Friedman: Coyotes making a serious effort to trade for Taylor Hall (Blues, Stars, Oilers also interested)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KinCornKarn

Oct 2, 2003
Sorry bud but if Hall didn't hate it in New Jersey he would have already signed an extension.

It's clear as day he wasn't happy being traded there from Edmonton.

With this being the case, going to an even lesser hockey market sure as hell isn't going to be his cup of tea

I know you can read minds but for what it is worth Hall did say "I like it here in New Jersey, and it would take a good reason to want to leave, but we'll see how that plays out." "There's a lot of time before my contract is done."

The team sucks so I don't blame him for wanting to leave. Or maybe he just wants to have the opportunity to choose where he plays for the first time in his career. There are a lot of reasons why players test the open market.
Hall sees room for improvement following playoff loss with Devils

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
So aside from your uniformed use of the word hate - which is a pretty strong term - you are also uniformed about what went down. After his first season in NJ Shero apparently asked Hall is he wanted to be traded away and Hall said no. Fast forward to early this season and Hall allegedly gives Ferris the green light to negotiate. Then more recently it was reported that take broke down because Shero wouldn’t go more than five years on an extension. So maybe Hall didn’t sign because NJ didn’t offer the seven or eight years he wanted? But your narrative is so much more dramatic and condescending about a franchise you don’t root for so let’s go with that.

Are you so soft that you get caught up over words like "hate"? Grow a thicker skin. Disliked, hate it's all the same to me. You are also basing your opinion over scenarios that "allegedly" took place which doesn't put you in any more of a sure position then I'm in. The facts as they currently sit coming directly from Hall himself is that he wasn't happy about being traded and that he likes playing in real hockey markets.

Once upon a time the greatest player to ever play the game stated that New Jersey is a "mickey mouse organization". I guess that also doesn't hold true simply because you have a problem with it, right?

Last edited:

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
What a complete over simplification. If NJ was winning, he would have signed an extension. This is all about winning. Nothing besides you trying to fabricate a narrative has ever suggested he doesn’t like NJ or playing for the Devils.

He’s just sick of losing.

Your opinion holds no more weight then mine but you can continue to downplay the situation all you like if it makes you feel better.

I have no skin in this game so it's easy to be objective, unlike yourself.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Are you so soft that you get caught up over words like "hate"? Grow a thicker skin. Disliked, hate it's all the same to me. You are also basing your opinion over scenarios that "allegedly" took place which doesn't put you in any more of a sure position then I'm in. The facts as they currently sit coming directly from Hall himself is that he's wasn't happy about being traded and that he likes playing in real hockey markets.

Once upon a time the greatest player to ever play the game stated that New Jersey is a "mickey mouse organization". I guess that also doesn't hold true simply because you have a problem with it, right?

why don't you show these facts?
This is what he has said:
On being a free agent this summer and if being on a Stanley Cup contender is a priority ...
"I think that's probably the highest priority. Lifestyle-wise, I'm not married or anything. I don't have kids. I'm not really at a point in my career where location matters to me, if I want to be on the West Coast or East Coast or anything like that. You can make any city great if you're playing well and you're winning there. So that's basically my priority."
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id...-2018-19-future-kawhi-leonard-patrick-mahomes

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
I know you can read minds but for what it is worth Hall did say "I like it here in New Jersey, and it would take a good reason to want to leave, but we'll see how that plays out." "There's a lot of time before my contract is done."

The team sucks so I don't blame him for wanting to leave. Or maybe he just wants to have the opportunity to choose where he plays for the first time in his career. There are a lot of reasons why players test the open market.
Hall sees room for improvement following playoff loss with Devils

If you don't think a player is able to change his opinion after running high from a playoff berth and then sinking to the low that New Jersey is currently in you are far more naive then I would have initially thought.

Last edited:

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Are you so soft that you get caught up over words like "hate"? Grow a thicker skin. Disliked, hate it's all the same to me. You are also basing your opinion over scenarios that "allegedly" took place which doesn't put you in any more of a sure position then I'm in. The facts as they currently sit coming directly from Hall himself is that he's wasn't happy about being traded and that he likes playing in real hockey markets.

No it doesn't hold true because he said it about an organization, an organization in which his team just beat 13-4 bringing them to a 2-18 season at the time. Wasn't a bad description at that point. But the team went on to a lot of success and Gretzky has since taken back those statements.

You said Hall hates it in Jersey. Most players live in NYC or within a 20-40 minute ride into it. Do people hate playing for the Rangers?

Or did you mean FOR Jersey, an organization that has close to no negative things said about them from former players.

Or do you have some weird ax to grind, because the aggressiveness and goal post moving seems to point to that.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
why don't you show these facts?
This is what he has said:
On being a free agent this summer and if being on a Stanley Cup contender is a priority ...
"I think that's probably the highest priority. Lifestyle-wise, I'm not married or anything. I don't have kids. I'm not really at a point in my career where location matters to me, if I want to be on the West Coast or East Coast or anything like that. You can make any city great if you're playing well and you're winning there. So that's basically my priority."
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id...-2018-19-future-kawhi-leonard-patrick-mahomes

Yeah, because I have nothing better to do with my time then spend hours digging up video and media articles from several years ago when Hall was traded.

I know what I remember happening as has been repeated on Edmonton radio on an Oilers specific radio show that takes place daily by a guy that's both employed by and travels on the same plane as the team.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Yeah, because I have nothing better to do with my time then spend hours digging up video and media articles from several years ago when Hall was traded.

I know what I remember happening as has been repeated on Edmonton radio on an Oilers specific radio show that takes place daily by a guy that's both employed by and travels on the same plane as the team.
and i showed you something hall literally said the start of this season. even if it were true a couple years can change things

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
No it doesn't hold true because he said it about an organization, an organization in which his team just beat 13-4 bringing them to a 2-18 season at the time. Wasn't a bad description at that point. But the team went on to a lot of success and Gretzky has since taken back those statements.

You said Hall hates it in Jersey. Most players live in NYC or within a 20-40 minute ride into it. Do people hate playing for the Rangers?

Or did you mean FOR Jersey, an organization that has close to no negative things said about them from former players.

Or do you have some weird ax to grind, because the aggressiveness and goal post moving seems to point to that.

Like I said, I have no skin in this game and quite frankly this thread wasn't even about how Hall feels about New Jersey but a bunch of devils fans some how got ass hurt over a comment I made that is easily possible by what Hall said when he was traded and his lack of an extension at this point.

But let's turn this into a discussion about New York now. Who's really moving the goal posts?

Last edited:

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Like I said, I have no skin in this game and quite frankly this thread wasn't even about how Hall feels about New Jersey but a bunch of devils fans some how got ass hurt over a comment I made that is easily possible by what Hall said when he was traded and his lack of an extension at this point.

But let's turn this into a duscission about New York now. Who's really moving the goals posts?
Ahh, the ol' ignore an entire post for one sentence move. Got it, this is a case where you said something because you have some weird hatred for the Devils, people told you that you were probably wrong, and now you are just treading water at this point.

Another good move is just stepping away for about 3 pages until everyone forgets your screw up and then stepping back in. Usually works.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Ahh, the ol' ignore an entire post for one sentence move. Got it, this is a case where you said something because you have some weird hatred for the Devils, people told you that you were probably wrong, and now you are just treading water at this point.

Another good move is just stepping away for about 3 pages until everyone forgets your screw up and then stepping back in. Usually works.

The ol' someone said something negative about my team and I decided to throw a pissy fit move. Got it.

I could honestly care less about the devils. They are an irrelevant franchise right now.

Another good move is accepting that your team is a tire fire and it's likely Hall wants out so that he doesn't have to sink with the ship.

KinCornKarn

Oct 2, 2003

Took about ten minutes. Sorry if my using an actual quote from the player in question went too far. You made an assumption about Hall hating it in New Jersey, even going back to his initial trade from Edmonton. I found a source indicating he at least for a time liked it in New Jersey.

Why does he want to leave now? I assume it is because the team is bad and he does not see it improving any time soon. It is also a possibility that he, like any athletes, is looking forward to the time when he is able exercise more control of his employment through unrestricted free agency. Perhaps he already has some other teams in mind. Maybe he would rather live someplace else. Your guess is as good as mine. I just try not to pretend like I know exactly what any of these athletes are thinking.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
The ol' someone said something negative about my team and I decided to throw a pissy fit move. Got it.

I could honestly care less about the devils. They are an irrelevant franchise right now.

Another good move is accepting that your team is a tire fire and it's likely Hall wants out so that he doesn't have to sink with the ship.
It's a hockey forum, and the Devils are the second worst team in the league, if I, or anyone else were bothered anytime something negative was said about the Devils, we would all need new keyboards once a week. You aren't breaking new ground pal. It's the fact that you sound like you have some irrational hatred for them. Which is fine. Just a little weird with how far you are taking it.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
But regardless, I don't think Hall signs until FA. He has stated multiple times all he cares about is winning. If traded to Colorado, he has a shot. Then he has another shot to pick his spot and pick his dollar amount. Not a hard choice to make.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Sorry bud but if Hall didn't hate it in New Jersey he would have already signed an extension.

It's clear as day he wasn't happy being traded there from Edmonton.

With this being the case, going to an even lesser hockey market sure as hell isn't going to be his cup of tea
There's a difference between hating it somewhere, and wanting to leave because he's getting older and wants to win, bud.

NJ isn't even close to contending for the cup, otherwise he has stated many times that he wants to win there and loves life as a Devil. Don't act like you know what runs through his mind.

Reactions: My3Sons

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Chychrun won’t be moved. He’s 21, already has 200 games under his belt, signed to a great contract, and is quickly becoming Arizona’s best defenceman.
Just to make things clear Chychrun is much better than Timmins right now and most probably down the line. Byram has maybe the higher ceiling as Chychrun but also the lower floor.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
EDIT: Because TLDR

1. All the insiders are saying that it is very unlikely that Hall would do that. He is no Stone and his agent is notorious for not doing stuff like that.
2. He will get traded to a good team anyways. Maybe even Colorado. If he likes it there (Denver or Arizona or wherever), he can always sign an extension a few months in. Sounds better than committing to a team he does not know much about that might or might not be a good fit at what probably would be a below market value extension.
3. If he does not like his new team, he gets to be in full control over his next destination which probably is pretty appealing to Hall given what he has gone through in his career. Hitting July 1st will probably also help out maximizing his earnings. If he wants to he can always sign with the Avs then if that is the offer he likes the most.
4. It simply does not benefit him all that much. What does he have to gain from that unless he is completely deadset on going to Colorado at any cost (which seems unlikely)?
Just to help out the Devils? Why?
On the other hand Hall and his agent gain early control over his potential landing place by agreeing to discuss a contract extension as part of the trade talks. And it doesn't have to be just one team. They would get a head start to evaluate his market value and how different GMs look at him.
And the argument of his injury history weighs much more on Hall than Shero. If Shero should be interested in trading Hall quickly because of it, Hall should be even more interested in signing his extension quickly, if he can find an contract offer he likes.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Are you so soft that you get caught up over words like "hate"? Grow a thicker skin. Disliked, hate it's all the same to me. You are also basing your opinion over scenarios that "allegedly" took place which doesn't put you in any more of a sure position then I'm in. The facts as they currently sit coming directly from Hall himself is that he wasn't happy about being traded and that he likes playing in real hockey markets.

Are you so soft, that you get caught up over someone not agreeing with your pure speculation? Grow a thicker skin or provide some evidence for the baseless claims.

He also said he wants to play for a consistent winner, which basically excludes all teams in Canada. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad