Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Hire Phil Housley as Assistant Coach

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Gambo too. His source is Tocchet for sure.

I'm wondering if there is some bizarre set up where Allen takes over the forwards but keeps PK. Housley coaches the D and the PP. John MacLean is "promoted" to that "eye in the sky" coach in the press box.

This is my only hope

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It can’t be worse than MacLean. Not possible.

Very possible. Phil may have been a very good assistant in Nashville, though he also had a top-4 that was the envy of most of the hockey world there. It's possible he will again be a good assistant for the Coyotes considering the talent on the blueline.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Tippett and Playfair are coaching the run and gun Oilers, while the Coyotes get the 1991 All Star team as coaches? What is happening?

CataMYH.jpg

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Gambo too. His source is Tocchet for sure.

I'm wondering if there is some bizarre set up where Allen takes over the forwards but keeps PK. Housley coaches the D and the PP. John MacLean is "promoted" to that "eye in the sky" coach in the press box.
Yup, have Johnny Mac sit in the press box monitoring the hot dog intake of Connauton and Fischer.....to ensure there's enough for Kessel after the game :)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Clearly photoshopped. That picture almost looks like Housley is trying to play defense.

You'll note that the puck is on its way toward the net and Phil in his usual fashion doesn't have his stick in position to do anything about it. That is him trying to play defense.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Clearly photoshopped. That picture almost looks like Housley is trying to play defense.

You'll note that the puck is on its way toward the net and Phil in his usual fashion doesn't have his stick in position to do anything about it. That is him trying to play defense.

Housley took the only two penalties in the game as well. While Tocchet and Maclean both scored, they couldn't muster enough offense to outscore the Campbell Conference....

edit: Photoshop confirmed, that's Pavel Bure back checking behind Toc, as if.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I just wanna say that I love irrational hatreds and sports needs more of them these days :nod:

I cheered the day Buffalo traded him and having seen the disaster he was behind the bench, my reservations about him that could be deemed irrational hatred were born out over two seasons of the most painfully badly coached and executed hockey I have ever suffered through.

I hate the guy, how he conducts himself and how he acted as both a player and as a HC.

But for the Coyotes' sake, I hope he does a good job for your blueline.

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

They say that "Those who can't do, teach."

Let's hope that's the case here.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They say that "Those who can't do, teach."

Let's hope that's the case here.

In his case, yeah. Heck, he even benched someone for not challenging a player after a high hit this past season. Phil, in his career, regularly ducked every physical post-whistle confrontation including letting a teammate get repeatedly suckerpunched right next to him. And if he ever threw a bodycheck, I never saw it. "Do as I say, not as a I do."

Reactions: Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
according to Buffalo fans, he had extreme trouble navigating in-game mechanics
What do the fans know.:) The way it sounds he was a good assistant coach and not very good head coach, but the Sabres were, are rebuilding. Who knows, the proof will be in the pudding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad