Coyotes Prospect Regular Season & Playoffs - 2015/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Can we atleast wait for Murphy to grow into his body before we label him a 4th dmen at best. Dmen take longer to develope and he still looks like he's 17. He could really turn into a nice physical dmen when he fills out

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Have to think both Strome and Dvorak make team next year.

Our returning salary numbers appear to be close to $26.5 M (I think that this uses AAV)

Smith: $5.67M
OEL: $5.50M
Vermette: $3.75M
Michalek: $3.20M
Hanzal: $3.10M
Richardson: $2.08M
Domi: $0.86M
Duclair: $0.77M
Martinook: $0.61M

We also have Pronger's and Vitale's cap hits as well, which would total an additional $6M or so.

Following are RFAs that I believe are going to be re-signed (?? regarding status as RFA or whether we will resign or not):

Stone
Sekac??
Murphy
Rieder
Tinordi??
Connauton??
Domingue
Dahlbeck
Szwarz??
Gaudet
Plotnikov??

That seems close to $10 - 14M for players likely on one ways: Stone, Murphy, Rieder, Domingue, Dahlbeck, Gaudet.

So maybe $42.5 - $46 M in cap hits before UFA season??

Doan comes back at $2 - 3M
Dvorak and Strome make team: $2M combined

So, my guess is we will be somewhere around $49 - 51M assuming we keep Pronger and Vitale's contracts. So, $5 - 9M to put us at $56 - 60M in total salaries?

Target Goligoski, Hamhuis, Polak, Quincey, or Demers in FA.

Explore for a top 4 R or LHD - whichever we don't get from who we target in FA. Not saying that this is the ideal scenario, but again, our C depth is pretty loaded: Hanzal, Vermette, Richardson, Strome, Dvorak, Gaudet, Dauphin, MacInnis. If we had to give up Hanzal and his smaller contract for a top pairing RHD or 2nd pair LHD (contracts will likely be $1-3M above Hanzal's for another 2-4 years), we can add some back-end gritty forward types for about $1M per year and still wind up in that $57 - 60M range. Hanzal, Dahlbeck, and NYR 1st round pick may be able to get us someone for another 2-4 years that we can rely on in the back end.

That will allow us to keep Plotnikov and add another player like Mike Brown or Dale Wiese.

Last edited:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
OHL:
Niagara (Perlini) vs. Ottawa
North Bay (Wood) vs. Peterborough
Erie (Strome) vs. Saginaw
London (Dvorak) vs. Owen Sound
Kitchener (MacInnis) vs. Windsor (Fischer)

Q:
Moncton (Garland) vs. Victoriaville

WHL:
Edmonton (Mayo) vs. Brandon (Edmonton beats Medicine Hat to clinch the #8 spot, but have to go up against the WHL killers in Wheat Kings and Provorov)
Portland (Hill) vs. Everett

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Would anyone be interested in pooling together to watch the OHL playoffs with me?

I have paypal but don't have a credit card - thought some might be interested in watching if we split the cost.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
I'd consider it for sure, depending on the cost.

$130 (CAN)

if we want to watch all the games across teams/conferences and rounds.

with 5 people that's about $25 per.

Can also watch per team for round 1 for $25 (CAN) so about $5

it depends on how many people who are interested, but I wouldn't mind chipping in a little more than the average...was going to do it myself but again, no credit card :cry:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Stats will be updated nightly...too much fun watching and keeping track of the kids. Stats are updated on page 1

MacInnis 3pts (2g 1a)
Fischer 1pt (1g)
Perlini 0pts (6 shots though, most on the team <trying to keep it positive> haha)
Mayo 0pts

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I watched Kitchener-Windsor. The game was outstanding 6-5 Kitchener overtime win.

MacInnis was awesome. When I saw him last season he was impactful but underwhelming. At that time he would glide and lurk, relying on his smarts to get him in good position (much like Strome). Now he's a workhorse, using his legs to push the play. With his skill level and frame, I think he'll adjust to the A pretty quickly and earn a spot with the Yotes not long after.

Fischer didn't have his best game. Kind of invisible. He wasn't the forechecking demon I saw earlier this season.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I watched Kitchener-Windsor. The game was outstanding 6-5 Kitchener overtime win.

MacInnis was awesome. When I saw him last season he was impactful but underwhelming. At that time he would glide and lurk, relying on his smarts to get him in good position (much like Strome). Now he's a workhorse, using his legs to push the play. With his skill level and frame, I think he'll adjust to the A pretty quickly and earn a spot with the Yotes not long after.

Fischer didn't have his best game. Kind of invisible. He wasn't the forechecking demon I saw earlier this season.

I wonder if Fischer is worn down, don't they play a lot less games at the us development league he was in last year?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

MacInnis had a great camp. He is our Hanzal replacement.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I wonder if Fischer is worn down, don't they play a lot less games at the us development league he was in last year?

Give Fischer a break guys. It's only the first game of the playoffs and he did score a goal. Wait until his year is finished and then judge his performance.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Give Fischer a break guys. It's only the first game of the playoffs and he did score a goal. Wait until his year is finished and then judge his performance.

Not saying he sucks or anything, no need to come to his defense. It's just when a player is known as a high energy guy and doesn't play like it my first thought is injury or fatigue. I doubt he would take a game off, especially a playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad