Prospect Info: Coyotes Prospect Development Camp 2016 | July 4-8

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
but Lindsay's much easier on the eyes :) She's good too.

Just bring back the Ride Now chicks on the concourse and the girls in skimpy outfits to clean the ice for eye candy. The morons that got rid of them were probably the same ones that ruined the awesome nachos!

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Haven't seen a single player here with valid inside info. Not the poster whose brother roomed with Boedker, nor the poster whose gf tindered OEL, nor armchair scouts courting junior GMs in smoky OJL backrooms.

I don't get any inside info that anyone else would get. My bros in Sweden with Oliver as we speak, they're good friends, outside of that I've have had maybe a couple handful conversations with Oliver and a few matches of ping pong at his house before they all went to Vegas when the season ended.

I don't typically ask my bro to ask him about anything hockey related. Not my place to ask nor does Oliver have any more info than the others reporting.

The only things I've ever been informed of was that barroway and co took Doan, Smith, Oliver and Tippet to lunch to see what arena site they all liked and that was months ago.

There's other random stuff that really doesn't matter that also never came to fruition that he's told me, but I'm in the same boat as most when it comes to any insider knowledge.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't get any inside info that anyone else would get. My bros in Sweden with Oliver as we speak, they're good friends, outside of that I've have had maybe a couple handful conversations with Oliver and a few matches of ping pong at his house before they all went to Vegas when the season ended.

I don't typically ask my bro to ask him about anything hockey related. Not my place to ask nor does Oliver have any more info than the others reporting.

The only things I've ever been informed of was that barroway and co took Doan, Smith, Oliver and Tippet to lunch to see what arena site they all liked and that was months ago.

There's other random stuff that really doesn't matter that also never came to fruition that he's told me, but I'm in the same boat as most when it comes to any insider knowledge.

Sweet - love me some ping pong!

I don't seek info either, merely have it thrown at me and am more than happy to listen. Like I said, I know to keep my mouth shut when asked to.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Yet wasn't it you that reported that Boedker wanted to stay with AZ? Clearly nowhere close to the truth.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
LOL!

I've honestly heard nothing on that front. It's not even been mentioned, I think there is just faith that Doan will get signed.
the Doan situation will be over soon, very soon.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Heh I am neighbors with parents of the president of the Coyote's alumini. He also owns the golfcourse we live on. I believe he owns one down in Phoenix area as well.

I dont get much info out of his parents. But his son who is a young hockey player lives there during the winter shares some interesting info now and then.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm just a fan who will do crazy things like walk up to Brad Treliving at the Memorial Cup and ask who we likes better, Bo Horvat or Max Domi? And then proceed to have a 10 minute conversation about the team.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Yet wasn't it you that reported that Boedker wanted to stay with AZ? Clearly nowhere close to the truth.

Said it was a possibility. He left all of his belongings including his vehicle in Arizona. Didn't rule out the idea of coming back, but obviously that wasn't the case.

As I said before I don't spew **** just to do it. I don't talk hockey or ask for any info about hockey with my brother or Oliver. On that note, I wouldn't get anymore info than anyone else would know if I did ask.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm just a fan who will do crazy things like walk up to Brad Treliving at the Memorial Cup and ask who we likes better, Bo Horvat or Max Domi? And then proceed to have a 10 minute conversation about the team.

Nothing wrong being crazy about hockey and gaining meaningful knowledge.:nod:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I see YOtes haven't posted game. I only caught pieces of first between glares from girlfriend for watching the game at a family event.

I watch a lot of OHL games. Largely because of our prospects. Two years ago when we were debating Strome I commented at how I didn't see Strome doing much yet when you looked at the scoresheet he had two or three points. He didn't blow me away with his playmaking. His game was just solid in both zones. But not in that dominant can't take your eyes off him style that you associate with first line franchise C's. It's why I had Marner ahead of him and it's why I was advocating satisfying a long term need at D in Hanifin. My impression of the posts on Strome are just reconfirmation on how I felt two years ago.

I've actually warmed up to Strome (who I had at 5 his draft year so I wasn't exactly cold). That being said I like Keller as well (who I believe on skill should have been a top 5 pick but I ranked at 8 because of size and a huge crush on Logan Brown). Keller is that pull you out of your seat player who you associate with that 1C position. We are set at C. Two top C's.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I hope Keller chooses Windsor as I am biased toward the OHL. I am close to a lot of the teams, it's a top development league, and the Coyotes have had a lot of recent success with it.

Last year, we had 7 OHLers: Strome (Erie), Perlini (Niagara), MacInnis (Kitchener), Dvorak (London), Capobianco (Sudbury), Fischer (Windsor), Wood (North Bay).

This year, Perlini, MacInnis, Dvorak, Wood all graduate. There is a 95% chance that Strome makes the NHL too. Fischer could be 50/50 between junior and pro. That leave just Capo, who is on an awful team.

We'll have a minimum of 3 guys this year: Capo, Chychrun (Sarnia), and Dineen (North Bay). Keller could make that a nice foursome.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I hope Keller chooses Windsor as I am biased toward the OHL. I am close to a lot of the teams, it's a top development league, and the Coyotes have had a lot of recent success with it.

Last year, we had 7 OHLers: Strome (Erie), Perlini (Niagara), MacInnis (Kitchener), Dvorak (London), Capobianco (Sudbury), Fischer (Windsor), Wood (North Bay).

This year, Perlini, MacInnis, Dvorak, Wood all graduate. There is a 95% chance that Strome makes the NHL too. Fischer could be 50/50 between junior and pro. That leave just Capo, who is on an awful team.

We'll have a minimum of 3 guys this year: Capo, Chychrun (Sarnia), and Dineen (North Bay). Keller could make that a nice foursome.

So I should hold off buying OHL Live package until after training camp.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I remember when we went a few drafts in a row without a single pick from the OHL until we took Brett Maclean I think.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I see YOtes haven't posted game. I only caught pieces of first between glares from girlfriend for watching the game at a family event.

I watch a lot of OHL games. Largely because of our prospects. Two years ago when we were debating Strome I commented at how I didn't see Strome doing much yet when you looked at the scoresheet he had two or three points. He didn't blow me away with his playmaking. His game was just solid in both zones. But not in that dominant can't take your eyes off him style that you associate with first line franchise C's. It's why I had Marner ahead of him and it's why I was advocating satisfying a long term need at D in Hanifin. My impression of the posts on Strome are just reconfirmation on how I felt two years ago.

I've actually warmed up to Strome (who I had at 5 his draft year so I wasn't exactly cold). That being said I like Keller as well (who I believe on skill should have been a top 5 pick but I ranked at 8 because of size and a huge crush on Logan Brown). Keller is that pull you out of your seat player who you associate with that 1C position. We are set at C. Two top C's.

If your interested, I found recordings of the scrimage

Found recordings

p1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ADq7E8RyA
p2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQq7V5TwDA&feature=youtu.be
p3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWFaCktReeM&feature=youtu.be
ot https://streamable.com/lo9o
so https://streamable.com/huqb

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't know, I really liked the idea of Keller hitting the gym at BU.

I had the same idea until I saw him. He's much more filled out already than I thought he was. He's not nearly as twiggy as I thought. Windsor has become a top program. If he can develop some chemistry with Fischer, than all the better. It's nice because he's AHL eligible. So if he waltzes into he OHL and drops 100pts as a rookie and we don't see the point in sending him back, he can head straight to Tucson. Having players in college makes me nervous. The development path is longer because the competition is older, and youngsters aren't so often dominant right out of the gate. As soon as kids are a couple of years in, and it's a couple of years after the draft, I start getting antsy. It feels very disconnected. I want kids cashing Coyotes bonus checks ASAP and developing that loyalty.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One wrinkle in this is that Keller says he has no intention of doing the full 4 years at BU. Wants to do just a season and then the NHL.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
One wrinkle in this is that Keller says he has no intention of doing the full 4 years at BU. Wants to do just a season and then the NHL.

In that case, going to the OHL, and getting more used to a more pro style schedule wouldn't be bad. I'm not sure he has the frame to gain a ton of weight, so I can see Winsor as a good option for him.

Either way, his talent really showed during the scrimage. Even with being on the line with massive puck hog, I don't think we've ever had a prospect who could control the pace of the game as well as he does.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Pretty good, as well as Looke. Hoping they both get signed. If anyone knows anything about their future plans or contract status, I'm all ears.

Good to hear, picked him very early in my keeper league draft a few years ago. Glad to see he's attending camp.

Thank you again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad