Coyotes Prospect Regular Season & Playoffs - 2015/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Jake Bean is playing on Canada's Sportsnet on Sunday. That might mean that NHL network will air it on Monday?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Love the OHL live app.

Wasn't my favorite viewing of Strome. Erie rolled 4 lines when the got an early lead. They were out shooting them heavily very early on. As in almost more goals than other team had shots. In the 2nd period.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Love the OHL live app.

Wasn't my favorite viewing of Strome. Erie rolled 4 lines when the got an early lead. They were out shooting them heavily very early on. As in almost more goals than other team had shots. In the 2nd period.

can you elaborate "wasn't my favorite viewing"?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
can you elaborate "wasn't my favorite viewing"?

He'd have a good shift. Then wait 4-5 mins before he sees the ice again as they rolled the other 3 lines. Never seemed to get into a flow. One good shift followed by a mediocre prolonged shift. Then a good one. Repeat.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
He'd have a good shift. Then wait 4-5 mins before he sees the ice again as they rolled the other 3 lines. Never seemed to get into a flow. One good shift followed by a mediocre prolonged shift. Then a good one. Repeat.

I felt that happened last year as well. McDavid got like double and triple shifted and Strome got left with erratic shifts.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'll have to re-listen to podcast. Bernhardt reiterated everything we have been saying about Perlini. Has power forward build but plays like a sniper. Issue this year with lack of a actual puck distributing Center.

Love that I saw the same thing. Reinforces.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Perlini's best game of the year tonight according to the Niagara coach.

Was at the game. He had a hell of a snipe on an individual effort. Watch the clip on the OHL site. Also added an empty netter.

Niagara's own John Scott dropped the puck for the ceremonial faceoff.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Dvorak with 0 points, London got shut out.

Tkachuk looked particularly invisible.

Jones had 1 breakaway and played pretty well I thought. Juolevi as well played pretty well, I could see him quarterbacking a PP in the NHL.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Just an FYI that Fischer had 10 SOG tonight. The team lost to Kitchener, but 10 SOG is remarkable.

Windsor got ****** by the OHL. lemeiux got a game misconduct and a 2 game suspension for perhaps the lamest slew foot ever called. Cool to see Fischer stepping up but they are in tough minus one of their top scorers.

At least McInnis will move on (assuming they beat the spitfires).

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Playoffs: Red Deer Vs. Calgary
Sunday, March 27, 06:00 pm (EST) on NHL Network USA

Consensus says we will not sign Bleackley, but if you want to take a look...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Playoffs: Red Deer Vs. Calgary
Sunday, March 27, 06:00 pm (EST) on NHL Network USA

Consensus says we will not sign Bleackley, but if you want to take a look...

I thought he had surgery and is out for the year?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sounds like he'll be better off in the AHL with Dvorak or MacInnis as his C and Fischer or Samuelsson on his other wing. :)

He needs to be hitting one timers instead of trying one man rushes that won't work in NHL and as evidenced by his stats this season rarely work in junior.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sounds like he'll be better off in the AHL with Dvorak or MacInnis as his C and Fischer or Samuelsson on his other wing. :)

Barring a lottery win, Dvorak will be on the big club next year. Maloney noted in the town hall that Dvorak is ready physically but isn't sure about how he will adjust to NHL speed. The only way to see how he does at NHL speed is to play him in the NHL. AHL speed isn't the same.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Barring a lottery win, Dvorak will be on the big club next year. Maloney noted in the town hall that Dvorak is ready physically but isn't sure about how he will adjust to NHL speed. The only way to see how he does at NHL speed is to play him in the NHL. AHL speed isn't the same.

While I agree, I think if it's up to choosing between Strome and Dvorak, and they're both equally ready, Strome should play in the NHL and Dvorak in the AHL. We can recall and reassign him when we want, whereas Strome just goes back to Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad