Friedman: Coyotes making a serious effort to trade for Taylor Hall (Blues, Stars, Oilers also interested)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
There are random people on Twitter, apparently who have called things before, who say a deal between the Avs and devils is close for Hall and he's played his last home game for the team.

I can't comment on the reliability, but some of the devils posted that they aren't clowns at the very least. Guess we will have a better idea of Hall is mysteriously scratched in the next couple of games, starting tonight
logo4.jpg

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Apparently he’s most likely getting traded by the end of this week / the devils road trip and it is looking like the Avs. Tyler Kelley who contributes to pucks and pitchforks heard from a source about this and that was backed up by Chris Wassel, who hosts a fantasy hockey show for draft kings & is followed by people like Greg Wys, Carcillo, the Devils play by play guy, the Devs official account, canes and devils employees as well as Mike Morreale & Scott Cullen.

Yeah I heard that guy (Wassel) talking about it a few hours ago on some Vegas hockey podcast. Sounded like a BS artist to me. Which I would expect given that he apparantely helps run a certain rumor site that probably is even worse than Eklund.
Pretty sure they don't follow him for his insider credibility. Maybe his fantasy hockey show is decent...

I'm sure the Canes would LOOOVE to have Taylor Hall, but to me it was always going to be the Avs that got him. They have the space to get him and comfortably extend him.

Nothing comfortable about Halls next contract....

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Yeah I heard that guy (Wassel) talking about it a few hours ago on some Vegas hockey podcast. Sounded like a BS artist to me. Which I would expect given that he apparantely helps run a certain rumor site that probably is even worse than Eklund.
Pretty sure they don't follow him for his insider credibility. Maybe his fantasy hockey show is decent...

Nothing comfortable about Halls next contract....

Maybe, however, I expect the cap to balloon to well-past $90M by the time guys like Makar get their second contracts. That's what I mean by comfortable; their core guys are locked up to very good contracts and they're well-under the cap.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Maybe, however, I expect the cap to balloon to well-past $90M by the time guys like Makar get their second contracts. That's what I mean by comfortable; their core guys are locked up to very good contracts and they're well-under the cap.

IMO there is nothing comfortable about having to pay your at best 4th most important player a 10M+ contract that will probably look really ugly a few years down the road. Even if the cap hits 90M+ that will be problematic.

I would gladly watch him go to the Canes..
Can you please call your GM and make it happen ? :sarcasm:

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Hall most definitely doesn't hate it in NJ. I don't know where you even get this nonsense from.

Sorry bud but if Hall didn't hate it in New Jersey he would have already signed an extension.

It's clear as day he wasn't happy being traded there from Edmonton.

With this being the case, going to an even lesser hockey market sure as hell isn't going to be his cup of tea

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Sorry bud but if Hall didn't hate it in New Jersey he would have already signed an extension.

With this being the case, going to an even lesser hockey market sure as hell isn't going to be his cup of tea

I can't say for sure whether he hates it or doesn't hate it, and I don't think anyone but Taylor really can. I'll give him credit though - he has handled himself very well during this circumstance, especially if he doesn't like it there. He's never asked for a trade, he's never complained or anything like that (well, he complained about the fans one night earlier this year when the boo birds came out). He and his agent were pretty open with the dialogue it felt like with the media and with Shero, and at one point it certainly didn't seem as though he were against an extension with New Jersey (whether or not that was all real or not, I can't say). He hasn't gotten into it on a public forum, which is good.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

10 years in, it remains to be seen what exactly is Taylor Hall's cup of tea

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
10 years in, it remains to be seen what exactly is Taylor Hall's cup of tea

Well, if the guy could stay healthy it would be more apparent.

Either way, what we do know is Hall was pissed about getting traded.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
IMO there is nothing comfortable about having to pay your at best 4th most important player a 10M+ contract that will probably look really ugly a few years down the road. Even if the cap hits 90M+ that will be problematic.

I would gladly watch him go to the Canes..
Can you please call your GM and make it happen ? :sarcasm:
Despite MacK's recent comments about "taking less" again on his next deal, a Hall contract at $10M+ sort of re-defines what "taking less" means if he is paid that kind of money as your 4th most important player.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Despite MacK's recent comments about "taking less" again on his next deal, a Hall contract at $10M+ sort of re-defines what "taking less" means if he is paid that kind of money as your 4th most important player.

Trading for a rental doesn't necessarily mean the team is going to sign them.

The return for rentals is almost always underwelming compared to what fans claim a player is worth prior to the trade.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Well, if the guy could stay healthy it would be more apparent.

Either way, what we do know is Hall was pissed about getting traded.

Well he was pissed about playing in Edmonton, pissed about playing in New Jersey, pissed about never making the playoffs

Kinda don't want him in Colorado if he's just gonna be pissed about the altitude

Reactions: SensontheRush

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Well he was pissed about playing in Edmonton, pissed about playing in New Jersey, pissed about never making the playoffs

Kinda don't want him in Colorado if he's just gonna be pissed about the altitude

Although potentially true, Hall never mentioning anything negative about Edmonton during his time there. It wasn't until after he was traded and in a bitter state that he brought up never making the playoffs etc.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC

Depends why he didn't like those organisations. Entirely possible he was pissed about losing, which would fit great on legit contender with teammates who hate to lose.

Reactions: Chips

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

I would consider all of that pissiness the same... the guy wants to be in a good situation, he’s competive.

Edmonton looked like it was about to come up at the time he got traded, and he was ready to be a part of it... then they not only trade him, but to a team that looked even farther away. He waited patiently there in Edmonton and arguably would have readily stayed in Edmonton at that point.

I think if he gets traded to any legit contender he will be content, at least. He probably wants to feel like his games matter long run, like he’s not wasting away his best years.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

So aside from your uniformed use of the word hate - which is a pretty strong term - you are also uniformed about what went down. After his first season in NJ Shero apparently asked Hall is he wanted to be traded away and Hall said no. Fast forward to early this season and Hall allegedly gives Ferris the green light to negotiate. Then more recently it was reported that take broke down because Shero wouldn’t go more than five years on an extension. So maybe Hall didn’t sign because NJ didn’t offer the seven or eight years he wanted? But your narrative is so much more dramatic and condescending about a franchise you don’t root for so let’s go with that.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

What a complete over simplification. If NJ was winning, he would have signed an extension. This is all about winning. Nothing besides you trying to fabricate a narrative has ever suggested he doesn’t like NJ or playing for the Devils.

He’s just sick of losing.

Reactions: My3Sons

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
If you're trading for Hall, prepare to be fleeced. Ray Shero has his faults, but he's one of the best value traders in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad