Coyotes Prospect Regular Season & Playoffs - 2015/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
With the way Maloney has been salivating over both, I expect both to be on the roster.

I hope so, but let's remember how much salary Maloney's going to need to replace after UFA this July to get above the cap floor - he may have to fill slots with overpaid veterans in order to have a relatively low-salaried rookie jump into the lineup.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Anyone think Max Jones has potential to be another Fischer? Think of a Jones, Fischer, Strome line and try not to get excited.

Slightly different skill sets, but I like Jones an awful lot. Very difficult to wrangle him.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I hope so, but let's remember how much salary Maloney's going to need to replace after UFA this July to get above the cap floor - he may have to fill slots with overpaid veterans in order to have a relatively low-salaried rookie jump into the lineup.

I don't think we're losing much money this year, are we? $15M or so comes off the books, but we're going to give a bunch of kids raises of some sort (Stone, Murphy, Rieder, plus whoever from the dline carousel that they keep). Doan comes back at lower money, probably. Chipchura will be back at Gordon's 3M because where would we be without Chipchura. Who knows who else they keep because they are "good guys". Realistically, we've got 4-8 million to play with, maybe? Yandle. Boom, done. We're at the same money as this year.

And/or we trade for a veteran dman for peanuts, like we did for Grossman.

I'm not worried about hitting the cap floor.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Step 1: Give Jaromir Jagr a blank check for 1 year.
Step 2: Ignore every other free agent, and open up a ton of slots for rookies
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Step 1: Give Jaromir Jagr a blank check for 1 year.
Step 2: Ignore every other free agent, and open up a ton of slots for rookies
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

You should type in blue, it would make more sense.:)

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Anyone think Max Jones has potential to be another Fischer? Think of a Jones, Fischer, Strome line and try not to get excited.

Jones is one of my favorite prospects over recent times so I'm a little biased, but I would be ecstatic if we could draft Jones with the NYR pick, and Debrincat in the 2nd.

Jones is actually an even better prospect than Fischer IMO.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
All I hope for is a largely young player team next season. Let's see what we can do prospect-wise...

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Reider - Strome - [vet UFA]
Dvorak - Vermette - Doan
Martinook - Richardson - Plotnikov

OEL - [RHD]
[vet UFA] - Murphy
Connauton - Michalek

Domingue
Smith

Forward Line 2--Sign a pricey RW (preferably a righty). If we can't find a RW, keep Reider there and sign a pricey LW
Defensive Line 1--Sign a pricey RHD (two way defender or defensive d-man)
Defensive Line 2--Sign a veteran LHD.
Veterans on almost every line (Hanzal, Vet UFA, Doan, Richardson, new vet LHD, Michalek).
Stone may have to be moved to improve one of our other areas (1st line forward, 2nd line forward, 1st line D, and 2nd line D).

Youngsters (7 forwards, 4 D, 1 G)
Vets (5 forwards, 2 D, 1 G)

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
All I hope for is a largely young player team next season. Let's see what we can do prospect-wise...

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Reider - Strome - [vet UFA] Perlini or H.Samuelsson
Dvorak - Vermette - Doan
Martinook - Richardson - Plotnikov

OEL - [RHD]
[vet UFA] - Murphy Chychrun or Sergachev or Juolevi
Connauton - Michalek

Domingue
Smith

Forward Line 2--Sign a pricey RW (preferably a righty). If we can't find a RW, keep Reider there and sign a pricey LW
Defensive Line 1--Sign a pricey RHD (two way defender or defensive d-man)
Defensive Line 2--Sign a veteran LHD.
Veterans on almost every line (Hanzal, Vet UFA, Doan, Richardson, new vet LHD, Michalek).
Stone may have to be moved to improve one of our other areas (1st line forward, 2nd line forward, 1st line D, and 2nd line D).

Youngsters (7 forwards, 4 D, 1 G)
Vets (5 forwards, 2 D, 1 G)

That's right

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't think we're losing much money this year, are we? $15M or so comes off the books, but we're going to give a bunch of kids raises of some sort (Stone, Murphy, Rieder, plus whoever from the dline carousel that they keep). Doan comes back at lower money, probably. Chipchura will be back at Gordon's 3M because where would we be without Chipchura. Who knows who else they keep because they are "good guys". Realistically, we've got 4-8 million to play with, maybe? Yandle. Boom, done. We're at the same money as this year.

Maloney's going to get us to the cap floor but in order to do it he has to pay (or overpay) a few UFA to get us there, or trade for someone's wildly impractical salary from somewhere else. Stone, Murphy, and Rieder have earned raises but I can't see them reaching the $3M - $3.5M mark that Grossman and Gordon both command. And I am still on the record believing that Yandle is the ultimate Coyote fan pipe dream.

Now, if we were to pay Steven Stamkos... :laugh:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Getting to the floor or close to our budget is easier if we're adding an RFA like Jacob Trouba and giving him that big contract. Like Calgary did last year with Hamilton.

Worst case scenario, we can always have another team pay us to take their problem (Pronger 2.0), or just overpay Shane Doan. And of course, sign Yandle.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
He's the only one I'd consider throwing in right away, the others no chance. Even chychrun would probably benefit from another year in juniors though.

If I drafted Chychrun, I'd encourage him to go play for Zurich. He's ready for mens league but I would not want the NHL spotlight on him.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
If I drafted Chychrun, I'd encourage him to go play for Zurich. He's ready for mens league but I would not want the NHL spotlight on him.

Any chance we see more players with high draft pedigree doing this before their draft years? Allows them to play pro in North America right after they got drafted right?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Not a big fan of believing that Perlini or H. Samuelsson are ready for second line duty. I also think we need one more vet in the forward lines (preferably one each):

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Reider - Strome - Doan (if not investing in a new vet UFA)
Martinook - Richardson - Dvorak
Plotnikov - Vermette - H. Samuelsson (I don't think Perlini will be ready next season)​

I can't see adding another young player to the D-lines unless we move someone else. So, if one of Chychrun, Sergachev, or Juolevi is NHL-ready, we'd need a Veteran RHD to go along with him:
OEL - Murphy (Not a big fan of continuing with Murphy here, we need an upgrade for OEL)
Chychrun - Stone {or UFA Veteran RHD}
Connauton - Michalek

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
Not a big fan of believing that Perlini or H. Samuelsson are ready for second line duty. I also think we need one more vet in the forward lines (preferably one each):

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Reider - Strome - Doan (if not investing in a new vet UFA)
Martinook - Richardson - Dvorak
Plotnikov - Vermette - H. Samuelsson (I don't think Perlini will be ready next season)​

I can't see adding another young player to the D-lines unless we move someone else. So, if one of Chychrun, Sergachev, or Juolevi is NHL-ready, we'd need a Veteran RHD to go along with him:
OEL - Murphy (Not a big fan of continuing with Murphy here, we need an upgrade for OEL)
Chychrun - Stone {or UFA Veteran RHD}
Connauton - Michalek

Why are people so willing to phase out Stone? With so much emphasis on RHD RHD Stat wise his line is looking pretty similar to Yandles, better than Trouba's. As many assists as Buff. Would probably be even better if we didnt dick around with boeds on the point as long as we did. Yet he doesn't even make 2 mil / yr (yet)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Getting to the floor or close to our budget is easier if we're adding an RFA like Jacob Trouba and giving him that big contract. Like Calgary did last year with Hamilton.

Worst case scenario, we can always have another team pay us to take their problem (Pronger 2.0), or just overpay Shane Doan. And of course, sign Yandle.
There's also the possibility of extending Hanzal.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Why are people so willing to phase out Stone? With so much emphasis on RHD RHD Stat wise his line is looking pretty similar to Yandles, better than Trouba's. As many assists as Buff. Would probably be even better if we didnt dick around with boeds on the point as long as we did. Yet he doesn't even make 2 mil / yr (yet)

My personal observation is that he is too offensive minded and makes several defensive mistakes (although not as many as Yandle did). I like D-men to focus on their position first and then develop their scoring touch.

Looking at the lines, we have OEL, Connauton, and Stone as offense-oriented D-men, so we should never pair two of them together (except on the PP). That leaves Murphy and Michalek as our other roster D-men (Dahlbeck is marginal).

I only "phase him out" because he has the greatest value of the players I'd be willing to move and could possibly land us a Veteran D-man or 2nd line forward. I think Murphy is more skilled (defensively), no one would really want Connauton (for a good return), Dahlbeck is inconsistent at best, and Michalek would be difficult to move (salary and the fact that we need at least 1 veteran D-man).

Value to the team:
  1. OEL (umm, he's OEL)
  2. Murphy (Strong defensive and physical D-man)
  3. Stone (Offensive player but sketchy on defense)
  4. Michalek (Defensive D-man)
  5. Connauton (offensive but inconsistent)
  6. Dahlbeck (inconsistent and struggling--needs one more year in the A)
  7. Grossmann (slow and too expensive--please don't re-sign)
So, I don't see him as an inferior player, but more as our most valuable D-man (OEL is untouchable) to help the team improve.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
My personal observation is that he is too offensive minded and makes several defensive mistakes (although not as many as Yandle did). I like D-men to focus on their position first and then develop their scoring touch.

Looking at the lines, we have OEL, Connauton, and Stone as offense-oriented D-men, so we should never pair two of them together (except on the PP). That leaves Murphy and Michalek as our other roster D-men (Dahlbeck is marginal).

I only "phase him out" because he has the greatest value of the players I'd be willing to move and could possibly land us a Veteran D-man or 2nd line forward. I think Murphy is more skilled (defensively), no one would really want Connauton (for a good return), Dahlbeck is inconsistent at best, and Michalek would be difficult to move (salary and the fact that we need at least 1 veteran D-man).

Value to the team:
  1. OEL (umm, he's OEL)
  2. Murphy (Strong defensive and physical D-man)
  3. Stone (Offensive player but sketchy on defense)
  4. Michalek (Defensive D-man)
  5. Connauton (offensive but inconsistent)
  6. Dahlbeck (inconsistent and struggling--needs one more year in the A)
  7. Grossmann (slow and too expensive--please don't re-sign)
So, I don't see him as an inferior player, but more as our most valuable D-man (OEL is untouchable) to help the team improve.

Fair enough. I guess I just prefer the bird in hand.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
1 - OEL (umm, he's OEL)
2 -
3 -
4 - Murphy (Strong defensive and physical D-man)
5 - Stone (Offensive player but sketchy on defense)
6 - Michalek (Defensive D-man)
7 - Connauton (offensive but inconsistent)
8 - Dahlbeck (inconsistent and struggling--needs one more year in the A)
9 - Grossmann (slow and too expensive--please don't re-sign)

Fixed it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad