Coyotes Prospect Regular Season & Playoffs - 2015/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I hope it's because he was sick or hurt. I like his game in the bottom six. We need a guy like that.

Well, we needed chip in the lineup to help us decide whether to re-sign him for 3 or 5 years. :sarcasm:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, we needed chip in the lineup to help us decide whether to re-sign him for 3 or 5 years. :sarcasm:

Chip will go completely unsigned and take a Swiss league deal, only to be brought back by Tipp before training camp when all the youth, speed, and skill makes him anxious.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It is funny how AZ just happens to be the only team in the NHL that wants anything to do with Tippett's favorite players who all turn out to be AHL caliber in reality.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The funny part is our commitment to those guys on the powerplay, etc. It's one thing to have a particular preference for a style of 4th liner (Moss, Kennedy, Chip over Plotnikov, Scott, Bissonette, etc). It's another thing altogether to play those cast offs in the top six and on the powerplay. And then watch them go completely unsigned elsewhere by teams with NHL-level evaluators.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Tippett loves his clones. That will never change. If Maloney insists on keeping him around, he could at least save him from himself and keep them off the roster. I think we could have a winner with Tippett at the helm if he'd be willing to work his system with a lot more offensively gifted players that will take more coaching and patience. Only having one line that can be consistently dangerous and then braking them up all the time for reasons only he could rationalize isn't going to cut it.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
It is funny how AZ just happens to be the only team in the NHL that wants anything to do with Tippett's favorite players who all turn out to be AHL caliber in reality.

Moss is so bad, he wasn't even considered AHL caliber this year. He got cut by the Milwaukee Admirals months ago and is back playing in Switzerland.

This is the same player, who just several months earlier, was being used by Tippett as the sixth attacker in end game situations, and a year earlier, was stapled for basically the entire season to a guy who was brought in to be our top-line center.

That tells you everything you need to know about Tippett's player evaluations.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tippett is a great evaluator of talent, he just thinks it's 1995.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Let's keep the Tippett stuff in the Management thread. This thread is for Coyotes prospects.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Is that 3 goals in 5 games. Nice. Looking forward to seeing Perlini in camp next season.

Yep. 1 was an empty netter but it's good to see that his game seems to come on in the playoffs.

Not bad. I read somewhere he was getting shots but no goals. Hope he does well at training camp. I love his speed.

Perlini's 28 shots rank 2nd in the playoffs. The leader has 34 shots.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Other OHL stats tonight:

Wood 1A

MacInnis 1G 3A (now has 3G 6A in 5 playoff games)

Fischer 1A - his year is done as Kitchener knocks out Windsor. Hope Fischer gets a look in Springfield.

Dvo - 1G 1A

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
Other OHL stats tonight:

Wood 1A

Fischer 1A - his year is done as Kitchener knocks out Windsor. Hope Fischer gets a look in Springfield.

Dvo - 1G 1A

Fischer had a great year. I can see him being a guy that in three years people are kicking themselves for not taking him much earlier in the draft.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Yep. 1 was an empty netter but it's good to see that his game seems to come on in the playoffs.

Perlini's 28 shots rank 2nd in the playoffs. The leader has 34 shots.
Maybe he'll be one of those Claude Lemieux or Justine Williams type players that seem to come alive in the postseason.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Other OHL stats tonight:

Wood 1A

Dvo - 1G 1A

Is MacInnis eligible for the AHL next year?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Shot generation is great but at some point getting a bunch of shots but not scoring is still worrisome.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
MacInnis is in the same window as Perlini and Dvorak. It's either NHL or AHL next year for him. Too old to go back to the OHL.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Shot generation is great but at some point getting a bunch of shots but not scoring is still worrisome.

It's not getting shots that would worry me. If he is getting shots, the effort is there, but maybe the luck isn't. Perlini had a terrible camp last year but with his skating and his shot it is way to early to give up on him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
MacInnis is in the same window as Perlini and Dvorak. It's either NHL or AHL next year for him. Too old to go back to the OHL.

Good. I thought MacInnis had a great camp and he continued that throughout the season.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Coyotes Camp this year should be super competitive. Wish I lived closer to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->