Post-Game Talk: Coyotes @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
This team is 8-1-2 since Henrik went came out of the lineup. Who would have thought we'd have that record 11 games in? I don't want to hear about some shaky goals or too many rebounds or too many scoring chances. This team believes in each other and their coach and knows how to win.

This! It just some people can't come to terms that they were living in the fantasy world prior to that.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
What about 37? Would that suffice? :laugh:

how many of those were even great chances? how many simple shots did he bobble into the center of the ice or back to the other team that Henrik would have gobbled up.

ppl dont want to acknowledge that a big reason we give up chances is because our goalie isnt making the clean saves that lead to faceoffs, or regained possession.

thats one thing Henrik is elite at. not just making the save, but directing the save to open ice or to areas we can get to it. or intentionall directing it out of the rink to get a whistle.

He's got a .905 sv percentage since henrik has gone out...

3 or more in 8 out of 11 games.

Rangers are 5-1-2 in those 8 games...that's practically unheard of.. that kind of a win % in games where you give up 3 or more?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
This! It just some people can't come to terms that they were living in the fantasy world prior to that.

Let me ask you..how many ppl would think that in the last 11 games the Rangers....the NEW YORK RANGERS...would average 3.7 Goals per Game since henrik has gone out.

averaging nearly 4 goals a game. That...is....INSANE.

not the play of talbot...the play of the offense.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
how many of those were even great chances? how many simple shots did he bobble into the center of the ice or back to the other team that Henrik would have gobbled up.

ppl dont want to acknowledge that a big reason we give up chances is because our goalie isnt making the clean saves that lead to faceoffs, or regained possession.

thats one thing Henrik is elite at. not just making the save, but directing the save to open ice or to areas we can get to it. or intentionall directing it out of the rink to get a whistle.

He's got a .905 sv percentage since henrik has gone out...

3 or more in 8 out of 11 games.

Rangers are 5-1-2 in those 8 games...that's practically unheard of.. that kind of a win % in games where you give up 3 or more?

Talbot's Sv% in those 11 games since Henrik got hurt is .906 but if you look at AdSv% it's .910.

Either way Talbot's numbers since then are on par with goalie's like Halak, Howard and Rask. Those goalie's all suck too?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i'd love to read a quote from a teammate that says "if only our goalie would make an effing save or 2 we wouldnt have to score 4 or 5 every game to win"
I'm trying to find some quotes from Torts' playing days.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Talbot's Sv% in those 11 games since Henrik got hurt is .906 but if you look at AdSv% it's .910.

Either way Talbot's numbers since then are on par with goalie's like Halak, Howard and Rask. Those goalie's all suck too?

You are being very disingenuous here. Lundqvists Sv% is .922, Rasks is .919 and Howards is .917. There is a huge difference between .922 and .906.

No one is saying Talbot is a bad goaltender. The fact of the matter is he isn't on par with Hank. You can twist the statistics all you want but at the end of the day there is no denying that Hank is superior.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I thought John Moore had another solid game. He needs to stay in the lineup. No more rotating. Let the kid play.

And I'm not too upset with Cam. He has made big saves at times and other times he lets up soft ones. But the key is we're still getting wins while Henrik recovers. If we weren't winning we would be an a heap of crap.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
You are being very disingenuous here. Lundqvists Sv% is .922, Rasks is .919 and Howards is .917. There is a huge difference between .922 and .906.

No one is saying Talbot is a bad goaltender. The fact of the matter is he isn't on par with Hank. You can twist the statistics all you want but at the end of the day there is no denying that Hank is superior.

Going by those numbers Talbot is .915 not .906 this season.

Lundqvist's .922 and Talbot's .915 are close but they get even closer when you look at AdSv% which puts Lundqvist at .923 and Talbot at .922.
He is certainly on par with Lundqvist.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Pls the difference is <2%

ThatsNashty61*

I thought John Moore had another solid game. He needs to stay in the lineup. No more rotating. Let the kid play.

And I'm not too upset with Cam. He has made big saves at times and other times he lets up soft ones. But the key is we're still getting wins while Henrik recovers. If we weren't winning we would be an a heap of crap.

Agree 100%. At this point AV needs to make a choice and get either JM or MH playing every day in prep for the playoffs. It's not fair to Boyle and Klein who have to deal with this platoon. I would choose Moore AINEC.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Lundqvist's .922 and Talbot's .915 are close but they get even closer when you look at AdSv% which puts Lundqvist at .923 and Talbot at .922.

I don't care about ADsv%. I look at good old fashioned Sv%. There is a .007 difference. That is the difference between a good goaltender (Talbot) and an elite goaltender (Lundqvist). Talbot has a 2.49 GAA and Lundqvist has a GAA of 2.25. That is a pretty significant difference. Is that why you only stick to using one statistic to prove your point?

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs

Talbots sample size is a lot smaller than Hank's. Talbots percentages may go down if he was a starter, like the rest of those goalies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Anyone else think the biggest issue last night was terrible ice ? There were times I saw guys who we know are fast (hags,Krieder) where they were pumping their legs and they looked slow as hell.

Sure they were still faster than everyone but even the puck seemed to be a chore to move.

This was mandated by the League which determined that the Rangers were speeding beyond the legal limits and that was unfair to the rest of the league.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
To be fair, these 11 games have not exactly all been against the league's greatest. Most have been against non playoff teams and many against chumps.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
To be fair, these 11 games have not exactly all been against the league's greatest. Most have been against non playoff teams and many against chumps.

Very true. Rangers have had the schedule on their side since Hank went down. The next 6 games will be the real test.

@PHI, NSH, @DET, @CHI, @NYI, @WSH

I'd be happy with 6 points in that stretch.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Let me ask you..how many ppl would think that in the last 11 games the Rangers....the NEW YORK RANGERS...would average 3.7 Goals per Game since henrik has gone out.

averaging nearly 4 goals a game. That...is....INSANE.

not the play of talbot...the play of the offense.

I knew it. I already explained why.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Very true. Rangers have had the schedule on their side since Hank went down. The next 6 games will be the real test.

I would be happy with that if 4 of those points come from Nashville and the Islanders. I think we have a shot at the presidents trophy if we beat them and keep this play up.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I would be happy with that if 4 of those points come from Nashville and the Islanders. I think we have a shot at the presidents trophy if we beat them and keep this play up.

I'm more concerned with having home ice in the eastern playoffs. I don't think Nashville is coming out of the West anyway.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Happy with 6 :laugh:

We're the Rangers, we don't do 6. Unless its 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad