Friedman: Coyotes making a serious effort to trade for Taylor Hall (Blues, Stars, Oilers also interested)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-4_12-4-36.png
    upload_2019-12-4_12-4-36.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 30

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Don't see Hall signing in ARZ as by all accounts he wants to be in a real hockey market
This would purely be a rental

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Hall to Arizona would have to be a pure rental, one would think.

In my opinion, the chance Halls resigns there has to be low, considering his highest priority right now is winning and making the playoffs (not that the yotes wont make it this year, they're just not a "winning" team yet). Not sure why they would bother giving up the asking price (D, top prospects and picks).

The friedman thing says the devils want picks and prospects back, and D (assuming D prospects would be the perfect scenario). Would this be Soderstrom?, taken 11th overall 2019, right shot D. HUGE price to pay for a rental. Coyotes would definitely prefer to give up Bahl (55th overall 2018) and a pick,.

Chayka is as hands on as they come and you bet hes doing his due-diligence, but hes a bit handcuffed in this.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Exciting time to be a Devils fan, between all these high draft picks, shedding a despised coach and now looking at the haul for Hall.

Definitely rivals the Cup years in terms of sheer joy.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Looking at Evander Kane and Mark Stone trades generally these expiring UFAs don't return an established player with term.

Market value is probably 1st + 3rd + B prospect or 2nd + 2nd + A prospect where the 3rd or 2nd turns into a 1st if re-signed.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
"Watch STL, they think they can repeat and they're going to go for it".

Sounds like Petro is staying this year contract or no, and we very well could be in on Hall.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Looking at Evander Kane and Mark Stone trades generally these expiring UFAs don't return an established player with term.

Market value is probably 1st + 3rd + B prospect or 2nd + 2nd + A prospect where the 3rd or 2nd turns into a 1st if re-signed.

Yeah. If I had to guess it'd be something like Victor Soderstrom and a 2nd or Kevin Bahl and a 1st. Maybe a small + here or there.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
So without a contract extension, Arizona is looking at a 1st round pick, a good prospect and some salary to even things out?

Arizona will probably be in on Kreider as well I would assume

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you

Considering Hall has much higher potential than Kane and is equal to Stone, I would argue that he'd likely return something similar to the Stone trade. I'd guess the return will be a top 10 prospect from recent years draft.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Considering Hall has much higher potential than Kane and is equal to Stone, I would argue that he'd likely return something similar to the Stone trade. I'd guess the return will be a top 10 prospect from recent years draft.
Stone signed an extension, which allowed Ottawa to get more back. At this point, all indications point to Hall being moved without a contract extension

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Stone (basically) came with an extension, which was the only reason Brannstrom was involved. If Hall is dealt as a pure rental I have a hard time seeing him return that type of piece.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Probably something like

Bahl
Conditional 2020 1st (Coyotes make playoffs or its a 2020 2nd)
Conditional 2021 1st (If Hall resigns)

Reactions: Mosby and Ainsy01

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yeah the Yotes make more sense than the Avs. They need Hall way more than we do.

Bahl + 1st + conditional 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->