Prospect Info: Coyotes Prospect Development Camp 2016 | July 4-8

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Should have its own thread.
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886253&navid=DL|ARI|home

Don't remember them actually have an on-ice session on the 4th before.

Also wonder if having it at GRA will take away from the kinda neat atmosphere at the smaller rinks while not having that much more attendance.

Schedule said:
2:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. on July 4

9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on July 5

9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on July 7

10:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on July 8.

July 8 at 7:00 p.m. - Intrasquad game

The Intrasquad game seems like the big new thing. Will it be a full 3 period game?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
There periods would be cool. I'll probably be there every day, especially since it's closer to me this year.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Skating at GRA has got to be all about money. Good on AEG for having the ice in early, can house the Yotes (major convenience for them) and also generate income from youth programs earlier.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Skating at GRA has got to be all about money. Good on AEG for having the ice in early, can house the Yotes (major convenience for them) and also generate income from youth programs earlier.

I agree. The Ice Den was packed last year, so moving to GRA is a good move.

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
I'll likely be at the game with my family. It'll be my youngest son's first game (he's 3 months old) :handclap:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Surprised to see Bunting on the list when he played all year in Springfield last season. Figure it doesn't hurt to get on the ice in front of the new GM, but he's a pro player.

22 year old Russian goalie with the good stat line Demchenko could be worth keeping an eye on. Smith, Domingue and Langhamer are the only goalies under contract right now, we're probably in the market for two more.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Sarah tweeted it. No Playfair boys. Quite a few invites though. About a dozen or so by my count:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmI2nvpUYAE5DRa.jpg:large

Anyone missing who should be there?
No deangelo, he played all year in the AHL too didn't he? I wonder if that's an indication of how close those two are to the bigs. Even without him there though there's like 4 dmen that actually have a decent shot at being players. Last year the only one was capobianco, now you add chych wood and dineen and the Dmen will be worth watching too.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Sarah tweeted it. No Playfair boys. Quite a few invites though. About a dozen or so by my count:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmI2nvpUYAE5DRa.jpg:large

Anyone missing who should be there?

Two KHL invites, pretty interesting. 6'4 203 LHD and a 6'2 goalie, both 22.

Elite Links for invites:
ALEXEI BEREGLAZOV
YEGOR BABENKO
MATTHEW BOUCHER
VASILI DEMCHENKO
ALEXANDRE GOULET
MICHAEL KAPLA
MASON KOHN
JEFF KUBIAK
OLIVIER LEBLANC
LANE PEDERSON
NIKI PETTI
JAMES SANCHEZ
EVAN SARTHOU
JALEN SMERECK
AARON TITCOMB
LEWIS ZERTER

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
22 year old Russian goalie with the good stat line Demchenko could be worth keeping an eye on. Smith, Domingue and Langhamer are the only goalies under contract right now, we're probably in the market for two more.
Demchenko is the name that jumped out at me right away. He was the starter for Traktor. Interesting that they invited some guys straight out of the KHL.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Thanks XX.

Looks like Bereglazov stepped up his game in the playoffs this year. Might be the right time to catch a shooting star?

indczn

May 28, 2008
I doubt I'll make any of the prospect camp this year. Too far a drive to take a long break from work and check it out.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Mathew Boucher is Philippe's kid. At least he was ranked by a service. Babenko, Sarthou, Sanchez also ranked. Sarthou was the 12th best NA goalie. Olivier Leblanc is a former Columbus pick.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hopefully they stream the camp this year. My usual intrepid shaky cam work will be unavailable on the 4th and 5th.

I will be there for the 7th, 8th, and intrasquad game though.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Bereglazov was also the last D cut from the Russia NT at the World Championships, but looks like he is contracted in KHL for one more season.

What are your thoughts on Vasily Demchenko? Is he still under contract? Just seems odd that a guy in his position would come over to a prospect development camp.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Hopefully they stream the camp this year. My usual intrepid shaky cam work will be unavailable on the 4th and 5th.

I will be there for the 7th, 8th, and intrasquad game though.

God damnit. I was relying on you Sniper.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What are your thoughts on Vasily Demchenko? Is he still under contract? Just seems odd that a guy in his position would come over to a prospect development camp.

Demchenko plays a well positioned and calm game, not very stable though, which is not surprising, as he just had his first KHL season as the starter. He also has one more year of KHL contract.

It's not exactly odd, for example, last summer Nikita Zaitsev went to Toronto camp with a year left on his contract and this summer he has signed there. So there could be a lot of possibilities... 'Chayka' is a pretty common Russian/Ukrainian/Belorussian surname, you know. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->