.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Holy **** Islander fans are a whiny bunch :laugh:
They are just pissed because they thought that the division was won in November. Hell, they were planning the parade route back then too.
Its awfully salty there in Uniondale...

soooo bitter lol

2rqzptg.jpg

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Still not sure why if that happens. Stempniak has 9 goals on the season and fits in really well with Moore on the 4th line.

Fast, Stempniak and Moore as our fourth line would be awesome.

I think AV bumped Stempniak up to the 3rd line near the end of the game (possibly because Miller was still hurting a bit? Dunno) so I'd think that shows he trusts Stempniak or thinks he's playing well. Real hard to say what AV will do with a healthy lineup.

Rangers didn't really play all that great last night, kind of looked lethargic and chasing it most of the night, but this is a real slog part of the season...you're 60 games in and haven't had a break in awhile and you're playing a game every other day, they're not all going to be perfect.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
This team is 8-1-2 since Henrik went came out of the lineup. Who would have thought we'd have that record 11 games in? I don't want to hear about some shaky goals or too many rebounds or too many scoring chances. This team believes in each other and their coach and knows how to win.

Yeah I just think where would Montreal be without Price for 3-4 weeks? Would they go on a 8-1-2 run? Probably not. The good thing is that this team doesn't live and die by Lundqvist anymore, though I think they will need him back and playing well if they want to make another cup run

GFiP*

Talbot's like that MLB pitcher who probably needs to warm up a little better because they're always getting rocked in the 1st inning.

Still took the rest of the team too long to turn it on last night. That game should be nowhere near as close as it is.

He's more like joba chamberlain. People were praising him because of tiny sample sizes, and when given more time, he got exposed.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
13 seems like a real number. If he had like 53 then he would probably change it next year.
I don't know, if 12 came available next year I wouldn't be surprised if he took it. Though I thought that about Marc Staal and 14 and that never happened.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Every goalie needs to face shots to get themselves into the game. The first shot on goal he faced was from a prime, high-percentage scoring spot on the ice. He would have had to make a great save to get that.

He definitely wants that first goal back, but the team can't be giving up looks that clean at any point of the game, let alone 40 seconds into the game.

Thankfully the team scored a bunch, and Talbot held down the fort for the rest of the game with 37 saves.

That team shouldn't have had anywhere near 40 shots. D has to tighten up going forward.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The salt is real.

It's amazing how this team manages to keep winning without the guy who has carried them for a decade. Nice change of pace.

I ran out and I need to season my filet for dinner tonight. Maybe I could borrow some from them?

Great to see this team in first place and doing so without Lundqvist. We win against easy competition with Henrik and no fans take us seriously. We win against tough competition with Henrik and we are still not taken seriously. We win against easy and tough competition without Henrik and we are still not taken seriously.

I am starting to think that we could go 4-0 in every series and win the Cup and we still wouldn't get respect. I love it.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Every goalie needs to face shots to get themselves into the game. The first shot on goal he faced was from a prime, high-percentage scoring spot on the ice. He would have had to make a great save to get that.

He definitely wants that first goal back, but the team can't be giving up looks that clean at any point of the game, let alone 40 seconds into the game.

Thankfully the team scored a bunch, and Talbot held down the fort for the rest of the game with 37 saves.

That team shouldn't have had anywhere near 40 shots. D has to tighten up going forward.

Ehhhhh the first shot was unscreened, he just didn't play it well. It happens but it wasn't exactly a great shot or a really "prime high percentage" area so much

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Disagree so much. So, so much.

Once again, Talbot beat far-post from the circle by a guy who's not even on his off-wing.

We've ran this circle before. Don't think we need to do it again.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Disagree so much. So, so much.

Once again, Talbot beat far-post from the circle by a guy who's not even on his off-wing.

We've ran this circle before. Don't think we need to do it again.

The whole play began because Staal's brutal turnover.

Talbot was surprised by it, and played it wrong. He needs to make that save, don't think I'm not saying that.

Circumstances that lead to chances like that need to be limited. Shots against have gone up since Talbot has taken over.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The whole play began because Staal's brutal turnover.

Talbot was surprised by it, and played it wrong. He needs to make that save, don't think I'm not saying that.

Circumstances that lead to chances like that need to be limited. Shots against have gone up since Talbot has taken over.

I understand you think he needs to make that save, and I appreciate that. But I do not agree with:

"The first shot on goal he faced was from a prime, high-percentage scoring spot on the ice. He would have had to make a great save to get that."

From the quote I originally responded to.

Here's a screenshot of Arcobello's face as he's getting fist-bumps from the team on the bench:

aholN1V.png

I'd .gif it, but I'm entirely too lazy and working on other hockey things at work right now ;)

Basically, he's doing a real life version of:

:dunno:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
for such a supposedly technically sound guy with great size, he gets beat a lot on mental mistakes. to me, thats nerves and a guy who realizes now what the pressure of being accountable for playing every night feels like. it weighs on you.

the whole blue line/far out shot stuff is just bad.

more importantly, he seems to give up the wtf goals at bad times.

he's been nothing more than average this whole run yet his record is what counts the most, and thats been fantastic. his results have been helped by us scoring at will on weak defensive opponents on many nights.

ill say it again, I'm looking forward to hanks return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad