Coyotes Prospect Regular Season & Playoffs - 2015/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Wood interviewed in 2nd period. Big kid but he's a kid. 2 second assists.

Strome had a better game. some great puck distribution at times.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Just curious, but does anybody else see Dvorak playing on the big club next season? I really don't see him playing in Springfield next season.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
It will depend on whether or not we re-sign Tanguay (possibility), Chip (hope not), Gordon (pass), Tikhonov (doubtful), Plotnikov (maybe), and/or Sekac (slight possibility), but I think it will be decided in camp.

Since we shouldn't necessarily be planning on making the playoffs next season, I could see him make the club; it may not be as a Center, but I think he makes it from what I've heard.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
It will depend on whether or not we re-sign Tanguay (possibility), Chip (hope not), Gordon (pass), Tikhonov (doubtful), Plotnikov (maybe), and/or Sekac (slight possibility), but I think it will be decided in camp.

Since we shouldn't necessarily be planning on making the playoffs next season, I could see him make the club; it may not be as a Center, but I think he makes it from what I've heard.

I dont know about him being a centre to be honest, the guy is awesome playing right wing, especially when he's on the PP. Wildly accurate shot.

Tanguay and Sekac are the only ones I think are likely to be on the team next season to be honest. I dont see Tikhonov, Plotnikov, or Chipchura really being back. Gordon... should just retire now that we have Richardson.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Training camp will answer these questions. I think Strome is a lock, at least I hope so, but from there who knows.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I dont know about him being a centre to be honest, the guy is awesome playing right wing, especially when he's on the PP. Wildly accurate shot.

Tanguay and Sekac are the only ones I think are likely to be on the team next season to be honest. I dont see Tikhonov, Plotnikov, or Chipchura really being back. Gordon... should just retire now that we have Richardson.

Dvorak plays center.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

I don't know, I think Plotnikov has a decent chance assuming he keeps up his solid heavy board play these last handful of games.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't know, I think Plotnikov has a decent chance assuming he keeps up his solid heavy board play these last handful of games.

It bears mentioning that Plots was the only player to go after Gudas with some heavy hits late in the game on Saturday. He's really doing the dirty work lately.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The problem with plotnikov is he kind of sucks at everything besides hitting. He does hit a lot though.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Face it, we need the grit and muscle. We can't be just a skating team.

Agreed, but sekac can also hit and doesn't suck at everything else. I agree with the idea of more toughness but if the guy is going to useless for everything else I don't think he should have a spot. If we're going to get someone solely for grit and muscle we should get a giant goon.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The problem with plotnikov is he kind of sucks at everything besides hitting. He does hit a lot though.
I disagree that he can only hit, he actually seems decent at board play, particularly when it comes to tying up the puck in the corners. Hitting and grinding down low is a solid skill set for a 4th liner. I don't know if it's a enough to keep him but I think he's far more effective than a goon.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I disagree that he can only hit, he actually seems decent at board play, particularly when it comes to tying up the puck in the corners. Hitting and grinding down low is a solid skill set for a 4th liner. I don't know if it's a enough to keep him but I think he's far more effective than a goon.

Yeah he's good in the corners, but when he touches the puck he often kills offense. I just think if you're going to get someone to hit and be physical we could do better.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Since we shouldn't necessarily be planning on making the playoffs next season...

Next years club should be better than this year...ergo the playoffs are a realistic possibility.

Besides the anticipated rookies, what will give us a better indication will be the trades and FA acquisitions in the off season.

Need ownership to bump up team payroll a little bit as well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

It bears mentioning that Plots was the only player to go after Gudas with some heavy hits late in the game on Saturday. He's really doing the dirty work lately.

Plots might earn a contract at this rate.

Face it, we need the grit and muscle. We can't be just a skating team.

This evaluation period is good, but I say give them a try out for camp with the rest of the kids and see what happens. I don't sign any of those three at the moment.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

He has done quite well in that area. If we do sign any of the three it better be a two way contract.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Wood with a four point night, 7 points in three games

Strome with three more points, Erie about to go up to 3-0

Garland with three as well, Moncton about to go up 3-0

Edit; make that five points for Wood

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Wood with a four point night, 7 points in three games

Strome with three more points, Erie about to go up to 3-0

Garland with three as well, Moncton about to go up 3-0

Edit; make that five points for Wood

Starting to really like the value we got for Boeds. Especially if we resign Tangs and he continues his play from this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad